Fort head for play-offs on a high

Adam Morris scored one of four goals for The Fort on Wednesday night. Photograph: Iain Ferguson,

Want to read more?

We value our content and access to our full site is only available with a  subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device.  In addition, your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.

Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish).

Already a subscriber?


Problems logging in and require
technical support? Click here
Subscribe Now

Fort William Football Club will travel to the first of two play-off games against Banks O Dee having bagged their first victory of the season.

Shadab Iftikhar’s men beat Strathspey Thistle 4-2 at Seafield Park last week.

With their relegation play-off double header on April 23 and 30 almost upon them, Fort put on a confident display over their fellow stragglers.

Strathspey scored the first goal after 32 minutes of play at the Grantown on Spey venue but Fort struck back when Ethan Cairns, on loan from Inverness Caledonian Thistle, scored his first goal for the club.

Adam Morris then notched his second for Fort William to put his side ahead.

Strathspey equalised in the 84th but once again Fort’s response was immediate, Igor Sani this time scoring his first goal for the Claggan Park outfit.

Prolific scorer Yves Zama put the icing on the cake with a late goal to make the final score 4-2.

The night before, Fort William travelled to play Turiff United and came away with a 1-1 draw.

Aaron Reid gave Turriff the lead in the first half but the Lochaber side came back into it just after the break with substitute Sean Munchenje coming on to score the equaliser.

Both teams pushed for the winner in the closing stages with Taylor Kelly, Yves Zama and Adam Morris all going close for Fort William, however, it remained all square at the final whistle.

On Saturday, Fort were beaten 2-1 by Deveronvale FC. Adam Morris was the scorer.