The facilities have been out of action now for more than a year, said former community councillor David Gallant, a regular passenger.
The 17 sites, spread across the whole of Argyll and Bute, have all been allocated without a public consultation but feedback from communities will be monitored.
The request was approved at last week’s meeting of Highland Council’s Communities and Place Committee.
A council spokesperson confirmed the council was aware of the matter and an update was expected.
An agreement to open the conveniences despite it being out-of-season has been agreed by Argyll and Bute Council, BID4Oban and a willing operator.
Argyll and Bute Council set July 11 as the re-start date for the enforcement of car parking charges but said wardens would be keeping an eye out for any rule-breakers.
The facilities have been shut since lockdown restrictions were imposed in the UK as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Corryvreckan has been awarded a platinum star rating by inspectors.