Shinty round-up

William Neilson (Oban) and Conor Cormack (Kinlochshiel). Kinlochshiel v Oban Camanachd in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup 2nd round tie, played at Kirkton, Balmacara.

Want to read more?

We value our content and access to our full site is only available with a  subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device.  In addition, your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.

Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish).

Already a subscriber?


Problems logging in and require
technical support? Click here
Subscribe Now

Bute, Fort William, Kinlochshiel, Kyles Athletic, Lovat and Newtonmore are through to the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter finals following last weekend’s shinty action. Kilmallie and Inveraray will replay and Caberfeidh and Kingussie are still to meet.

Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup – second round

Kinlochshiel 4
Oban Camanachd 1

Kinlochshiel secured a place in this Saturday’s Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter final draw with a 4-1 victory over Oban Camanachd at Kirkton.
Kinlochshiel started Paul MacRae at full centre, with Oliver MacRae going to buckshee forward. Ali Nixon dropped onto the bench.

Oban Camanachd were missing Malcolm Clark, David Lafferty and Gavin Stobbart and Lorne Dickie and Matt Rippon were working on Barra. Willie Neilson and Chrissie MacMillan returned and both started, whilst there was a place on the bench for Scott McKillop, young Ross Campbell and Lewis Buchanan.

This was a significant hurdle for Johnston Gill’s side as they were knocked out of the competition by Iain Hay’s troops at the same stage last season.

This perhaps explained their whirlwind start to the tie and, shooting down the slope, they led 2-0 after six minutes.

A clearance out of the Oban defence went straight to Jordan Fraser on three minutes and he made no mistake.

Three minutes later, Kinlochshiel won possession in midfield and Donald Nixon sent a long ball forward and Keith MacRae took the ball past his marker before firing into the top corner of the net.

It was not the start Oban Camanachd wanted but they rallied and pulled a goal back on 21 minutes following fine wing play from Willie Neilson and Andrew MacCuish who struck a bouncing shot low into the net past an unsighted Scott Kennedy to make it 2-1.

Oban Camanachd went on to enjoy their best period of the game and a teasing ball forward from Scott MacMillan dropped into the ‘D’. Finlay MacRae looked as if he would clear but Andrew MacCuish never gave up and his blocking challenge sent the ball spinning across goal. But the home defence eventually cleared the danger. A low Aidan MacIntyre effort went just past Kennedy’s right post as the Oban side tried to draw level.
There was a much-needed water break after 33 minutes as the players sweated in the sweltering heat.

The break probably came at the wrong time for Oban Camanachd and Kinlochshiel were quicker out of the blocks from the re-start and restored their two-goal cushion on 38 minutes. Jordan Fraser played the ball in low from the left and Keith MacRae allowed the ball to run across his body before shooting low across the keeper into the far corner of the net.
Cameron Sutherland then used his body to keep out a John MacRae strike at the expense of a corner.

So much of Kinlochshiel’s good play this season has involved Keith MacRae and he completed his hat-trick a couple of minutes before the break. He was brought down on the Kinlochshiel right and when the resultant spot-hit was played low to the far side, John MacRae drove it back into the goal area and Keith MacRae shot into the net to make it 4-1.
Kinlochshiel’s John MacRae, who suffered a heavy knock late in the first half, was replaced by Scott MacLean at the break.

Oban Camanachd created a couple of chances early in the second half but didn’t trouble the keeper.

Cameron Sutherland made a good save, stretching to his right and using his leg to deny Jordan Fraser at the expense of corner.

A delightful Keith MacRae flick played in Scott MacLean but he rifled the ball just the wrong side of Cameron Sutherland’s left post.
Oban Camanachd made a double switch as Scott McKillop, returning after a lengthy spell out through injury, and Lewis Buchanan replaced Daniel MacVicar and Willie Neilson. Daniel Cameron was pushed from defence into attack whilst Kinlochshiel introduced Ali Nixon at wing centre.
Kinlochshiel then had to scramble another superb Scott MacMillan ball into the ‘D’ away for a corner.

Good play from Oliver MacRae set up a chance for Keith MacRae and although his strike went wide of the keeper’s left post, the move earned applause from the crowd.

Another Oban youngster, Ross Campbell, was given a first team debut, taking over from Aidan MacIntyre.

There was another water break as the warm weather continued. The young Oban substitutes combined as first Scott Kennedy got his body in the way of a Lewis Buchanan shot from the left. The rebound came to Ross Campbell on the right who fired goalwards with his first touch of the game but Kennedy again made the save.

Lewis Buchanan then got on the end of an Andrew MacCuish knock-down but he tugged the ball just wide of goal.

It was an eventful period for Lewis Buchanan who then suffered an injury and had to be withdrawn. The youngster was caught with Mark MacDonald’s caman as the Kinlochshiel defender cleared his lines.
Kinlochshiel deserved the victory and go into the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter final draw which will be made at Oban Live this weekend.

Speaking after the final whistle, Oban Camanachd manager Ian Hay said: ‘Two bad mistakes in the early part of the game left us two goals down. We got back into it with Andrew MacCuish’s goal and we looked good at that point. However, we were caught out twice more with two quick goals after the water break and that killed the game off. Kinlochshiel are clinical up front and punish mistakes. We had some chances after the break but it wasn’t a great second half as the game was probably all but over by half-time.’

Skye Camanachd 0
Lovat 3

2017 Scottish runners-up Lovat are through to the quarter finals after they beat Skye Camanachd 3-0 in their noon throw-up at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.

Iain Nicolson returned for Skye and he started in attack with youngster Ruaraidh MacLeod rested to the bench. Kenny Campbell played at full centre despite having 10 stitches from two separate head wounds removed just ahead of throw-up.

Callum Cruden returned to the Lovat starting line-up having missed the previous week’s league win over Caberfeidh through injury.
It was a warm day but, just following throw-up, a cooling mist descended over the pitch for most of the match.

Lovat broke the deadlock on 26 minutes. Greg Matheson touched a ball forward from midfield into Lorne MacKay’s path. He took a couple of steps forward before slipping the ball outside to Marc MacLachlan who found a yard of space at the left of the ‘D’. MacLachlan sent the ball low into the net to make it 1-0.

The closest Skye came to a first half goal was a dipping Will Cowie effort from 40 yards out which dropped past the junction between post and bar on keeper Stuart MacDonald’s left. Lovat made a strong start to the second half and Lorne MacKay’s strike following a cross from the left came back off Iain MacLeod’s right post, deflecting behind the keeper and away to safety.
Skye goalie MacLeod then did well to save with his foot from Marc MacLachlan before denying Greg Matheson seconds later.

Lovat extended their lead from the penalty spot on 68 minutes. Marc MacLachlan slipped the ball into the danger area where it deflected into Duncan Davidson’s path as he ran into the ‘D’. However, Davidson went down under Allan MacLeod’s challenge and referee Calum Girvan pointed to the penalty spot after speaking to his goal judge. Greg Matheson cracked the penalty over Iain Macleod’s right shoulder.

Lovat killed the tie off straight from the re-start as Callum Cruden won possession and fed captain Lewis Tawse. He sent the ball long to the impressive Marc MacLachlan who threaded a low, diagonal ball to Lorne MacKay who was running in on the right. MacKay took a touch before knocking the ball low past the advancing keeper to make it 3-0.
Skye had enough possession but didn’t threaten Stuart MacDonald in the Lovat goal.

At the other end, Duncan Davidson sent a flashing shot just past the keeper’s left post, whilst Iain MacLeod made a smart double save 10 minutes from time to deny Marc MacLachlan a second.
This was the third meeting between the sides in Portree this season with Lovat winning all three.

Glenurquhart 1
Kyles Athletic 3

A Roddy MacDonald hat-trick gave Kyles Athletic a 3-1 win over Glenurquhart in their 3pm throw -up at Blairbeg.

Stuart MacKintosh returned in goal for Glenurquhart who also had Lachie Smith back in defence following a hand injury.

Roddy MacDonald and Grant Irvine recovered from knocks to take up their usual roles in the Kyles Athletic attack.

Kyles took the lead on 25 minutes. Glenurquhart defender Ally MacKintosh and Roddy MacDonald both stretched for a high shy into the goal area. MacDonald got a touch to the ball and it bounced past Glenurquhart keeper Stuart MacKintosh as he tried to clear. It was Roddy MacDonald again on the stroke of half-time who made it 2-0. MacDonald saw his initial shot saved by Stuart MacKintosh but the Scotland forward put the rebound into the net.
James MacPherson gave Glenurquhart hope when he pulled a goal back after 65 minutes. MacPherson looked as if he had missed the chance to shoot but, as he checked back, he quickly turned and lashed a great shot past John Whyte in the visiting goal to make it 2-1.

Roddy MacDonald sealed the win 10 minutes from time. He came deep to the wing centre position to gather the ball and was allowed to run to the ‘D’ before slotting the ball past a helpless Stuart MacKintosh.

Stuart MacKintosh denied Roddy MacDonald a fourth goal midway through the second half when he used his hand to palm away MacDonald’s penalty. Referee Graham Cameron had pointed to the spot after MacDonald had been felled by Ally MacKintosh following a quick Grant Irvine free-hit from the edge of the ‘D’. It was a deserved win for the Tighnabruaich men and with Roddy MacDonald in this form, no-one will fancy facing them in the Scottish quarter finals.

Action from the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup tie between Glenurquhart and Kyles Athletic. Photograph: Tina Marshall.

Lochaber 0
Newtonmore 1

Holders Newtonmore reached the last eight of the competition with a 1-0 win over Lochaber in their noon throw-up at Spean Bridge.

Newtonmore started as favourites but they had to work hard for this one, winning thanks to Steven MacDonald’s goal on the hour mark.

Lochaber’s Ryan Johnstone and Newtonmore’s Drew Macdonald in action during their Camanachd Cup tie at Spean Bridge.
Photograph: Iain Ferguson,

Fort William 3
Oban Celtic 2

Fort William and Oban Camanachd met for the third successive Saturday, this time at An Aird.

Fort William’s James Tangney was banned but Oban Celtic’s Craig MacMillan was free of suspension. Andy MacDonald was also free to play but he will miss this week’s league match against Kilmallie after passing through the disciplinary points threshold.

Lachie Shaw put Fort William in front on 28 minutes but Oban Celtic’s response was instant, levelling a minute later through Ally McKerracher.
Fort William went on to take a one-goal advantage into the break when Victor Smith made it 2-1 with five first half minutes remaining.

Oban Celtic countered for a second time when Daniel Madej scored five minutes into the second half.

Lachie Shaw and Victor Smith both scored for Fort William’s U17 side during the week in their MacTavish Juvenile Cup semi-final win over Skye and Shaw got his second on 63 minutes with what proved to be the winner.

Oban Celtic’s Craig MacMillan will miss this Saturday’s match against Kilmallie after being sent off by referee Martin MacLean.

Inveraray 0
Kilmallie 0

Inveraray and Kilmallie will play again after their goal-less draw at The Winterton. Inveraray’s Garry MacPherson was suspended, whilst keeper Scott McLachlan was on holiday. Ally Munro and Colin Campbell were out injured and Allan McDonald was only fit enough to start on the bench. There were call-ups for four-time Scottish Cup finalists Graham MacPherson, Euan McMurdo and David MacPherson.

Kilmallie travelled south without Stephen Mcalister, Calum MacDougall and Liam Cameron.

It was a hot and muggy afternoon but that would change during a downpour towards the end of the game.

Graham MacPherson, who was the busier keeper, made some fine stops as Kilmallie made a bright start.

Kilmallie had their goalie Shane Gillies to thank for still being in the draw for the next round. First, Gillies tipped a rocket of a shot from the ever-green Euan McMurdo onto the post. The Kilmallie defence struggled to deal with the rebound and conceded a penalty with Robbie MacFadyen penalised for being on the ground. Fraser Watt struck the spot-hit sweetly, with the ball rising towards the top corner of the net, but Shane Gillies palmed the ball away.

There were a few feisty challenges but referee Ross Brown managed the play without producing any cards.

Both sides had periods of pressure but there was a lack of clear-cut chances. The Inveraray defence was well marshalled by full back John Kennedy who kept a close eye on Kilmallie danger man Michael Rodger. The full time whistle sounded as torrential rain and thunder and lightning, making its way from the abandoned game at Strachur across the water, began.

The replay at Canal Parks has been scheduled for Saturday June 16 with a 2pm throw-up.

Inveraray’s Ruaraidh Graham Junior and Kilmallie’s Arron Sandison fight for the ball during last Saturday’s Camanachd Cup encounter at the Winterton which ended in a 0-0 draw. Photograph: Stephen Lawson.

Bute 2
Beauly 0

Marine Harvest South Division 1 side Bute turned in their best performance of the season to beat National Division side Beauly 2-0 at The Meadows.
Bute pair Chris Lawrence and Arran Dunn were both free of suspension, whilst Beauly travelled without the influential Jack MacDonald.

After a goal-less first half, Ian McDonald gave Bute the lead on 55 minutes. A shot towards goal from 20 yards out was deflected by Ian McDonald on the edge of the ‘D’, wrong-footing Beauly keeper Josh Grant who was left helpless.

The outcome stayed in the balance until 10 minutes from time. Josh Grant made an excellent save but the ball was only partially cleared and young Thomas Morrison hit a well-struck shot from 20 yards which went in at the bottom of the left-hand post, just evading the keeper.

The Bute defence played very well throughout with the home keeper only having one save of note during the game.

Bute’s rebuilding continues and the most satisfying aspect for them was that nine of their 15-man squad were aged 17 years or younger, with six of them due to attend the Camanachd Association’s annual summer training camp at Strathallan.

Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup
second round

Inverness 1
Glasgow Mid Argyll 3
After extra-time

Glasgow Mid Argyll had to battle all the way before securing the final place in the Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup second round after beating Inverness 3-1 in their 3pm throw-up at The Bught Park.

Inverness were without the suspended David Campbell, whilst GMA travelled without Ewen Murray.

It was an even first 45 minutes in which Inverness lost wing back Davie Glass mid-way through the half with a knee injury. He was replaced by Ewan Neilson.

GMA had a chance to take the lead when referee Steven MacLachlan awarded them a penalty but Allan MacLeod saved Craig Anderson’s spot-hit.

The visitors made the breakthrough on the hour when Allan MacLeod got his hand to Jamie MacFadyen’s long-range shot but the ball found its way into the net.

Inverness replied within a couple of minutes with Andy Reid scoring from just inside the box.

Having scored, Andy Reid had to go off with a nasty injury after being hit on the head by the ball.

Both sides had chances during the last half-hour but, with no further scoring, referee Steven MacLachlan took the tie into extra-time.

There was little in it during the first period of extra time but, after that, Inverness seemed to be running on empty and Jamie MacFadyen got his second five minutes into the second extra-time period and Inverness never recovered.

Jamie MacFadyen grabbed his hat-trick a couple of minutes later to put a gloss on the win.

Inverness were disappointed not to win the game although three weeks without a match was not ideal preparation for such an important game. They should be encouraged though that they pushed GMA hard. The Glasgow side will consider a semi-final spot as just reward for a battling win which sets up a semi-final against Fort William.

James Cameron from Inverness tries some ‘keepy uppy’ while being chased by Glasgow Mid Argyll’s J D MacKenzie during last weekend’s Balliemore Cup match. Photograph: Donald Cameron.

Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup

Strachur A
Fort William A

The tie between the Fort William reserves and Strachur at Strachurmore was postponed late in the game.

Iain Wilson had put Strachur ahead in the opening minute and it stayed that way until midway through the second half when Lewis Morrison scored twice, either side of a Mark Fraser goal to give Fort William a 3-1 lead.

However, worsening weather conditions left referee Des McNulty with little option but to postpone the match with around 15 minutes remaining.

It would be possible for the 3-1 score to stand if both teams agreed but given the closeness of the score, the more likely outcome is a replay with Fort William having home advantage.

Strathdearn Cup – first round

Inverness 0
Fort William 6

The Strathdearn Cup first round tie between the Inverness and Fort William second teams was rescheduled for Thursday May 31 with a 7pm throw-up.

Fort William, who play a division higher than their opponents, ran out 6-0 winners.

Padraig McNeil, who featured for Inverness last season, gave Fort William the lead on six minutes.

Grant Disher made it 2-0 on 30 minutes, with Lewis Morrison adding a third on the stroke of half time.

Grant Disher got his second three minutes into the second half, whilst Lewis Morrison also got his second on 55 minutes.

Greig Kelly rounded off the 6-0 victory on 70 minutes.

Glenurquhart 2
Beauly 0

The Glenurquhart colts beat the Beauly colts 2-0 in their noon throw-up at Blairbeg.

The fact the first half remained goal-less was mainly down to three outstanding saves from Beauly keeper Kyle MacDonald late in the half. The first of these was a terrific stop from a Lewis MacDonald strike from the edge of the ‘D’.

Glenurquhart finally went in front on 65 minutes with a great goal. The impressive Lewis MacDonald played the ball forward to full forward Ryan Porter who took it out of the air and struck it spectacularly into the net first time from the edge of the ‘D’.

Glenurquhart’s Ross MacAulay started at full centre before being withdrawn. He returned at half forward and the switch paid dividends in the final minute when he fired a bouncing shot from distance. Kyle MacDonald got his foot to the ball but it went into the net off the post.

Glenurquhart’s first team manager Iain MacLeod played in goals and was joined on the field by his son Charlie MacLeod who was making his second team debut.

The Glenurquhart seconds will now host the Fort William seconds in a quarter final tie at the end of the month.

Marine Harvest Premiership

Kingussie 4
Caberfeidh 1

Kingussie and Caberfeidh were to meet at Castle Leod in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup second round. However, with Caberfeidh hosting the popular Ross-shire sixes, the pitch was unavailable.

The sides were due to meet at The Dell in the league the following Saturday, so the fixtures were switched.

And it was Kingussie who recorded an impressive 4-1 win that lifts them to fifth in the table.

Louis Munro and James Falconer were missing for Kingussie. Robert Mabon was an injury doubt after coming off in the win over Lochaber a week earlier and he missed out with a broken finger.

Worse was to follow when keeper Craig Dawson suffered a nasty eye injury in the warm up so Rory MacGregor went in goal. Garry Munro came into the side for the first time this season, starting at full centre.

Caberfeidh kept faith with Ian MacColl in goal whilst Scottish international Kevin Bartlett returned to the side.

Kingussie took the lead on eight minutes. Savio Genini made a run forward from wing centre and when Ruaridh Anderson played the ball to him, Genini struck a back-hand shot into the bottom left corner of the net. Ruaridh Anderson increased Kingussie’s advantage on 30 minutes. The ball was played to Roddy Young at full forward and Anderson overlapped him before shooting from the right side of the goals, low into the far bottom corner of the goal.

Ruaridh Anderson put Kingussie in control with his second goal on the stroke of half-time. The build up was similar to his first and this time he finished with a clean hit higher into the top corner of the net.
Savio Genini got his second to make it 4-0 five minutes into the second half with almost a carbon-copy of his opener.

Again the wing centre surged forward from midfield and this time Roddy Young played the ball off and Genini crashed his shot into the roof of the net.

Caberfeidh, now with Ally MacLennan at full forward and Kevin Bartlett at full centre, pulled a goal back on 68 minutes with Malcolm Morrison beating stand-in goalie Rory MacGregor.

It was merely a consolation though as Kingussie, who brought on Barrie Dallas at full forward for the final 20 minutes, took the points with a 4-1 win.

Marine Harvest
North Division 1

Newtonmore 5
Kingussie 0

Newtonmore came out on top, winning 5-0 in the reserve team Badenoch Derby against Kingussie at The Eilan.

Newtonmore’s Chris Sellar started a two-match ban following his red card against Glenurquhart a week earlier.

Calum Stewart on 31 minutes and Cameron McNiven four minutes later made it 2-0 at the break.

Craig MacLeod added a third on 53 minutes and Cameron McNiven got his second a couple of minutes after.

Paul MacArthur rounded off the win on 69 minutes when he scored for the second successive Saturday.

Newtonmore now go two points clear of second placed Glengarry but they have played two games more.

Skye Camanachd P
Aberdeen University P

The match between the Skye Camanachd second team and Aberdeen University at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree, was postponed.

Aberdeen University were unable to raise a team for the match so they have been deducted two points and the game will be re-scheduled for a later date.

Marine Harvest
South Division 1

Tayforth 4
Kilmory 0

Tayforth ran out 4-0 winners against an under-strength Kilmory side in a match which was part of The Meadows Festival in Edinburgh.

Finlay Stark gave Tayforth the lead on eight minutes and Brendan Duggan got a second on 35 minutes.

Finlay Stark’s accurate shooting was making the difference and he completed his hat-trick with strikes on 66 and 69 minutes.

Marine Harvest
North Division 2

Lochcarron 2
Kilmallie 0

Lochcarron go top of the table after beating the Kilmallie reserves 2-0 at Battery Park. Lance MacCuish and Liam Arnott got the goals that take Lochcarron a point ahead of the Lovat seconds, with both teams having played nine games.

Lochaber 4
Strathglass 0

The Lochaber colts defeated the Strathglass colts 4-0 in their 3pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.

Rolands Freimanis, Ben Delaney and a Max Campbell double won the game for fifth-placed Lochaber.

Inverness 0
Lewis Camanachd 3

Lewis Camanachd are three games unbeaten after they overcame the Inverness second team 3-0 in their 12.30pm throw-up at The Bught Park.

Donald Lamont bagged the opener on seven minutes when he got on the end of a long corner to the far post and struck the ball home on the angle.

The islanders doubled their lead on 22 minutes. Two Inverness defenders tried to get the ball off Lewis full forward Seumas Charity but Finlay Calder inadvertently diverted the ball past Colin Fraser in the Inverness goal.

The third Lewis goal was a super solo effort from David Cleary as he beat his man on the left wing before rifling a shot into the far corner of the net.

Seumas Charity had a goal disallowed for offside by referee Steven MacLachlan and a lack of composure in front of goal, coupled with outstanding goalkeeping from Colin Fraser, kept the score down.

Finlay Calder missed a second half penalty for Inverness.

Marine Harvest
South Division 2

Oban Celtic 0
Glenorchy 4

Glenorchy now only trail league leaders Strachur on goal difference after they beat Oban Celtic’s second team 4-0 in Oban.

Connor Sartain put Glenorchy ahead on 10 minutes with what was the only goal of the first half.

Connor Sartain got his second seven minutes into the second half.
Glenorchy added to their tally through John Sartain on 60 minutes and Aaron MacKay on 73 minutes.

Although Glenorchy go level with Strachur at the top of the table, they have played two games more.

WCA round up

Badenoch regained top spot in Marine Harvest National Division 1 following the shinty action on Sunday June 3.

Marine Harvest National Division

Aberdour 0
Badenoch 12

Badenoch went two points clear at the top of the table following their 12-0 win over Aberdour in their noon throw-up at Silversands.

Badenoch led 4-0 at the break before scoring eight more goals in the second half. Megan Ralph stole the show, scoring seven times. Zoe Reid and Mairi Stewart both hit doubles whilst Klaudia Ordys got the other.

Champions Skye are still in a strong position, trailing two points behind in second place but with two games in hand. The sides have still to meet in Portree.

Lochaber 11
Ardnamurchan 0

Lochaber were too strong for newly promoted Ardnamurchan, winning 11-0 in their 1pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.

Rebecca Masson was their top scorer with four goals. Kirsty Delaney grabbed a hat-trick, Natalie MacDonald scored twice and Amy Disher and Thea Robertson got the others.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 2
Strathspey 1

Glasgow Mid Argyll beat Strathspey 2-1 at Yoker.
Joan Nicolson scored both GMA goals with Lucy Davies countering.

Skye Camanachd P
Fort William P

The match between Skye Camanachd and Fort William has been rearranged for Saturday August 4.

Marine Harvest
North Division 2

Lovat w/o v

Lovat were given a walk-over when the Lochaber seconds were unable to raise a team for their match at Balgate.

Marine Harvest
South Division 2

Cowal & Bute 13
Ardnamurchan 2

Cowal & Bute beat the Ardnamurchan second team 13-2 in their 1pm throw-up at Dunoon Stadium.

Heather Ferguson scored four times for the hosts and Nula Neary grabbed a hat-trick. Jennifer Carrey and Charmaine Love hit doubles, whilst Faye Robertson and Lindsay Mitchell got the others.

Roselyn Ritchie and Kirsty Campbell got the Ardnamurchan goals.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 5
Oban Lorn 0

The Glasgow Mid Argyll seconds defeated Oban Lorn 5-0 at Yoker.
Joan Nicholson, who also scored twice for the senior side, notched two GMA goals, whilst Katie Mullen got the other.

Tayforth 0
Dunadd 7

Dunadd defeated Tayforth 7-0 at the Meadows Festival in Edinburgh.

Valerie Fraser Cup semi-final draw

The Marine Harvest Valerie Fraser Camanachd Cup and the Marine Harvest Challenge Cup semi-final draws were made on the main stage at the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Fort William on Saturday June 2.

Ian Roberts, director of communications for Marine Harvest, and Scotland and South African World Champion mountain bike racer Greg Minnaar made the draw.

Marine Harvest Valerie Fraser Camanachd Cup – semi-finals:
Skye Camanachd v Glasgow Mid Argyll
Lochaber v Badenoch & Strathspey
Marine Harvest Challenge Cup Semi-Finals
Skye Camanachd v Inverness
Glenurquhart v Lovat

The ties will be played on Sunday June 17, with neutral venues to be decided.

Balliemore Cup
semi-final draw

The Liberty British Aluminum Balliemore Cup semi-final draw was made by Tom Uppington, Rita Cavan, Rosie Flanigan and Kerry MacDonald from sponsors Liberty British Aluminium.

Holders Fort William will face Glasgow Mid Argyll who beat Inverness 3-1 after extra-time in their quarter-final last weekend.

2016 winners Kilmallie play Beauly who lifted the trophy in 2015.
The draw is:
Fort William v Glasgow MA
Beauly v Kilmallie
The ties are scheduled to be played on Saturday June 23 at neutral venues to be confirmed.