Nightclub bans 18th parties

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available with a  subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish)

Already a subscriber?

 

Subscribe Now

Bosses of an Oban nightclub have stopped taking bookings for 18th birthday parties after being forced to shut down a private function.

The View in George Street called the emergency services at around 9.30pm on Saturday February 1.

An ambulance was called to the scene after an 18-year-old was taken ill  and needed treatment at Lorn and Islands Hospital in Oban.

The View music venue is a popular nightspot for events in the town from fundraisers, to trad music concerts to ceilidhs and DJ nights.

A statement on The View’s social media page announced that 18th birthday parties would no longer be accepted at the venue and an apology was also made to neighbours and anyone else disturbed by the function and party-goers.

‘We accepted a booking for a private function till 11pm but unfortunately at 9.30pm, management were forced to call the emergency services for assistance and shut down the party.

‘We’d like to apologise to any of our neighbours or anyone further afield who was impacted by any disturbances linked to this event and its attendees.

‘As a result we want to notify all parents that 18th birthday parties will no longer be accepted at our venue,’ said the statement.

As reported in last week’s Oban Times, a Police Scotland spokesman said: ‘We were called to a report of a concern for a person around 9.40pm on Saturday February 1 in the George Street area of Oban. An 18-year-old man was taken to hospital by the Scottish Ambulance Service.’