Kyles and Kinlochshiel will contest Macaulay Cup final

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

Kyles Athletic and Kinlochshiel will meet in the 2018 Artemis Macaulay Cup Final, Newtonmore go two points clear at the top of the Marine Harvest Premiership and Kilmallie stay top of the Marine Harvest National Division following the shinty action last Saturday.

Kyles Atletic’s Ross MacRae and Oban Camanachd’s Garry Lord in a tussle for the ball during last Saturday’s Macaulay Cup semi-final at Mossfield which the Tighnabruaich side edged by the odd goal in three. Photograph: Stephen Lawson

Artemis Macaulay Cup – Semi-Finals
Oban Camanachd 1
Kyles Athletic 2
Kyles Athletic overcame the loss of a number of key first team regulars to beat Oban Camanachd 2-1 in their 3pm throw up at Mossfield.
Oban Camanachd were without Scott MacMillan and Daniel MacVicar.

Indeed Scott MacMillan will now miss the forthcoming league matches against Kingussie and Kinlochshiel as his booking against Lovat the previous weekend took him through the disciplinary points threshold. Craig MacDougall returned and he started in attack.

Kyles had a lengthy absentee list with Roddy MacDonald, Thomas Whyte, Gordon Whyte, Robbie MacLeod, Donald Irvine and Grant Irvine all missing. Dunky Kerr was back in the side.

Whether complacency set into the Oban camp after seeing the list of missing Kyles players or whether the Tighnabruaich men dug in against the odds – probably a bit of both – Kyles looked the hungrier from the start and whilst Oban Camanachd struggled to create chances, Kyles Athletic’s Colin MacDonald spurned a couple of opportunities in the first half.

David Lafferty started at full centre for Oban Camanachd but he had to be withdrawn after getting hit on the knee. He was replaced by Willie Neilson.

It looked as if the first half would end goalless when, on 43 minutes, Sandy MacKenzie crashed a 35-yard shot from out on the right into the net. Oban Camanachd keeper Cameron Sutherland got a stick to the ball but the force of the shot took it high into the net.

Oban Camanachd had the wind in the second half and Lorne Dickie equalised a couple of minutes after the restart when he took a Willie Neilson pass and shot through a ruck of players from around the penalty area.

Sandy MacKenzie scored what proved to be the winner on 57 minutes. Dunky Kerr sent in a corner from the right and the ball evaded everyone, eventually landing to MacKenzie inside the D and he gave the keeper no chance with a back-hand strike.

Oban Camanachd threw Daniel Cameron forward on the hour with Chrissy MacMillan coming off the bench to replace Craig MacDougall.
Scott MacDonald started at full centre for Kyles where he did well. However, he was forced off through injury midway through the second half with Dunky Kerr slotting in in his place.

Oban Camanachd’s other change saw Evan MacLellan taking over from Malcolm Clark.

The red and blacks were struggling to keep the ball up front although Lorne Dickie had a couple of good chances late on but couldn’t find the target whilst an Aidan MacIntyre shot, after a decent move, was saved with his body by John Whyte.

Kyles deserve great credit as they battled hard and it seemed they wanted it more, usually getting to the ball first. They probably only created four real chances during the game but they converted two of them.
George Thomson was one of the Kyles players given a start with the number of absences and the 19-year -old made the most of his opportunity and was named sponsor’s man of the match.

Graham Cameron was the match referee.

This was a missed opportunity for Oban Camanachd and after the match, their manager Ian Hay was clearly frustrated with what he had just seen. He said: ‘I’m disappointed and frustrated with our attitude today and we can’t just expect to turn up and win matches without working for it.
‘We need to learn from this and now get ourselves safe in the league. We can then try to add a couple more of the younger boys to the first team squad before the season ends.’

Touchline action: Oliver Macrae (Kinlochshiel) and Greg Matheson (Lovat). Kinlochshiel v Lovat in the Artemis MacAulay Cup semi final (north), played at Braeview, Beauly.

Lovat 0
Kinlochshiel 1
A second half Jordan Fraser goal was all that separated Lovat and Kinlochshiel at Braeview Park

Lovat’s Drew Howie took up a place on the bench whilst Lewis Tawse was fit enough to start.

Keith MacRae’s knee problem kept him out for ’Shiel whilst Finlay MacRae played at full centre with Duncan Matheson starting at right wing forward.
’Shiel won the toss and opted to play with a slight wind advantage behind them.

The first 15 minutes was mostly Kinlochshiel as an attacking force as they opened with some high intensity play.

Donald Nixon’s shot from distance on 90 seconds was going just under bar until Stuart MacDonald raised his stick to tip the ball over.

The visitors went close again on 11 minutes when Finlay MacRae won possession and ran forward, avoiding a few challenges, but he mis-hit his shot.

A Mark MacLachlan pass set up Duncan Davidson at edge of box but David Falconer managed to snuff out the chance.

Mark MacLachlan, again set up Duncan Davidson, saw a shot saved with his hand by Scott Kennedy. Graeme MacMillan then got past Mark MacDonald but his strike flew just wide.

Craig Mainland managed to deflect away a Donald Nixon shot before Marc MacLachlan forced a smart Scott Kennedy save with his foot with Lovat claiming for a penalty.

Shortly after, Lewis Tawse won the ball on the right and he found Greg Matheson who saw his shot again saved with his foot by Kennedy and again the penalty claims rang out.

Jordan Fraser shaved the post following a short free-hit on 30 minutes.
A rehearsed Kinlochshiel set-piece then saw Finlay MacRae gather the ball but Stuart MacDonald saved with his body. Paul MacRae was booked for a foul on Greg Matheson after Martin Mainland had found Marc MacLachlan with a good ball forward and MacLachlan played in Matheson.

Overall, Lovat had the better first half chances but the 45 minutes ended goalless.

Just three minutes after the restart, Lovat were awarded a free hit 25 yards out. Lorne MacKay slipped the ball to Marc MacLachlan who picked out an unmarked Greg Matheson but the ball wouldn’t sit for him and when he did power the ball goalwards, it came off the keeper’s arm and hit the post before being cleared.

Finlay MacRae was beginning to dictate in the midfield area.

Martin Mainland was next into the book after hitting the ball away after fouling Finlay MacRae.

The only goal of the game came on 64 minutes. Finlay MacRae played the ball wide to Jordan Fraser and he cut in from the left, with Danny Kelly unable to challenge, and his low shot beat the keeper at his left post.
Scott Kennedy did well to save with his feet and deny Marc MacLachlan on 74 minutes.

Lovat then sent on Drew Howie on at left wing forward for Duncan Davidson but the gamble failed to pay off.

The game ebbed and flowed over the closing stages but Kinlochshiel, who brought Scott MacLean on for Duncan Matheson with four minutes remaining, saw out the match and they were happy to settle for a single goal win and as they tried to hold ball in the corners.

Before the end, Calum Cruden was deservedly yellow carded for a reckless swing but Ally Nixon was fortunate not to collect a card for his retaliation.

Finlay MacRae deservedly got the sponsor’s nod as man of the match with Mark MacDonald, Conor Cormack and keeper Scott Kennedy also doing well.
Daniel Grieve and Craig Mainland were best for Lovat when under pressure. John Angus Gillies was the match referee.

Kinlochshiel and Kyles Athletic will now meet in the televised Artemis Macaulay Cup Final at Mossfield on Saturday August 18 with the sides also scheduled to meet this coming Saturday in a Marine Harvest Premiership clash at Kirkton.

Marine Harvest Premiership
Skye Camanachd 1
Newtonmore 5
Newtonmore go two points clear at the top of the Marine Harvest Premiership after they turned in a devastating first half performance to beat Skye Camanachd 5-1 at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.

Jordan Murchison remained on the Skye injury list along with Ally MacDonald, Iain Murray and Steven Morrison whilst Iain Nicolson was unavailable. Stewart Grant, Allan MacLeod and Ally ‘Spod’ MacLeod were missing from the squad which drew with Lochaber a week earlier.

’More’s Steven MacDonald started a two-match suspension following his booking against Lochaber a fortnight earlier. He will also miss this Saturday’s Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-final against Kilmallie.

Iain Robinson returned to take up a place on the bench but David MacLean was still out injured.

Newtonmore made an electric start to the game and Glen MacKintosh came deep to fire them into a nine-minute lead.
Norman Campbell sent a big clearance to Evan Menzies on left and he found Glen MacKintosh who sent the ball across goal to Menzies who ran on. Glen MacKintosh got away from his marker and when Ewen Fraser let the ball from Menzies run by him, MacKintosh thumped it past Skye keeper Iain Macleod on his left side.

Skye’s John Gillies, who had moved into attack after starting the game with an ankle injury, saw a shot saved with his feet by Kenny Ross and Gillies shot just over the bar from the resultant corner.

Michael Russell added a second on 15 minutes with the goal of the match which came following a fine passing move involving Andy MacKintosh, Jamie Robinson, Michael Russell, Evan Menzies and Glen MacKintosh whose reverse pass sent Michael Russell sprinting clean through and he lofted the ball over the keeper and into the net.

Newtonmore continued to work the Skye defence with some lovely one-touch shinty coupled with some great movement and Michael Russell got his second and ’More’s third on 33 minutes when he blasted a Glen MacKintosh pass past by an unsighted Iain MacLeod, sending the ball just inside the post.

Goals late in the half from Evan Menzies on 42 minutes and Ewen Fraser on the stroke of half-time gave the visitors a deserved 5-0 lead at the break.
Evan Menzies tucked the ball low, tight into the corner of the net following a free-hit whilst Ewen Fraser turned home a rebound after Iain MacLeod had saved with his feet from a Fraser MacKintosh shot with the latter played in by Glen MacKintosh.

There was just enough time to restart the game before referee Archie Ritchie blew for the break. Some of Newtonmore’s first half play was devastating with their players feeling it was their best 45 minutes of the season so far.

Skye came much more into it in the second half whilst Newtonmore lacked the same punch shown during the first period.

Skye came close on a couple of occasions before John Gillies pulled a goal back from a tight angle on the right with 10 minutes remaining. Will Cowie sent the ball high into the middle and Gillies knocked the ball down before running to the right and driving a great shot across the keeper into the far corner of the net.

Will Cowie was the pick of the Skye players whilst ’More’s Drew MacDonald caused Skye problems down the left flank all afternoon.
This was a 10th successive win for Newtonmore who are finding form at just the right time of the season.

Caberfeidh 3
Kingussie 3
Caberfeidh came from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 with Kingussie at Castle Leod
Caberfeidh defender Scott MacLachlan was out injured but Jamie Matheson and Colin MacLennan returned

Kingussie had Rory MacKeachan back and the started on the bench.
Cabers went in front on 13 minutes when a free-hit at the penalty spot was deflected into Craig Morrison’s path and he sent the ball high into the net.
Rory MacGregor levelled on 33 minutes.

The ball was played down the line to Roddy Young who sent it on to James Hutchison and he squared to Ruaridh Anderson who slipped the ball to MacGregor to score. James Hutchison then played in Roddy Young to put the Kings ahead on 49 minutes before Alexander Michie ran down the wing and played the ball to James Hutchison and his return pass deflected nicely for Michie to crack the ball home from near the penalty spot.

Caberfeidh rallied though and Craig Morrison got his second on 70 minutes.
Then, with just four minutes remaining, Colin MacLennan made it 3-3, netting following a goalmouth scramble, with his effort bouncing into the net.

Kingussie will be concerned that young defender Kieran MacPherson suffered a suspected broken collar-bone which caused him to miss the Scotland U17 Ireland Tour.


Glenurquhart’s Neale Reis goes in for a challenge with Skye’s Iain MacPherson in a game the islanders won 2-1. Photograph: Donald Cameron

Lochaber 2
Glenurquhart 1
A Stuart Callison goal on 90 minutes gave Lochaber what could prove to be a priceless two points as they ran out 2-1 winners in their relegation battle with Glenurquhart at Spean Bridge

Lochaber’s Barry MacDonald was free of suspension for this 3pm throw up which allowed Martin Johnstone to return to full centre but Ryan Johnstone started a one-match ban for passing through the disciplinary points threshold. Donald MacRae returned to take a place in defence and Conor Sweeney was given a start at wing centre.

There was a minute’s silence ahead of throw up as a mark of respect following the passing of Lochaber stalwart Andrew Dignan.
Glenurquhart were without James MacPherson who was also banned although he was unavailable for the visitors in any case. Lachie Smith was also missing.

A rare Eddie Tembo goal on 10 minutes, with the veteran slamming a great shot high into the net, gave Glen the lead.
Stuart Callison levelled with a good finish on 15 minutes.
Lochaber’s Danny Delaney seemed unfortunate to have a goal ruled out for offside on the advice of the goal judge.

Then, with seconds remaining, and to the delight of the home support, Stuart Callison got his second to give Lochaber a priceless win which moves them six points away from the relegation zone with Glenurquhart and Skye Camanachd looking increasingly isolated at the bottom.

Kilmallie’s Steven Stewart in action during the National League game against Inveraray which the Lochaber side won 2-0.
Photograph: Abrightsidephotography

Marine Harvest National Division
Kilmallie 2
Inveraray 0
Kilmallie scored twice in the second half to beat Inveraray 2-0 at the Canal Parks

Kilmallie’s Martin Stewart and Innes Blackhall both missed out after suffering injuries in the previous weekend’s Balliemore Cup win.

Inveraray’s Garry MacPherson served the final match of a four-game ban whilst there was a place for Allan Cameron.

After a scoreless first half, Calum MacDougall gave Kilmallie a 50-minute lead when he lofted the ball into the net from a tight angle.

Michael Rodger volleyed home a second on 68 minutes. Inveraray keeper Scott MacLachlan, who made several good saves, got his feet to the ball but couldn’t keep it out.

Kilmallie have a Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-final tie against Newtonmore this Saturday with Martin Stewart and Innes Blackhall still likely to miss out and full back Iain Robertson on holiday.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 10
Inverness 0
Glasgow Mid Argyll beat Inverness 10-0 in their 3pm throw up at Yoker.
Craig Anderson returned for GMA after missing the previous weekend’s Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup Final defeat to Kilmallie.

Calum Mclay on 20 minutes, Garry Luke a minute later and Jamie McFadyen on 23 minutes later got GMA off to a great start. Mclay again on 26 minutes and Jamie McFadyen on 28 minutes netted before Calum Mclay completed his hat-trick on 34 minutes.

Garry Luke got his second on 37 minutes to make it 7-0 at the break.
Craig Anderson added two more on 46 and 57 minutes before Jamie McFadyen completed his hat-trick to round off the 10-0 win with a goal on 78 minutes.

Fort William 4
Strathglass 1
Fort William stay second in the division after they defeated Strathglass 4-1 in their noon throw up at An Aird.

Fort William’s Graham Campbell was free of suspension.
Lewis Morrison gave the Fort a 24-minute advantage and Victor Smith made it 2-0 a minute before half-time.

Scott Douglas pulled a goal back on 51 minutes only for Lewis Morrison to get his second on 66 minutes.
Jack Fraser made it 4-1 with 15 minutes remaining.

Marine Harvest
North Division 1
Newtonmore 3
Glengarry 0
The Newtonmore second team are only a point away from retaining the Marine Harvest North Division 1 title after they beat Glengarry 3-0 in their top of the table clash at the Eilan.

After a goalless first half, Craig MacLeod gave Newtonmore the lead on 52 minutes.

Calum Stewart added a second on the hour mark with Craig MacLeod getting his second a couple of minutes from time.

Newtonmore now lead Glengarry by six points with Glengarry just having three more matches to play. ’More can clinch the title at home to Skye this Saturday.

Glenurquhart 1
Skye Camanachd 2
The Skye Camanachd seconds beat the Glenurquhart seconds 2-1 at Blairbeg
Kenny MacLeod gave Skye a 10-minute lead but Neale Reid equalised on 33 minutes.

Skye’s Angie MacDonald put the islanders back in front on 51minutes to give Skye nine points from nine games.
Fifth placed Skye, with five matches remaining, have played fewest matches in the division.

Fort William 1
Aberdeen University 1
The Fort William reserves and Aberdeen University shared the points following a 1-1 draw in their noon throw up at An Aird
Lewis Morrison gave Fort William the lead on 19 minutes.
However, Ruaraidh MacDonald equalised for the students just a minute into the second half.

Lochside’s Craig Easton and Callum Kirsop close in on Tayforth’s Brendan Duggan during last weekend’s South Division One game at Mossfield which the red and blacks won 5-2. Photograph: Stephen Lawson

Marine Harvest
South Division 1
Lochside Rovers 5
Tayforth 2
The match between Lochside Rovers and Tayforth was a noon throw-up at Mossfield so the players could watch the Artemis Macaulay Cup semi-final between Oban Camanachd and Kyles Athletic later in the afternoon.
Lochside put in a strong first half performance to win the game 5-2.

Lewis Buchanan gave Lochside a 17-minute lead only for Ewan Menzies to level on 22 minutes.

Lochside were playing some nice one-touch shinty which was a joy to watch and Connor Howe, on his return from Oban Celtic, put them back in front after 24 minutes.

The good Lochside play continued and Lennon Campbell on 37 minutes and a second from Lewis Buchanan on 39 minutes made it 4-1 at the break.

Lochside looked to be cruising but the second half was scrappy and they never hit the same heights.

Brendan Duggan made it 4-2 on 46 minutes as Tayforth were the better side in the second period.

Lennon Campbell got a second to make it 5-2 on 79 minutes and Lochside never looked like losing the game.

Inveraray 0
Col Glen 2
A goal late in each half gave Col Glen a 2-0 win over the Inveraray colts at the Winterton.

Keeper Gregor Mather, David Macpherson and Andrew Fraser were all unavailable for Inveraray. Kieran Kirkhope went in the goals.

A fine Scott MacVicar finish just five minutes before the break put Col Glen ahead.

And the visitors added a second five minutes from time with another good goal; this time from Conor Kennedy.

Inveraray were left to rue a penalty miss in the game.

Inveraray full back Graham MacPherson and Col Glen’s John MacPhail were both sent off late in the game by referee Robert Baxter. MacPhail for a challenge and MacPherson for retaliation.

It was a good win for Col Glen and both their goals were well taken.

Ballachulish 2
Kilmory 2
Kilmory twice came from behind to draw 2-2 with Ballachulish at the Jubilee Park.

Cain MacPhee was free to play for Ballachulish but he will miss his side’s next two matches after passing through the disciplinary points threshold.

Kilmory pair Sandy Leiper and David MacBrayne missed out through suspension. Leiper served a one-match ban but MacBrayne is sidelined for three matches.

Dan MacLean gave Balla’ a 25-minute lead but Alex Cunningham levelled on the stroke of half-time.

Ballachulish regained the lead through Scott Henderson on 65 minutes but, when referee Graham Fisher awarded Kilmory a penalty with just three minutes remaining, Alistair MacArthur stepped up to ensure a share of the points.

Kyles Athletic P
Bute P
The division’s top two teams, the Kyles Athletic colts and Bute, were to meet at Tighnabruaich.

However, the match was postponed as it coincided with the funeral of six-year-old Alesha MacPhail which took place in Coatbridge.
The game will be rescheduled for a later date.

Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Lochaber 2
Kilmallie 7
Kilmallie came out on top, winning 7-2 in the reserve team derby with Lochaber at Spean Bridge.

Dylan Brock and Keith Neville scored for the home side in this noon throw up.

However, hat-tricks from Craig MacIsaac and Andrew Gibb goal and a Stewart Ross effort gave Kilmallie victory.

Boleskine 9
Strathspey Camanachd 1
Boleskine were too strong for Strathspey Camanachd, winning 9-1 at Smith Park.

Doubles from Stuart MacRae, Scott Watson and Neil Hope as well as strikes from William MacKinnon, Ross MacKinnon and Michael Pirrie made up the Boleskine tally with Aaron MacBean replying for Strathspey.
Boleskine’s Hamish Stoddart was sent off by referee Andy MacLean.

Caberfeidh P
Strathglass P
The noon throw up between the Caberfeidh seconds and the Strathglass seconds at Castle Leod will be rescheduled.

Marine Harvest
South Division 2
Strachur 4
Aberdour 2
Strachur go two points clear at the top of the division after they beat bottom side Aberdour seconds 4-2 at Strachurmore

Strachur’s Iain Wilson was free of his ban.

Aberdour travelled with just 12 players including possibly a first for shinty with husband and wife pairing Roddy MacColl and Lisa MacColl taking their places in the side.

There was also a place for 12-year-old Owen Burns, who scored his first goal for the club. Veteran Roddy MacColl got the other.

However, Ross MacDonald, an Iain MacLennan brace and Sam Bulloch gave Strachur victory.

Glasgow Mid Argyll P
Bute P
The game between the Glasgow Mid Argyll colts and the Bute colts at Yoker will be rescheduled.

Uist Win Heb Celt
Lewis Camanachd 3
Uist Camanachd 5
Uist Camanachd won the Heb Celt Cup with a 5-3 win over rivals Lewis Camanachd in their 2pm throw up at Bayhead.

Scott MacLeod put Lewis ahead before Brendan McLoone levelled.
Calum Gibb gave Uist the lead from the penalty spot but Ruairidh MacMillan made it 2-2.

John Gillies and Calum Ferguson had Lewis 4-2 ahead and although Donald Lamont pulled a goal back through Donald Lamont, Joseph MacInnes scored at the death to make it 5-2.

There was a stoppage when Lewis Camanachd’s Innes Lamont was treated for a facial injury and it was later confirmed he had suffered a broken nose.
Uist’s Michael MacLeod was named man-of-the-match by veteran referee Henry MacInnes.

WCA Round Up
There was a full Women’s Camanachd Association programme over the weekend.

Marine Harvest National Division 1
Skye Camanachd 18
Ardnamurchan 0
The Skye Camanachd Ladies’ first team beat Ardnamurchan 18-0 in their noon throw up at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.
Lorna MacRae (5), Jenna Beaton (4), Caitlin MacLean (3), Sarah Corrigall (3), Ilana Paterson (2) and Izzy Law got the Skye goals against a spirited Ard’ side.

Lochaber 2
Badenoch 6
Badenoch stay very much in the title hunt as they beat Lochaber 6-2 in their 1pm throw up at Spean Bridge.

Kirsty Deans, back in the Badenoch side, scored three times with Zoe Reid twice and Megan Ralph getting the others.

The Lochaber scorers were Kirsty Delaney and Amy Disher.

Fort William 0
Glasgow Mid Argyll 7
Fort William went down 7-0 to Glasgow Mid Argyll in their 1pm throw up at An Aird

Joan Nicolson (3), Shona Fisher (2), Amy Harris and Evie Coultas got the goals.

Aberdour v
Strathspey W/O
Aberdour were unable to raise a team for their match with Strathspey at Silversands so Strathspey were awarded the points.

Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Lovat 11
Inverness 4
Lovat beat Inverness 11-4 in their 2pm throw up at Balgate.
Katie McMillian struck twice for Inverness with Emma MacLennan and Melissa MacKay also scoring.

However, five-goals from both Laura Gallacher and Fiona Urquhart and a Holli Sneddon effort meant Lovat took the spoils.

Lochaber 2
Strathglass 3
Strathglass edged out the Lochaber second team 3-2 in their 3pm throw up at Spean Bridge.

Sarah Davie and Shanna Michie netted for the hosts but Cassie Dorrian, Laura Fraser and Kayleigh MacGregor meant Strathglass returned home with the points.

Glengarry 4
Kinlochshiel 0
Elaine Cameron scored twice as Glengarry defeated Kinlochshiel 4-0 in their 1pm throw up at Craigard
Emily Gordon and Isla Mackay got the others.

Glenurquhart 10
Skye Camanachd 4
Glenurquhart beat the Skye Camanachd second team 10-4 in their noon throw up at Blairbeg

Hazel Hunter and Donna MacKenzie grabbed hat-tricks for the Glen. Abi Stoddart scored twice and Chloe MacLeod and Julie MacLeod made up their tally.

Abby MacLean scored all four Skye goals.

Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Ardnamurchan W/O
v Glasgow Mid Argyll
The Ardnamurchan seconds were awarded the points when the Glasgow and Mid Argyll seconds were unable to raise a team for their journey north.

Tayforth 0
Cowal & Bute 0
The game between Tayforth and Cowal & Bute will be rescheduled.

Dunadd P
Oban P
The meeting between Dunadd and Oban has been rescheduled for Sunday August 26.

2018 WCA Shinty Development Camp
The Women’s Camanachd Association held another successful Shinty Development Camp as 47 young players from throughout Scotland gathered at Strathallan, Perthshire for a weekend’s coaching.

Volunteer coaches Stuart Reid, Niamh Donnelly, Lee Thomson, Kirsty Deans and Donna MacKenzie were joined by Camanachd Association coaches Euan McMurdo, Ronald Ross, Paul MacArthur and Katie Drain to put the girls through their paces.

The weekend began with some team building activities followed on the second day by drills focused around hitting, blocking and control as well as a World Cup-themed sixes competition.

The coaches facilitated a talk around tactics whilst the final day included some more drills specific to ‘game-like’ situations, striking the ball and moving into space.

Camanachd Association President Lisa MacColl joined to hand out the player camp awards as follows:

Senior player of the camp – Hannah Johnson (Inverness)
Junior player of the camp – Kirsty Campbell (Ardnamurchan)
Senior most endeavour – Eilidh MacInnes (Kinlochshiel)
Junior most endeavour – Laura Brandie (Inverness)
Most improved player – Leah MacLeod (Skye Camanachd)

Skills winners:
Rowan Cooper (Aberdour)
Maree MacKenzie (Kinlochshiel)
Katie MacRae (Kinlochshiel)
Caitlin Mutch (Inverness)
Hannah Johnson (Inverness)
Beth Murphy (Kinlochshiel)
World Cup winners – France



Saturday July 21
Artemis Macaulay
Cup semi final
Oban Caman 1 v 2 Kyles Athletic
Lovat 0 v 1 Kinlochshiel

Marine Harvest Premiership
Lochaber 2 v 1 Glenurquhart
Caberfeidh 3 v 3 Kingussie
Skye 1 v 5 Newtonmore

Marine Harvest
National Division
Fort William 4 v 1 Strathglass
Glasgow MA 10 v 0 Inverness
Kilmallie 2 v 0 Inveraray

Marine Harvest
North Division 1
Fort William 1 v 1 Aberdeen Uni
Newtonmore 3 v 0 Glengarry
Glenurquhart v Skye

Marine Harvest
South Division 1
Ballachulish 2 v 2 Kilmory
Lochside Rovers 5 v 2 Tayforth
Kyles Athletic P v P Bute
Due to bereavement
Inveraray v Col Glen

Marine Harvest
North Divison 2
Boleskine 9 v 1 Strathspey
Caberfeidh P v P Strathglass
To be rescheduled
Lochaber 2 v 7 Kilmallie

Marine Harvest
South Division 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll P v P Bute
To be rescheduled
Strachur 4 v 2 Aberdour


Wednesday July 25
Strathdearn Cup
2nd Round
Newtonmore v Strathspey – 7pm

Saturday July 28
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi final
Newtonmore v Kilmallie – 4pm

Glenurquhart v Lovat
Kingussie v Oban Camanachd
Lochaber v Caberfeidh- 3pm
Kinlochshiel v Kyles Athletic – 3pm

National Division
Inveraray v Inverness
Oban Celtic v Strathglass
Beauly v Glasgow MA – 3pm

North Division One
Kinlochshiel v Glengarry – Noon
Newtonmore v Skye
Aberdeen Uni v Glenurquhart

South Division One
Aberdour v Inveraray
Bute v Kilmory
Lochside Rovers v Ballachulish
Kyles Athletic v Tayforth

North Division Two
Beauly v Boleskine – Noon
Lochaber v Lovat – Noon
Strathspey v Lewis – 1.30pm
Lochcarron v Strathglass
Caberfeidh v Inverness

South Division Two
Aberdour v Oban Celtic
Bute v Strachur – Noon
Glasgow Mid Argyll v Glenorchy

(All throw-ups 2pm unless stated)