Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available with a subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device. In addition, your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.
Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish).
technical support? Click here
Plockton and district community council met in Plockton hall on January 11.
Among the items discussed were the following.
• Election of a new chairman, vice-chairman and secretary will take place at their next meeting on 14th Feb.
• Car park extension.
• A feasibility study is to be carried out by HC to try and help Plockton parking problems.
• Coral beach parking.
• HC are to make a car park with lined parking bays near to the beach.
• A new sign has been ordered to replace the damaged one at Strathy.
• Plans will be published on notice boards for 12 houses on the shinty pitch field.
• The council was awarded £800 from UK Cycling and hope to hold four bike events in the district to encourage bike use.
• Kishorn Port Ltd has agreed to donate towards two benches for the village.
Recent deaths in the community have included: John Macdonald (Kyle); Joan Main, (Kyle); Connie McCulloch (Kyle); John MacDougall (Ardelve); Berwyn Edwards, (Inverinate). Sympathy is expressed to sorrowing relatives.