Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards
Preparations are well under way for Tobermory Lifeboat Day on Sunday August 11 in Tobermory Harbour and Ledaig car park from noon to 4pm.
This year’s Tobermory Lifeboat Day theme is Harry Potter! Come along and enjoy a great day out.
A taste of what to look forward to:
· Tour the Severn-class lifeboat
· Meet some of Hedwig’s pals with Kintail Birds of Prey
· Free lifejacket clinic and safety advice
· Loch Fyne Oysters
· Music from local band Flora
· Lots of games to play and stalls to browse
· Raffle with amazing prizes (tickets can be bought on the day or in advance from the RNLI shop, Seafare and at the Salen Show)
The day will kick off at noon with a display from the Seahawks Cheerleading Academy.
There will be a fancy dress parade (for all ages!) at 1pm, judged by a special guest from Hogwarts.
The raft race will take place at 3.30pm. Please register at the clock tower at 3.15pm. Lifejackets must be worn but no water balloons please as they contribute towards plastic pollution in the bay.