Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available with a subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device. In addition, your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.
Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish).
The sun is shining – although it might not be by the time this goes to press! – and lots of folk are off on holiday.
It’s a good time to take a breath and consider the progress we’ve made over the last year or so.
At Lochaber Chamber of Commerce, we spend all our energy and focus on helping our member businesses to thrive. We do this by helping with business issues, promoting what they’re doing, helping them to maximise opportunities through training and networking or making sure our members’ voices are heard by arranging ministerial meetings and contributing to Scottish Chambers of Commerce briefings.
What we don’t do very often is talk about ourselves!
The rather old-fashioned name Chamber of Commerce might bring to mind a stuffy, formal organisation but nothing could be further from the truth. We’re actually a really small team who punch well above our weight in the support we give to Lochaber business.
Despite the fact that you can count our core team on one hand, we achieve a lot to help our members. Here are just some highlights of our work over the last few months:
- Hosted meetings with Kate Forbes MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Economy, Ivan McKee MSP, the new Minister for Business, Trade, Tourism and Enterprise & Ian Blackford, our local MP and leader of SNP in Westminster
- Participated in Tri-Chamber virtual networking event with Inverness & Caithness Chamber
- Hosted Employment Law Café to bring businesses up to date with key developments
- Led an industry-wide Scottish Aquaculture event
- Held a Local Craft & Produce Market as part of the Spring Mountain Festival
- Held an outdoor cooking event with local chefs, showcasing the range of fantastic local produce and hospitality on offer
- Created a ‘Love Lochaber’ local promotional campaign
- Created and manage ‘Test and Protect ‘app for easy customer contact tracing
- Led three international virtual trade missions to Canada and USA
- Created a business-led mentoring scheme for nurturing local talent
- Publish monthly members’ enewsletters and weekly CEO’s briefing …and a lot, lot more!
- We’re proud of the support we’re able to offer our member businesses of all sizes and in all sectors. We’re delighted to say that we’ve attracted many new members over the past year and are working together towards a fantastic future for Lochaber business.
- If you’d like to join Lochaber Chamber of Commerce, drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll arrange to call for a chat, or sign up online at www.lochaberchamber.co.uk