Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available with a subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards
Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish)
Preparations are under way for this year’s Lorn Show, which will be held at Keil Grazings, Tralee, Benderloch, on August 3.
The judges for this year’s show are:
- Blackface and Young Farmers Classes – Mr Bill Graham, Craigdarroch Farm, Sanquhar.
- Cross Sheep – Mr John Graham, Mains of Burnbank, Blair Drummond.
- Highland Cattle – Mr. Jimmy Laing, Invergordon.
- Pure and Cross Cattle – Mr James Graham, Mains of Burnbank, Blair Drummond.
- Dogs – Mrs Margaret Lister, Achnamara, Lochgilphead.
- Poultry – Miss Emma MacDougall, Tobermory.
- Horticultural – Mr Ronald MacKillop, Oban.
- Home Baking – Mrs Fiona Jackson, Oban.
- Handicrafts – Mrs Marina Curran-Colthart, Appin.
- Umpire – Mr Hamish McNicol, Turnault Farm, Ardfern.
The schedule for the Home Industries and Horticultural event is on the show’s Facebook page or is available by emailing email@example.com. This section is open to all.
If anyone would like to help the organisers on the week leading up to, and the day of the show, they would be delighted to hear from you and you would be made most welcome. Please contact the secretary on the above email.