Shinty: Camanachd Cup takes centre stage this weekend

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available with a  subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Just want to read one issue? No problem you can subscribe for just one week (or longer if you wish)

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

ONLY three points separate the top four sides in the Marine Harvest Premiership following the shinty action on Saturday May 26 2018.

Marine Harvest Premiership
Oban Camanachd 1
Kyles Athletic 1
Oban Camanachd and Kyles Athletic shared the points in a 1-1 draw in their noon throw up at Mossfield.
Oban Camanachd manager Ian Hay was without Willie Neilson and Chrissie MacMillan but Keith MacMillan was available again and he started on the bench alongside youngster Lewis Buchanan.
Kyles Athletic boss James Perlich was able to start Andrew King, who had sufficiently recovered from a shoulder injury.
The opening goal came from a corner on nine minutes. Garry Lord’s clearance went to Robbie MacLeod, wide on the Kyles Athletic left, and his shot took a vicious bounce in front of ’keeper Cameron Sutherland and the ball lifted over the goalie’s shoulder and into the net.
Kyles forced a series of corners but they were unable to get what would have been a crucial second goal.
The Oban side had to replace Matt Rippon on 30 minutes after he was hit below the knee and Keith MacMillan came on in his place.
Scott MacMillan equalised on 60 minutes when he drifted the ball goalwards from fully 45 yards out and the ball took an awkward bounce before creeping inside the post.
Oban Camanachd’s Aiden MacIntyre returned to first team action on 70 minutes, replacing Andrew MacCuish.
The home side went for a winner and John Whyte made a good stop with his feet from Lewis Buchanan.
Oban Camanachd had a penalty claim in at the death when Daniel MacVicar went down after going in one-on-one with ’keeper Whyte. The ball was cleared for a shy which immediately preceded the final whistle.
It was a match in which both defences were on top with Kyles edging the first period and Oban Camanachd better after the break.
Oban Camanachd travel to play Kinlochshiel in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup second round this weekend and boss Ian Hay could have Malcolm Clark and David Lafferty, who was excellent against Kyles, amongst his absentees. Matt Rippon and Lorne Dickie are both working in Barra and every effort will be made to get them to Kirkton on time. Willie Neilson and Chrissie MacMillan will both be back.
With this week’s Scottish tie at Glenurquhart on the horizon, Kyles will be concerned that Grant Irvine had to leave the field after suffering a blow to the leg whilst Roddy MacDonald was forced off with five minutes remaining with what appeared to be a hamstring problem.

Kinlochshiel 1
Newtonmore 2
Kinlochshiel’s unbeaten 26 game run ended when they lost 2-1 to Newtonmore at Kirkton.
Kinlochshiel’s Mark MacDonald returned whilst Fraser MacVicar dashed down the road from the noon second team game in Portree to start on the bench.
Newtonmore travelled without influential trio Glen MacKintosh, Norman Campbell and Michael Russell.
There was a minute’s silence ahead of throw up to mark the passing during the week of Newtonmore Chieftain David Cheyne.
Iain Robinson gave Newtonmore a four-minute lead. Fraser MacKintosh won the ball from a throw up and David MacLean sent Iain Robinson racing down the right. ’Shiel tried to clear but Evan Menzies did well to win possession. ’Shiel were unable to clear Menzies’ ball from the right and Robinson pushed the ball over the line from close range.
’More, shooting down the slope, went 2-0 ahead on 19 minutes. Ewen Fraser played in a free-hit from the left and Evan Menzies allowed the ball to run across the face of the goal before beating home keeper Scott Kennedy with a low drive which went just inside the goalie’s left post.
’Shiel introduced Paul MacRae at full centre in a bid to answer Newtonmore’s dominance in midfield. The switch helped, with MacRae playing well, and ’Shiel pulled a goal back on 37 minutes. Duncan ‘DA’ MacRae prevented ’More from clearing a Donald Nixon shy from the left and Paul MacRae threaded a pass to John MacRae in a central position. MacRae took a touch before finding the net with a firm, low shot.
Newtonmore introduced Steven MacDonald at half time and he played the second half at full centre.
The ’Shiel forwards had plenty of possession in the second half but they struggled to hit the target and the Newtonmore defence, expertly marshalled by Rory Kennedy, was outstanding and they protected keeper Kenny Ross.
The hosts did have the ball in the net in the second period but the whistle had already gone for an infringement in Kinlochshiel’s favour.
Newtonmore threatened on the counter but the home defence, with Finlay MacRae to the fore, thwarted the threat.
Kinlochshiel stay top of the league, ahead of Lovat on goal difference whilst third place Newtonmore are ahead of Kyles Athletic, also on goal difference.

Skye Camanachd 3
Glenurquhart 2
Skye Camanachd notched their first win of the season, beating Glenurquhart 3-2 in their 3pm throw up at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.
Skye’s Jordan Murchison and Stewart Grant both returned to the starting line-up but Iain Murray and Iain Nicolson joined Ally MacDonald on the injury list whilst Danny Morrison and Gilleasbuig MacDonald were unavailable.
Glen’s Lachie Smith remained sidelined whilst the Glen also travelled without Andrew Corrigan, John Peteranna, Arran MacDonald, Daniel MacKintosh and Finlay Robertson.
’Keeper Stuart MacKintosh was playing with his band at a wedding in Lewis so second team keeper Tommy Ellis took over between the sticks. Lewis MacLennan made his first appearance of the season in attack.
Glenurquhart created the early chances with Skye ’keeper Iain MacLeod making a diving save to deny James MacPherson, using his caman to keep out a Michael Fraser snap-shot and stretching his right foot to keep out a James MacPherson shot which was heading for the bottom corner of the goal.
However, Skye took the lead on 40 minutes when a low Jordan Murchison ball down the middle was missed by everyone and the ball ended up in the net.
The goal shocked Glenurquhart and they fell further behind a minute later when a Jordan Murchison shot from the right went across the ’keeper, nestling inside the far post.
Glenurquhart were awarded the first of two penalties a minute before the break. Skye’s Ally ‘Cleodi’ MacLeod, who dropped back into defence after Connor Gilpin went off injured, went into the D to clear a high ball from the Glen right.
MacLeod lost the flight of the ball in the bright sun and the ball hit him on the top of the head.
Glen claimed for a penalty and referee Archie Ritchie pointed to the spot. Skye were furious and two of their players were booked in the aftermath. James MacPherson kept his cool to send the penalty low into the net.
Skye manager John MacLeod refocused his side at the break and they scored again just 45 seconds into the second half. A terrific Ruaraidh MacLeod run up the right wing set up a chance for Jordan Murchison and he fired the ball low into the net to complete his hat-trick.
Glen tried to get back into the game but the Skye defence, with John Gillies outstanding at buckshee back and U17 player Jamie Gillies giving a great account of himself at full back, stayed firm.
Glenurquhart were thrown a lifeline with six minutes remaining.
Fraser Heath, who by now had been pushed forward from defence to attack, cut across the Skye D and as he tried to shoot goalwards, the goal judge signalled a hand ball by a Skye defender. Again the decision was hotly contested but James MacPherson blasted the spot-hit over Iain MacLeod’s right shoulder to make it 3-2.
Skye managed the closing stages well and the win takes them to within a point of second bottom Glenurquhart with Lochaber two points away from the relegation zone.

Lovat 3
Caberfeidh 0
Lovat go level on points with league leaders Kinlochshiel but their 3-0 win over Caberfeidh in their 3pm throw up at Balgate was much closer than the final scoreline suggests.
Lovat’s Callum Cruden failed to recover from a knock picked up in the previous week’s defeat to Newtonmore so Craig Mainland dropped into a defensive role with Duncan Davidson starting in midfield. The bench was made up of Martin Mainland, Chris Johnston and Graeme MacMillan.
Caberfeidh’s Liam Symonds was free of his one-match suspension. However, there were a number of absences with ’keeper Ewen Picher, Martin MacDonald, Jack Pilcher and Kevin Bartlett all unavailable.
There were starting places for Ian MacColl in goal, Scott MacPhail and Calum MacKinnon with Jamie Matheson on the bench alongside Graham MacGregor and manager Jodi Gorski.
Lovat got off to the perfect start, taking the lead after just four minutes. Referee John Angus Gillies awarded the hosts a free-hit on the right, 18 yards from goal. The ball was played to Greg Matheson on the Lovat left and he slipped a good ball to Marc MacLachlan who unleashed a powerful drive which gave Ian MacColl no chance.
Caberfeidh almost pulled level on 10 minutes when Craig Morrison peeled away from Drew Howie before striking a screamer but Lovat goalie Stuart MacDonald pulled off a great save to keep his side in front.
Caberfeidh full centre Ally MacLennan had a commanding match in the middle of the park and he almost got his name on the scoresheet when he drilled in a shot which forced another outstanding save from Scotland ’keeper Stuart MacDonald, on the ground, and he scrambled the ball away to safety.
Both teams played to their strengths and Caberfeidh’s Blair Morrison was given a marking job on Lovat danger-man Greg Matheson whilst, at the other end, there was another good contest between Craig Mainland and Caberfeidh’s Ryan MacKay who was deployed as a forward.
Lovat extended their lead on 42 minutes when Lewis Tawse found Marc MacLachlan free on the left and he cut inside, past two defenders, before hitting a low shot into the keeper’s left hand corner of the net.
The second half turned into the Stuart MacDonald show as the Lovat custodian continually denied Caberfeidh the goal that would get them back into the game. Cabers threw everything at the Lovat goal and a sign of what was to come came four minutes after the restart when MacDonald made a point-blank save from a Craig Morrison piledriver, turning the ball away for a corner.
Stuart MacDonald made a great reflex save on 51 minutes, turning a Craig Morrison shot which took a bounce off the fiery surface, away for the safety of a corner.
Next up, MacDonald some-how got his club to what looked like a goal-bound Ally MacLennan effort and the ball was cleared.
MacDonald then twice foiled Caberfeidh forwards from inside the D as the visitor’s onslaught continued.
With 73 minutes played, Cabers were hit with a sucker-punch as Lovat extended their lead. A Lovat shy from the right fell to Greg Matheson who got away from Blair Morrison’s clutches and, without taking a touch, Matheson, from right of centre, bulleted an unstoppable shot into the corner of the net to make it 3-0.
The goal knocked the stuffing out of Caberfeidh and there were few chances during the final 15 minutes although there was still time for Stuart MacDonald to save again, this time from Ally MacLennan, following a free-hit outside the D.
Both teams produced a display of fast flowing shinty and, in a game with no bookings, and as well as Stuart MacDonald’s obvious contribution, there were fine performances from Lovat’s Drew Howie, who was given a hard time from Caberfeidh’s Craig Morrison, as well as Lovat’s Lewis Tawse and Cabers’ Ally MacLennan in the middle of the park.
Blair Morrison did well against Greg Matheson whilst young Ben MacDonald caught the eye in the Caberfeidh defence against the busy Lorne MacKay.
With the league approaching the halfway stage, Lovat have shown themselves to be genuine title contenders.

Kingussie 4
Lochaber 3
Kingussie came from 3-1 down to eventually beat Lochaber 4-3 in their 3pm throw up at The Dell.
Ahead of the match, Kingussie stalwart Tommy Wade officially opened the club’s new £200,000 facility which includes grandstand seating for 100 supporters and a hospitality area.
And it started well for the hosts when Roddy Young gave them a six-minute lead.
Lochaber looked set to spoil the celebrations as Finlay MacDonald capitalised on a defensive error to level on nine minutes. Conor Sweeney put the visitors in front a minute last and Danny Delaney made it 3-1 with 20 minutes played.
With relegation rivals Skye and Glenurquhart meeting in Portree, a couple of points would have been a welcome addition to the Lochaber cause.
However, Fraser Munro started the fight-back a couple of minutes before when he turned home a rebound, after a Roddy Young effort had been saved by Lochaber keeper Alistair MacDonald, to make it 3-2 at the break.
Roddy Young got his second on 53 minutes to leave the outcome in the balance.
Kingussie suffered a blow when full back Robert Mabon was forced off injured so James Hutchison dropped back into defence.
The winning goal came on 73 minutes. Roddy Young brought down a long ball forward from midfield. Young drew a defender before finding Ruaridh Anderson and he found the net to the delight of the home support.

Balliemore Cup – quarter finals
Oban Celtic 1
Fort William 3
Oban Celtic and Fort William met for the second successive Saturday; this time in a 3pm throw up at Mossfield.
Fort William were 3-0 winners in the league a week earlier and they ran out 3-1 winners in this one.
Fort William’s Alexander MacMillan was free of suspension but Oban Celtic’s Craig MacMillan was unavailable as his yellow card in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup tie against Strathglass two weeks earlier forced a one-match ban.
The first half ended goalless but Lewis Clark gave Fort William the lead just three minutes into the second half.
A Ross MacMillan goal drew Oban Camanachd level on 56 minutes.
However, Victor Smith proved to be the match winner with goals on 63 and 88 minutes.
Remarkably, the sides meet again, on a third consecutive occasion, this coming Saturday in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd second round at An Aird.

Kilmallie 5
Ballachulish 1
Kilmallie recovered from the loss of an early goal to defeat Ballachulish 5-1 in their 3pm throw up at The Canal Parks
Kilmallie had a massive 14-0 win when the sides met a fortnight earlier but the scoreline was much closer this time.
Indeed Lorne Brown gave Balla’ a nine-minute lead but Liam MacDonald levelled with 20 minutes played.
Liam MacDonald got his second a couple of minutes after the restart and Liam Cameron made it 3-1 on 50 minutes.
Daniel Stewart on 65 minutes and Craig MacIsaac five minutes from time gave Kilmallie a 5-1 win and a place in the quarter-final draw.
The sides also contested the 2018 Iain Aitchison Trophy which Kilmallie retained.
Glengarry 1
Beauly 4
Marine Harvest Premiership side Beauly came from a goal down to beat Glengarry from North Division 1 4-1 at Craigard.
’Garry have been on a run of good form this season and they started well, with the wind advantage, and with Steven Cameron prompting proceedings from full centre.
The home side lost busy forward Raymond Robertson through injury but they took the lead shortly after when Nick Dalgety found enough space on the left to crash a ball from the right across goal, high into the net to make it 1-0 with 35 minutes on the clock.
Beauly levelled on 52 minutes when wing centre Peter Dickson pushed forward and his strike came off the frame of the goal but Sean Stewart was on hand to force the rebound home from inside the D.
Beauly went in front for the first time on 69 minutes when Greg Tillman and Sean Stewart combined to set up Jack MacDonald to score past an unsighted keeper.
Two late goals put a gloss on the win. Substitute Elliot Moir made it 3-1 on 80 minutes when he finished well following a Conor Ross pass.
Elliot Moir turned provider a couple of minutes later as he set found Conor Ross, who took the ball inside the D before tucking it home.

Inverness P
Glasgow Mid Argyll P
The 3pm throw up between Inverness and Glasgow Mid Argyll has been rescheduled for Saturday June 2 2018 as The Bught Park was unavailable.

Strathdearn Cup – first round
Lovat 1
Newtonmore 5
The Newtonmore seconds worked hard for their 5-1 win over the Lovat seconds in their noon throw up at Balgate.
Lovat included first team manager Fraser Gallacher whilst Newtonmore’s Ryan Spinks served the second game of a two-match ban.
Newtonmore player/manager Orsten Gardiner started in attack but quickly switched to full back to mark Lovat danger-man Raymond Rennie.
Lovat looked the better side during the opening 20 minutes with Raymond Rennie, Fraser Gallacher and Cameron MacMillan linking up well in attack.
When More did threaten, Lovat’s Graeme MacMillan was very impressive in the buckshee back position.
’More took the lead on 24 minutes when Paul MacArthur lost his marker and pushed forward on the left. When the ball came to him, he had time to stop in before beating the ’keeper with what was a fierce drive from distance.
The visitors doubled their lead on 27 minutes when Craig MacLeod had all the time in the world to score from the edge of the D.
Lovat took the chance to level when referee Steven MacLachlan awarded them a 31-minute penalty following an infringement as Raymond Rennie raced in on goal. Fraser Gallacher scored with a rasping spot-hit which flew in over the ’keeper’s head.
Despite being behind, Lovat probably edged the first half but there was no doubt who controlled the second period as Newtonmore took a grip of the tie.
It took two terrific Ronan MacMillan saves on 48 and 50 minutes – first with his stick and then with his leg – to deny Calum Stewart.
Newtonmore restored their two-goal cushion on 51 minutes when Somhairle Thomson ghosted in at the back post to get on the end of a free-hit from the right to make it 3-1.
Newtonmore went on to push home their superiority and a powerful Scott Chisholm shot was well saved by Ronan MacMillan who then kept the rebound out with his feet.
’More punished some slack Lovat defending to score twice more before the end. Craig MacLeod got his second from close-in on 72 minutes and he completed his hat-trick just four minutes later with a powerful shot from the edge of the D. This was Craig MacLeod’s third hat-trick in his side’s last four matches.
The contest reached boiling point towards the end of the match. Paul MacArthur was penalised following a late challenge and subsequent clash with Jamie Buchan on 84 minutes. The resultant Lovat free-hit was played to Graeme MacMillan but his shot was saved with his hand by ’More keeper Callum Grover.
There were also late bookings for Martin Bell for a challenge on Scott Chisholm and for Ryan Ferguson for dissent.

Kingussie 4
Boleskine 0
The Kingussie colts beat Boleskine 4-0 in their noon throw up at The Dell.
Dylan Borthwick put the Kings ahead on 32 minutes and Sandy Elrick made it 2-0 just 10 minutes after the restart.
Dylan Borthwick got his second on the hour mark and Russell Menzies made it 4-0 just 10 minutes from time.

Skye Camanachd 2
Kinlochshiel 0
The Skye Camanachd seconds were 2-0 winners against the Kinlochshiel seconds in their noon derby at Pairc nan Laoch.
The first half looked like it would end scoreless until Skye were awarded an injury time corner. Stewart Taylor played in the corner from the left and the ball came to Angie MacDonald on the Skye right. MacDonald needed no second invitation to shoot and the ball took a bounce as it beat ’Shiel keeper Graham Kennedy at his right post.
Skye’s second goal was the highlight of the match. Chris Ross surged forward from the midfield area and he played a one-two before positioning himself to blast the ball high into the net to make it 2-0.
’Shiel played the final quarter of the match a player short after three players suffered injuries.
Ally ‘Spod’ MacLeod had a fine game in the Skye defence whilst Chris Rose urged the team on from the full centre position.

Kilmallie 0
Caberfeidh 2
The Caberfeidh second team made it three wins on the bounce with a 2-0 victory over the Kilmallie second team in their noon throw up at a very warm Canal Parks.
With their first team short of some regulars, Andrew MacMaster’s second team squad lost several players to their senior side.
It was a midfield battle for the first quarter of the game with neither ’keeper really troubled.
Gradually, chances were created and Stewart Krzyzanowski saw a shot saved in what was the closest matters came to a first half goal.
Kilmallie made a strong start to the second half but the Caberfeidh defence, and stand-in keeper DJ Mellis, stayed strong.
Cabers made the breakthrough when Ruairidh MacLeman forced home a rebound following a good save.
The visitors added a second shortly after and it was Ruairidh MacLeman again who netted, this time from just outside the D.
Caberfeidh have home advantage against Kingussie in the last-eight of the competition with the sides having previously met in the Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup.

Strathspey Camanachd 4
Strathglass 1
Strathspey Camanachd recorded a solid 4-1 win over the Strathglass seconds in their 2pm throw up at Grantown Grammar School.
Eddie Noble gave Strathglass a 35-minute lead but Dane Taylor restored parity on the stroke of half-time.
Struan Ross put Strathspey ahead on 57 minutes and late goals from Connor Aubrey on 79 minutes and Matthew Davis on 84 minutes earned Strathspey a difficult quarter-final tie; away to Newtonmore.

Lochcarron W/O
v Lochaber
Lochcarron were given a walk over when the Lochaber reserves were unable to raise a team for their tie at Battery Park.
Lochcarron will now have home advantage against Skye Camanachd in the Strathdearn Cup quarter-finals.

Inverness P
Fort William P
The Inverness and Fort William second teams were to have a noon meeting in the Highland Capital. However, with The Bught Park unavailable, the tie has been rescheduled for Thursday May 31 2018.

Bullough Cup – first round
Glasgow Mid Argyll 3
Inveraray 1
The Glasgow Mid Argyll colts came from a goal down to beat the Inveraray colts 3-1 in their noon throw up at Yoker
David Robertson gave Inveraray a six-minute lead with what was the only goal of the first half.
Former Kinlochshiel player Ross Fraser levelled on 51 minutes and the same player put GMA into the lead on 62 minutes.
Jack Berg made it 3-1 with 12 minutes remaining and GMA will play Lochside Rovers in the Bullough Cup quarter-finals.

Aberdour 1
SCOTS Camanachd 4
SCOTS Camanachd beat the Aberdour second team 4-1 at Silversands
Chris Bowerman scored for the hosts but doubles from Colin Irving and Gregor Cameron gave the Forces side victory.
SCOTS Camanachd will now host the Kyles Athletic second team in the last-eight of the competition.

Marine Harvest South Division 1
Kyles Athletic 4
Kilmory 1
The Kyles Athletic second team made it six wins out of six when they beat Kilmory 4-1 in their 7pm throw up at Dunoon on Wednesday May 26 2018.
Kilmory struck first with Hal Jones scoring after just five minutes. Kyles had Gordon Whyte in their side and he levelled on the half-hour mark.
A Luke Thornton strike on 43 minutes gave Kyles a 2-1 interval lead and an own goal on the hour gave the Tighnabruaich men a cushion.
Jack Whyte made it 4-1 a couple of minutes from time.

Col Glen 4
Lochside Rovers 2
Col Glen scored four times in the first half to beat Lochside Rovers 4-2 at Glendaruel.
Lochside started brightly enough and Lennon Campbell twice went close during the early stages with one effort shaving the post and the other going just over the bar.
Col Glen took the lead on 14 minutes through Tom Irbhinn, who also got a second on the half-hour mark, beating 15-year-old Dougie MacDonald in the Lochside goal.
There was a first-half water break before Keith Burnett pulled a goal back on 32 minutes, striking the ball well from distance
Col Glen, who were missing Jamie MacVicar, looked the hungrier and two quick-fire goals from Finan Kennedy on 38 and 40 minutes gave Lochside a mountain to climb in the second half.
Lochside, with player/manager Gareth Evans coming on at the break, set out to score next and Jordan Keir did just that a minute into the second half with a good finish on the angle.
Lochside forced three good saves from the Col Glen ’keeper but they were unable to cut the deficit and the champions’ best hope of success this term now looks to be in the cup competitions.
Referee Des McNulty continued to enhance his reputation with another good display.
The games don’t get any easier for Lochside as they travel to play the Kyles Athletic second team, who top the division with a 100 per cent record, this Saturday.

Kyles Athletic 6
Taynuilt 0
The Kyles Athletic seconds made it two wins in four days when they overcame Taynuilt 6-0 at The Dunoon Stadium.
Jack Whyte scored his third goal of the week on 16 minutes which gave Kyles a 1-0 interval lead.
The goal glut came during the last half hour of the match.
Brandon Wilson made it 2-0 on 61 minutes and Matthew MacColl added a third with 15 minutes remaining.
Luke Thornton made it 4-0 on 81 minutes whilst Brandon Wilson went on to complete his hat-trick with goals on 85 and 89 minutes.
Kyles have now opened up a four-point lead at the top of the table.

Bute P
Kilmory P
Kilmory were unable to raise a team for their match against Bute at The Meadows.
Kilmory have been deducted two points and the match will be rescheduled for a later date.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Glenorchy 3
Oban Celtic 0
Third placed Glenorchy scored three times in the second half to beat the Oban Celtic second team 3-0 at Mart Park
Conor Sartain struck twice on 57 and 61 minutes to give Glenorchy control.
Charlie Campbell-Roberts rounded off the 3-0 win just four minutes from time.

WCA round up
Skye Camanachd Ladies, playing their game in hand, go top of Marine Harvest National Division 1 following the shinty action on Sunday May 27.

Marine Harvest National Division 1
Aberdour 0
Skye Camanachd 5
An understrength Skye side had to battle all the way to maintain their 100 per cent record, beating Aberdour 5-0 in their 1pm throw up at Silversands.
Caitlin MacLean scored four times and Ilana Paterson got the other. The win takes champions Skye to the top of the table.


Thursday May 31
Strathdearn Cup 1st round
Inverness v Fort William

Saturday June 2
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup 2nd round
Lochaber v Newtonmore Archie Ritchie – Noon
Skye v Lovat
Calum Girvan – Noon
Bute v Beauly
Robert Baxter
Inveraray v Kilmallie Ross Brown
Kinlochshiel v Oban Caman
Deek Cameron
Fort William v Oban Celtic Martin MacLean
Glenurquhart v Kyles Athletic John Angus Gillies – 3pm

Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup 2nd round
Inverness v Glasgow Mid Argyll Graham Cameron

Aberdein Considine
Sutherland Cup 3rd round
Strachur v Fort William
Des McNulty

Strathdearn Cup 1st round
Glenurquhart v Beauly John Wood – Noon

Marine Harvest Premiership
Kingussie v Caberfeidh
Lachie Wood

Marine Harvest
North Division One
Newtonmore v Kingussie Brian MacKay
Skye v Aberdeen University John MacRitchie – 3pm

Marine Harvest
South Division One
Kyles Ath v Lochside Rovers Graham Fisher
Tayforth v Kilmory
at the Meadows, Edinburgh
David Mitchell

Marine Harvest
North Division Two
Inverness v Lewis
Steven MacLachlan – noon
Beauly v Strathspey John Matheson
Lochaber v Strathglass
Alex MacVicar
Lochcarron v Kilmallie Scott McNeil

Marine Harvest
South Division Two
Oban Celtic v Glenorchy Ronnie Campbell

All throw-ups 2.30pm unless stated.


Saturday May 26
Liberty British Aluminium Balliemore Cup
second round
Kilmallie 5 v 1 Ballachulish
Inverness P v P Glasgow MA
Tie to be rescheduled
Oban Celtic 1 v 3 Fort William
Glengarry 1 v 4 Beauly

Strathdearn Cup first round
Inverness P v P Fort William
Tie to be rescheduled
Kilmallie 0 v 2 Caberfeidh
Kingussie 4 v 0 Boleskine
Lochcarron v Lochaber
Lochaber unable to field a team, walkover to Lochcarron
Lovat 1 v 5 Newtonmore
Skye 2 v 0 Kinlochshiel
Strathspey 4 v 1 Strathglass

Bullough Cup first round
Aberdour 1 v 4 Scots Caman
Glasgow MA 3 v 1 Inveraray

Marine Harvest Premiership
Kingussie 4 v 3 Lochaber
Kinlochshiel 1 v 2 Newtonmore
Lovat 3 v 0 Caberfeidh
Oban Camanachd 1 v 1 Kyles
Skye 3 v 2 Glenurquhart

Marine Harvest
South Division 1 Bute P v P Kilmory
Kilmory unable to field a team Col Glen 4 v 2 Lochside Rovers
Kyles Athletic 6 v 0 Taynuilt

Marine Harvest
South Division 2 Glenorchy 3 v 0 Oban Celtic