Shinty round-up

Kingussie’s Calum Grant keeps close to Kevin Bartlett (Cabers). Kingussie v Caberfeidh in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup 2nd Rd replay, played at The Dell, Kingussie.

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

Oban Camanachd take on Kyles Athletic in the Scottish Sea Farms Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final at Taynuilt on Saturday. The game will be shown live on BBC Alba with a 4pm throw-up.

Kingussie booked the remaining place in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter-finals, Newtonmore made ground at the top of the Marine Harvest Premiership and Kilmallie and Glasgow Mid Argyll will meet in the Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup Final following the shinty action last weekend

Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup second round replay

Kingussie 3
Caberfeidh 2

Kingussie won through to the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter-finals after they twice came from behind to beat Caberfeidh 3-2 in their second round replay at The Dell.

A late Fraser Munro leveller cancelled out Graham MacGregor’s strike when the sides met at Castle Leod a fortnight earlier.

Kingussie’s Robert Mabon returned following a hand injury and started on the bench with James Hutchison and James Falconer. Roddy Young was also back and lined up in attack. Rory MacKeachan was missing.

Caberfeidh manager Jodi Gorski was forced to make a late change when defender Martin MacDonald called off, so Scott MacPhail started. Ben MacDonald was out injured. Veteran Graham MacGregor was on the bench alongside Kenneth MacKenzie.

Colin MacLennan gave Caberfeidh the lead on 11 minutes but Rory MacGregor levelled 60 seconds later. Liam Symonds put Caberfeidh back in front on 18 minutes and that’s the way it stayed until 20 minutes from time when Louis Munro made it 2-2.

When referee Calum Girvan awarded a penalty three minutes later, youngster Alexander Michie stepped up to score and win his side a quarter-final tie at Fort William.

Kingussie’s Savio Genini and Ali MacLennan, Caberfeidh in action.
Marine Harvest Premiership

Skye Camanachd 0
Kinlochshiel 0

League leaders Kinlochshiel and bottom side Skye Camanachd shared the points in a 0-0 draw at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.

Skye captain Jordan Murchison won the toss of the coin and opted to play with wind advantage in the first half.

Skye started well with Murchison sending an early shot over the junction between post and bar.

Jordan Fraser sent a bouncing 25-yard shot towards the Skye goal but it was saved by Iain MacLeod and turned away for a corner.

Martin Pringle then got away from his marker but his effort was saved low by his left post by Scott Kennedy.

Kennedy then saved from Pringle and Murchison following the resultant corner.

Jordan Murchison then took an Ally ‘Cleodi’ MacLeod pass and made space to send a shot an inch the wrong side of the post.

Kinlochshiel manager Johnston Gill made changes on 30 minutes, taking off wing centre Duncan ‘DA’ MacRae and bringing on Conor Cormack in defence, with Donald Nixon pushed forward into his more accustomed wing centre role.

Kinlochshiel’s Keith MacRae hit the side netting in the second half but Skye had the better chances with Ruaraidh MacLeod hitting the post and Jordan Murchison denied as Scott Kennedy came off his line, spreading himself to deny the Skye forward who was through on goal.

The closest to a goal was a powerful Jordan Murchison strike which brought a magnificent flying Kennedy save as the keeper threw himself to his right to turn away the ball which was behind him at the time.

Kinlochshiel’s influential forward Keith MacRae went down late in the game after appearing to twist his knee and manager Johnston Gill faces an anxious few days as the injury is assessed.

The Skye defence included U17 players Jamie Gillies, Connor Gilpin and James Morrison along with 18-year-old John Gillies who turned in a man of the match performance. Stewart Grant had a great game at full centre, ably assisted by the tireless James Pringle at wing centre, whilst Martin Pringle and Jordan Murchison had fine matches in attack.

Kinlochshiel missed John MacRae’s physical presence in attack and there may have been a MacTavish Cup hangover from the previous week. The performances of keeper Scott Kennedy and youngsters Duncan ‘WD’ MacRae and Duncan Matheson were probably the most pleasing things for the visiting support.

Kyles Athletic 1
Lovat 1

Kyles Athletic and Lovat shared the points following a 1-1 draw in a match switched to Strachurmore.

Kyles played with the wind advantage in the first half and dominated most of the opening 45 minutes but they found Lovat keeper Stuart MacDonald a formidable barrier.

Robbie MacLeod gave Kyles the lead on 16 minutes, whilst Lovat had Stuart MacDonald to thank for a fantastic first half stop from Gordon Whyte.
At the other end, John Whyte made a cracking save from Graeme MacMillan.

With no further scoring, Kyles took the 1-0 advantage into the break. Lovat came storming back, scoring straight from the re-start. Greg Matheson got away from Andrew King and ran through unchallenged before unleashing a back-hand strike from 15 yards out on the left which went into the far-off bottom corner of the net. Lovat were right back in the game and were in control for the next 10 minutes or so without being able to get themselves in front. Kyles weathered the storm though and spurned several chances before Robert Baxter awarded them a penalty with 10 minutes remaining.

Robbie MacLeod’s first attempt went sailing over the bar but referee Robert Baxter ordered a retake for encroachment, much to Lovat’s fury. MacLeod hit his second attempt straight at keeper Stuart MacDonald who made the save and cleared.

Kyles lost Roddy MacDonald, who left the field in discomfort, holding his shoulder, after being caught between two Lovat defenders as he broke down the wing. This will be a concern for manager James Perlich ahead of this week’s Scottish Sea Farms Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final against Oban Camanachd at Mossfield.

Lochaber 1
Newtonmore 8

Newtonmore made ground at the top of the Marine Harvest Premiership when they beat Lochaber 8-1 at Spean Bridge.

Lochaber scored first through Danny Delaney on six minutes.
However, Steven MacDonald turned the scoreline Newtonmore’s way with strikes on 7 and 13 minutes.

Evan Menzies got his first on 32 minutes and his second on 45 minutes to make it 4-1 at the interval.

Michael Russell added a fifth with the goal of the match on 53 minutes. The ball was played to Evan Menzies on the wing and he found Russell on the overlap. Russell took the ball first-time, unleashing a cracking shot into the top corner of the net.

Evan Menzies completed his hat-trick, scoring from a rebound off the keeper on 63 minutes.

Drew MacDonald on 74 minutes and Neil Stewart, slamming home a rebound on 81 minutes, rounded off the convincing 8-1 win.
Newtonmore are now only two points behind league leaders Kinlochshiel with a game in hand.

Oban Camanachd 3
Glenurquhart 3

Glenurquhart came from 3-1 down to earn what could yet be a valuable point, drawing 3-3 with Oban Camanachd at Mossfield.

Glenurquhart were on top for the first 15 minutes with the energetic Fraser Heath at full forward proving a handful for Garry Lord.

Oban Camanachd suffered a blow on 10 minutes when Malcolm Clark was hit in the eye with the ball. It was later confirmed he had suffered a fractured eye socket. Lorne Dickie came on in his place.

Oban Camanachd equalised with a good goal on 20 minutes. David Lafferty played the ball to Daniel MacCuish who sent a terrific cross-field pass to the back post where Aidan MacIntyre controlled the ball and turned his man before taking a half-swing to send the ball into the top corner of the net.

Aidan MacIntyre then hit the frame of the goal moments later with an almost identical effort.

Oban Camanachd had the chance to go in front on 35 minutes when referee Deek Cameron awarded them a penalty after Ally MacKintosh had tripped Andrew MacCuish inside the ‘D’. The normally reliable MacCuish took the spot hit but Glenurquhart keeper Stuart MacKintosh saved with his feet before clearing the danger.

Daniel MacVicar was sent through on goal shortly after, but his strike on his left side went a fraction past the post.

MacCuish made amends for his penalty miss on 38 minutes when he again surged into the ‘D’ and stroked the ball home to make it 2-1 at the interval.
Oban Camanachd were now on top and David Lafferty lofted in a shy which Daniel MacVicar played on to Scott MacMillan who was 20 yards from goal. MacMillan took a touch before drilling the ball into the bottom corner of the net. The hosts now led 3-1 and looked to be cruising.

Glenurquhart, and Fraser Heath in particular, had other ideas though. Heath made it 3-2 on 76 minutes when he took on Garry Lord and then slotted the ball past keeper Sutherland.

Oban Camanachd’s Lorne Dickie suffered a broken nose on 85 minutes when he was caught by Calum Smith’s elbow during a challenge for a ball in the air.

Oliver Black and Daniel Sloss challenged for a ball a couple of minutes later. Sloss cleared the ball but Black’s late challenge caught the Oban player on the ankle. A hospital visit followed but there was no fracture.

Oban Camanachd were struggling to hold onto the ball up front and they switched Daniel Cameron to full back to try and nullify Fraser Heath’s threat. However, with just a couple of minutes remaining, Cameron and Heath battled for a 50-50 ball and, with both players falling, Heath stretched and touched the ball across goal and it sneaked in by the post.
Glenurquhart went for a winner during the remaining minutes but both sides had to settle for a share of the points.

The final result felt like a loss for the Oban camp, whilst Glenurquhart will rue some slack defending.

More concerning for Oban Camanachd manager Ian Hay are injuries to Clark, Dickie and Sloss ahead of this weekend’s Scottish Sea Farms Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final against Kyles Athletic at Mossfield.

Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup semi-finals

Fort William 1
Glasgow Mid Argyll 1
(GMA won 3-2 on penalties)

Holders Fort William are out of the Balliemore Cup, losing 3-2 on penalties to Glasgow Mid Argyll at Taynuilt Sports Field.

GMA took the lead on 12 minutes. Jamie MacFadyen gathered possession at the edge of the ‘D’ and took the ball into the box and, with keeper Paul MacKay coming off his line, MacFadyen played the ball past him to make it 1-0.

Fort William levelled following a corner three minutes before the break.
The ball ended up at the back post where Victor Smith found space and fired into the top corner of the net to make it 1-1.

Fort William had the chance to go in front from the penalty spot with around 20 minutes remaining but Robert Dunnings saved Victor Smith’s spot-hit. With no further scoring, referee Des McNulty took the tie into extra-time.

Fort William were reduced to 11 players when Graham Campbell was shown a straight red card during the second half of extra-time for something said to referee Des McNulty.

It remained 1-1 after two hours of shinty so a penalty shoot-out ensued.
Craig Anderson for GMA and Fort William’s Arran MacPhee scored the first two penalties. However only Neil Fraser for the Glasgow side and Fort’s Victor Smith netted from the next eight penalties.

Fort William had the chance to go through on their fifth penalty but Lachie Shaw’s attempt was saved by Robert Dunnings.

It was now down to sudden death and whilst Craig Anderson scored again, Arran MacPhee was unable to convert so GMA went through to the final.

Beauly 0
Kilmallie 9

Kilmallie will meet Glasgow Mid Argyll in the 2018 Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup Final at An Aird after they swept aside Beauly 9-0 in their 1pm throw up at Craigard.

Kilmallie turned in a devastating first half performance to lead 8-0 at the break.

Liam MacDonald proved to be a real handful for the Beauly defence scoring a hat-trick with goals on four, 12 and 17 minutes.

Michael Rodger opened his account on 19 minutes and Liam MacDonald got his fourth a couple of minutes later and his fifth 60 seconds later.

Michael Rodger got his second on 27 minutes to make it 7-0 and another from Liam MacDonald on 36 minutes made it 8-0 at the break.
Beauly made changes at half-time with Ross Forbes and Robbie Brindle going into defence and that helped their cause.

There was only one more goal in the second half and it was a seventh goal of the afternoon from Liam MacDonald which wrapped up the 8-0 win.
The Kilmallie forward play was terrific, especially during the first half with Calum MacDougall and Innes Blackhall catching the eye along with scorers MacDonald and Rodger.

Beauly’s marking was poor at times and they were punished by a hungry Kilmallie side.

Marine Harvest National Division

Inverness 2
Oban Celtic 6

Oban Celtic halted a run of five defeats when they beat Inverness 6-2 at The Bught Park outside pitch.

The away side travelled with headaches in defence and on the wing as Fulton Ronald and Lewis Mcphee were suspended, whilst John Hill was injured. Wingers Iain MacKechnie and George MacMillan had work commitments and Craig MacMillan was banned.

There was disappointment for the Oban camp that the main Bught Park was unavailable as it will host a youth shinty tournament during the week.

Oban Celtic made the stronger start and took the lead on 12 minutes when Ally McKerracher got onto a good ball from Neil Carmichael and evaded a tackle before blasting home an unstoppable shot from 15 yards.

The visitors went 2-0 ahead straight from the throw-up when Connor Howe got the ball in space and dispatched a low 20-yard shot on his left side which went inside keeper Allan MacLeod’s left post.

The Oban side had the chance to stretch their lead further on 16 minutes Calum MacLean ran down the left wing before cutting into the box. He was taken down and referee John Angus Gilles pointed to the spot. Ross MacMillan didn’t catch the spot-hit as he would have liked though and Allan MacLeod made the save.

Iain MacFarlane returned to the Oban Celtic goal and was a spectator during the first half, bar saving well from a sweet James Cameron 20-yarder with Andy MacDonald, Ross MacMillan, Michael MacKinnon and David Hill keeping the home forwards quiet.

Oban Celtic manager Kenny Wotherspoon asked his players for more of the same in the second half and the pattern of play continued towards the Inverness goal after the restart.

Daniel MacMillan added a third on 50 minutes when he peeled away from his marker after good play from Connor Howe and Ally McKerracher. MacMillan blasted the ball home from 15 yards and the goal allowed Celtic to make changes with David Martin, Calum MacLeod and Kenny Wotherspoon coming on for Daniel MacMillan, Daniel Madej and Calum MacLean.

Daniel MacMillan got his second on 54 minutes when he collected a good ball from Connor Howe and shot into the roof of the net from the Oban left.
Kenny Wotherspoon put gloss on his weekend when he made it 5-0 on the hour mark. Wotherspoon stopped a ball from Andy Hunt and took a touch to the side of Ewan Neilson before striking a shot, low and hard, which beat Allan MacLeod to his right.

There were a few heated exchanges between the players and Inverness midfielder Craig Nicolson was first to find his name in the referee’s book for a deliberate trip.

Calum MacLean, back on the field, was then yellow-carded for retaliation.
Inverness pulled a goal back on 65 minutes with James Cameron drilling home a shot from the left. Oban Celtic’s Andy MacDonald was cautioned for persistent fouling before Drew McNeil received a yellow for a reckless swing. Inverness substitute Jason McLeod made it 5-2 on 68 minutes, capitalising on a mistake in the Oban Celtic defence as he pushed the ball past the keeper from 10 yards.

Daniel Madej came back on to complete the scoring, getting past his marker and running in before slotting the ball into the net with five minutes remaining.

Adam MacMaster played well in the Inverness defence with Ross MacMillan solid at the back for Oban Celtic with his brother Daniel MacMillan sharp up front.

After the match, Oban Celtic manager Kenny Wotherspoon reflected on a good afternoon’s work.

‘I’m delighted with the win,’ he said ‘especially after our recent run of results. I was pleased with the effort shown from all the boys but I give special mention to Connor Howe, Ally McKerracher, Andy MacDonald and Ross MacMillan who returned to a defensive role.

‘The win leaves us in third place in the league with five matches to go – and three of these are at home so you never know.

‘We’ve no game this Saturday as it is John Hill’s stag do. I wish Ian Hay and the Oban Camanachd boys all the best in this weekend’s Celtic Society final.’

Oban Celtic’s player manager Kenny Wotherspoon takes on Inverness defender Ewan Neilson. Photograph: Donald Cameron.

Strathglass 2
Inveraray 2

A Scott Douglas goal a minute from time saw Strathglass draw 2-2 with Inveraray at Cannich.

Fraser Watt got the opener four minutes into the second half and Lewis MacNicol made it 2-0 on 56 minutes.

Colin Birnie on 69 minutes and Scott Douglas’s late, late leveller ensured Strathglass followed up the previous week’s win over Glasgow Mid Argyll with another good point.

Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup – quarter-final replay

Fort William 5
Strachur 3

The Fort William second team are through to the Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup semi-finals after beating Strachur 5-3 in their last-eight replay at An Aird.

The original match between the sides was abandoned in poor weather, with Fort William leading 3-1.

And the Fort took an early grip of this tie with Lewis Morrison netting on 12 and 19 minutes, either side of a 16th minute Greig Kelly strike, to lead 3-0.
Iain MacLennan got Strachur back into it on 21 minutes and when Iain Wilson made it 3-2 on 25 minutes, Fort William had a game on their hands.

Sam Bulloch completed the comeback when he made it 3-3 on the half-hour mark.

However, perhaps crucially, Lewis Morrison completed his hat-trick on the stroke of half-time to leave Fort William 4-3 ahead at the break.
Grant Disher gave Fort William some breathing space with a goal on 55 minutes and it remained 5-3 until the end.

Fort William will now play the Newtonmore seconds, who they have already faced twice this season, winning one and losing one, in next month’s semi-finals.

Strathdearn Cup quarter final

Caberfeidh 1
Kingussie 4

With their senior sides meeting at The Dell in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup, the Caberfeidh and Kingussie reserve sides clashed at Castle Leod with a Strathdearn Cup semi-final spot the prize for the victors.
The Caberfeidh and Kingussie second strings had already met in this year’s Aberdein Sutherland Cup and, despite Caberfeidh playing in a lower league; Kingussie had to work hard for their 5-2 win in that one.

Kingussie took the lead on 10 minutes when Dylan Borthwick finished off a good passing move.

Caberfeidh were without top scorer Stewart Krzyzanowski but they competed well and levelled on 16 minutes when Ruaridh MacLennan turned home a rebound.

However, Kingussie scored twice more before the break with a second from Dylan Borthwick on 27 minutes and a Ryan Borthwick goal on 39 minutes making it 3-1.

It took some good goalkeeping from Ian MacCall to keep Kingussie at bay in the second half, although the visitors added to their count with Ryan Borthwick getting a second on 62 minutes following a quick free-hit.

Bullough Cup quarter final

SCOTS Camanachd v
Kyles Athletic W/O

The Kyles Athletic second team won through to the Bullough Cup semi-finals when Forces side SCOTS Camanachd were unable to raise a team for their noon throw-up.

Kyles will now play Strachur in the last four of the competition with Lochside Rovers facing Glenorchy in the other semi-final.

Marine Harvest North Division 1

Kinlochshiel 0
Newtonmore 4

The Newtonmore second team stay out in front in Marine Harvest North Division 1 after beating the Kinlochshiel second team 4-0 at Kirkton. Craig MacLeod put Newtonmore ahead on 10 minutes with the only goal of the first half.

Calum Stewart made it 2-0 on 55 minutes and Cameron McNiven added a third five minutes later.

Calum Stewart got his second 10 minutes from time to make it 4-0.

Glengarry 3
Glenurquhart 1

Glengarry remain in the title race after they beat the Glenurquhart second team 3-1 in their 3.45pm throw-up at Craigard.

The first half finished goal-less but David Rodger gave Glengarry the lead a minute after the re-start.

Referee Iain Kennedy awarded the hosts a penalty on 65 minutes and Raymond Robertson converted from the spot.

Ruthven Goudie Hamilton made it 3-0 with five minutes remaining and although Ryan Porter pulled a goal back a minute later, Glengarry stayed in front for the 3-1 win.

Glengarry trail leaders Newtonmore seconds by four points but have two games in hand.

Marine Harvest South Division 1

Bute 1
Lochside Rovers 1

Lochside Rovers travelled to The Meadows with just 12 players but picked up a good point in a creditable 1-1 draw against Bute.

The Lochside 12 included Gavin Stobbart in goal, Scott McKillop in defence, with manager Gareth Evans also taking the field.

Lochside started well but Bute made changes midway through the second half, adding more experience to their attack.

Bute keeper Kevin Queen made a good first half stop, using his caman to save above his head as Michael MacQueen fired in a shot from the left.

There was a moment of controversy when Bute’s Ian McDonald was tripped on the edge of the ‘D’. The goal judge flagged for a penalty but referee Lachie Wood ruled the offence had not taken place inside the box and awarded a free-hit.

Bute had more of the game in the second half and Ian McDonald made the breakthrough on 72 minutes with a super solo goal. Gathering the ball midway through the Lochside half, McDonald beat two players before slotting the ball past the advancing keeper.

Lochside conjured up an equaliser on 82 minutes when Lewis Buchanan slipped a free-hit to Lennon Campbell who was running away from goal. But the youngster turned and rifled a great shot into the top corner of the net from 25 yards. It was a special goal and it had to be to beat Kevin Queen in the Bute goal.

There was a minor tussle late in the game between Bute’s Craig MacKay and Lochside’s Callum Kirsop and both players were sent off by referee Lachie Wood.

Bute are now three points behind league leaders Kyles Athletic with Lochside Rovers moving up to fifth spot.

Aberdour 6
Tayforth 2

Aberdour came from two goals down to beat Tayforth 6-2 at Silversands
The hosts started well, so much so that Tayforth’s opening goal from Ewan Menzies on 15 minutes came against the run off play.

The goal was an obvious blow to the hosts and Tayforth pushed on with Rory Stewart making it 2-0 on 34 minutes.

The second goal gave Aberdour the jolt they needed and Angus Thorburn pulled a goal back a couple of minutes before the break.
The hosts played down the hill in the second half and the wind was in their favour.

David MacKenzie scored from 25 yards out to make it 2-2 on 54 minutes and Angus Thorburn got his second a couple of minutes later to put Aberdour, who were without John Martin Philips, ahead for the first time in the match.

David MacKenzie got his second on 58 minutes and a Ruairidh Reid double on 62 and 70 minutes made the final score 6-2.

Inveraray 2
Kyles Athletic 2

With the Kyles Athletic second team receiving a walk-over in their Bullough Cup semi-final tie against SCOTS Camanachd, the Tighnabruaich side were able to rearrange a league derby meeting with Inveraray reserves at The Winterton.

This 2pm throw-up brought together the league leaders and the division’s bottom side.

Both teams fielded strong sides with veterans Euan McMurdo and David Robertson up front for Inveraray and Innes MacDonald at centre for Kyles.
Inveraray lost Kieran Kirkhope in the first five minutes so 16-year-old Andrew Fraser stepped into the half back position.

The hosts also lost centre man David MacPherson who suffered a nasty gash after being struck on the top of the head by one of his teammates but he returned after treatment.

There were a few injury stoppages for both teams throughout the 90 minutes but it was never a dirty game.

There were chances at both ends during the first half with both keeper making good saves so the sides turned-around 0-0.

Whatever Inveraray player/manager Graham MacPherson said to his troops at half-time seemed to work as his side took the lead straight from the throw-up. John MacKenzie, who was playing in an advanced roll, took his goal really well, beating two men before smashing the ball home.

Euan McMurdo added a second on 59 minutes, drilling a low drive into the bottom corner of the net to give Inveraray a well-deserved 2-0 lead.

But you can never count Kyles out and they came storming back into the game. Their pressure finally paid off when Luke Thornton poked home a rebound after Inveraray keeper Gregor Mather had saved Innes MacDonald’s long-range shot.

Brandon Wilson got the equaliser on 65 minutes when he slotted the ball home after a mistake in the Inveraray defence.

Inveraray thought they had won the game when Euan McMurdo volleyed the ball home but referee Graham Fisher judged McMurdo to be in the box before the ball and ruled it offside.

The Inveraray players screamed in protest but their pleas were waved away

Marine Harvest North Division 2

Inverness 1
Lovat 13

The Lovat reserves were too strong for the Inverness reserves, winning 13-1 in their noon throw-up at The Bught Park.

This was the third meeting between the sides this season and Inverness must have been apprehensive as Lovat had racked up 11 goals in their Aberdein Sutherland Cup encounter and 12 goals in the league match. This contest followed a similar pattern as Lovat raced into a 3-0 lead within the opening seven minutes.

Raymond Rennie scored identical goals on three and four minutes with piledrivers from 25 yards. Mitchell Leslie scored his first goal at this level on seven minutes.

Cameron MacMillan hit a powerful shot from 25 yards on 40 minutes to make it 4-0.

The goal of the first half came a minute later when young Caitlin Mutch found herself free on the Inverness left and hit an unstoppable shot past keeper Ronan MacMillan to make it 4-1 at the break.

Lovat got back in the grove though and Raymond Rennie completed his hat-trick on 53 minutes before adding his fourth 10 minutes later.

Ryan Ferguson got in on the act on 66 minutes when his looping 25 yard shot dropped behind Inverness keeper Colin Fraser to make it 7-1.
Raymond Rennie scored his fifth on 69 minutes. There was a touch of fortune to Lovat’s next goal as Ryan Ferguson’s mis-hit shot bobbled past the keeper with 20 minutes remaining.

Lovat’s scoring spree continued and Raymond Rennie took his tally to seven when he netted on 72 and 80 minutes.

Lovat substitute Sam Whitelegge came off the bench to score a debut goal on 86 minutes and Mitchell Leslie got his second on the stroke of full-time to make it 13-1.

Lovat were solid all over the park and full back James Grieve and fellow defender Tom Collings were commanding at the back. Ryan Ferguson took charge of the midfield, whilst Raymond Rennie proved to be a thorn in the flesh for Inverness, not only through his goals but the way he played the ball off to his fellow forwards.

Inverness player/manager Drew McNeil played well at buckshee back.

Kilmallie 4
Boleskine 2

The Kilmallie seconds came from two goals down to beat Boleskine 4-2 at The Canal Parks.

Ross Anderson on eight minutes and Neil Hope on 11 minutes gave Boleskine an early advantage.

Craig MacIsaac pulled a goal back on 14 minutes before Andrew Gibb’s strike on 30 minutes made it 2-2 at the break.

The decisive goals came late in the game. Cam Ross put Kilmallie in front for the first time on 72 minutes and Craig MacIsaac got his second a couple of minutes from time.

Lewis Camanachd 1
Lochaber 3

The Lochaber second team scored twice in the second half to beat Lewis Camanachd 3-1 at Shawbost.

Max Campbell gave Lochaber the lead on 25 minutes lead but David Cleary, in his final game for Lewis, scored on 34 minutes to make it 1-1 at the break.

Lachlan Campbell put Lochaber back in front three minutes into the second half and Robbie Rydings made it 3-1 on 57 minutes to leave Lewis ruing missed chances in the game.

Strathglass 3
Strathspey Camanachd 4

A Keith Callum goal a couple of minutes from time gave Strathspey Camanachd a 4-3 win over the Strathglass second team in their noon throw-up at Cannich.

Strathspey twice came from behind to win the game.
Strathglass made the better start with Ali Rothe netting twice on 5 and 10 minutes.

When referee Martin MacLean awarded Strathspey a penalty on 13 minutes, Donald Colville stepped up to score from the spot.

Matthew Davies drew Strathspey level with a goal on 17 minutes, only for Eddie Noble to put Strathglass back in front with a strike three minutes before the break.

Strathspey, who were missing a number of players, came out battling in the second half and the excellent Struan Ross made it 3-3 on 66 minutes.

The winning goal came with just a couple of minutes remaining when Strathspey captain and full centre Keith Callum scored to clinch the win which lifts his side to eighth in the table.

Lochcarron W/O
v Beauly

The Beauly colts were unable to raise a team for their clash with Lochcarron at Battery Park so Lochcarron were awarded the points.

The two points were enough to take Lochcarron to the top of the table, a point ahead of Lovat who have a game in hand and two points ahead of Caberfeidh who have two games in hand.

Marine Harvest South Division 2

Oban Celtic 3
Aberdour 1

The Oban Celtic second team notched their first league win of the season, beating the Aberdour second team 3-1 at Ganavan.

Aberdour travelled with only 11 players after a late call-off.

Aberdour took a 1-0 lead into the interval after Eosaph Caimbeul scored his first goal at this level.

The visitors suffered a blow early in the second half when young defender Aòdan Burns had to come off through injury, leaving them with just ten players although he did reappear for the closing stages.

Oban Celtic took advantage and Adrian Cakebread scored twice with Scott Burnett getting the other in a 3-1 win.

Glasgow Mid Argyll P
Bute P

The game between the Glasgow Mid Argyll colts and the Bute colts at Yoker will be re-scheduled.