Shinty round-up: favourites all progress in cups

Fort William’s Padraig McNeil (left) and Lachie Shaw deal with Jack Pilcher (Caberfeidh). Fort William v Caberfeidh in the MacTavish Cup, played at An Aird, Fort William.

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

The favourites all eventually made it through to the MacTavish Cup and Glasgow Celtic Society Cup semi-finals following the shinty action on Saturday April 21. MacTavish Cup – quarter finals

Newtonmore 2
Glenurquhart 2

After extra-time. Newtonmore won 5-4 on penalties.

Holders Newtonmore suffered a scare before reaching the last four of this year’s competition with a penalty shoot-out win over Glenurquhart following their 2-2 draw at The Eilan.

Newtonmore’s absentees included the suspended Evan Menzies as well as Drew MacDonald, Paul MacArthur, Craig Ritchie and Jamie Robinson. Rory Kennedy returned to the starting line-up, whilst there was a call-up for Calum Stewart.

Glenurquhart fielded a young centre line with Fraser Heath starting in attack.

Newtonmore went in front when Glen MacKintosh beat Glenurquhart keeper Stuart MacKintosh with a rasping 35-yard shot on 38 minutes.
Glenurquhart drew level on 41 minutes when Fraser Heath scored following good play between Daniel MacKintosh and Connor Golabeck.

With no scoring in the second half, referee Calum Girvan took the tie into extra-time.

Fraser Heath, who looked to be back to his best form, put Glenurquhart in front with a half-volley on 107 minutes.

Glenurquhart were just a couple of minutes away from a place in the next round when Glen MacKintosh made it 2-2 following a goalmouth scramble and the ball may even have taken a slight deflection as it rose high into the net.

The sides were still level after the first ten penalties, so the shoot-out went to sudden death. Iain Robinson scored the winning penalty that sent Newtonmore through to the last four of the competition.

Skye Camanachd 1
Lovat 2

Two first half goals helped Lovat edge out Skye Camanachd 2-1 in their 3pm throw-up at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.

Skye manager John MacLeod was still without the injured Iain Nicolson. Ruaraidh MacLeod also missed out after suffering a knock when playing for the club’s U17 side during the week and Stewart Grant was working.

Lovat boss Fraser Gallacher was minus Scott MacKenzie and Chris Johnston whilst Thomas Fraser was a late call-off. Duncan Davidson started on the bench alongside Jamie Buchan.

Skye opened well but it was Lovat who took the lead following their first real attack on five minutes. Callum Cruden launched a high free-hit forward. Marc MacLachlan’s shot was deflected into the path of Lewis Tawse who made it 1-0.

Skye suffered a blow when they lost full back Ally MacDonald with what looked like a serious knee injury, so Will Cowie came back into defence with Ross Gordon coming off the bench.

Kingussie doubled their lead on 41 minutes when Marc MacLachlan used his strength to hold off a defender and keeper and force the ball home to make it 2-0 at half-time.

Skye rallied in the second half and pulled a goal back with 10 minutes remaining. Iain MacLellan released Martin Pringle down the Skye left and, with his first touch of the ball after coming on as a substitute, Pringle cut the ball back for Jordan Murchison, who lost his marker at the edge of the D, and he made no mistake, scoring his third goal in two games.

Lovat’s best players were at the back, particularly Drew Howie, with the whole defensive unit, also including Daniel Grieve, Mark Kelly and Callum Cruden, working tirelessly to frustrate Skye.

Will Cowie was best for Skye, with Danny Morrison and Kenny Campbell also doing well in midfield.

Fort William 0
Caberfeidh 5

Fort William were the only side from outwith shinty’s top flight to reach the quarter-finals but they went down 5-0 to a slick Caberfeidh side in their 3pm throw-up at An Aird.

Fort William were without Arran MacPhee and Sean Cruickshank started on the bench.

Caberfeidh had players back from the side which lost to Lochaber in the league the previous week but Ryan MacKay was unavailable as he completed a two-match suspension.

Caberfeidh also had Martin MacDonald back, but the match was only a minute old when he required treatment for an eye injury. From the re-start in the Caberfeidh half, the ball fell to Blair Morrison who struck a fine clearance to the left wing forward area where Kevin Bartlett found Craig Morrison who unleashed a powerful shot into keeper Paul MacKay’s bottom left-hand corner of the net.

Both teams settled and Fort William should have equalised when JD MacMaster had a chance from close range but he sent his effort over the bar.

The home defence played well for the next 25 minutes but a Sean Cameron mistake saw Kevin Bartlett unmarked near the ‘D’ and he was found by Craig Morrison. Bartlett had time to pick his spot before blasting the ball home.

Caberfeidh’s Colin MacLennan cracked a shot off the bar before his team got a third on 39 minutes with an almost carbon copy of their second goal. The Bartlett – Morrison combination worked well again as Kevin Bartlett slipped the ball into an empty space where Craig Morrison had time to push the ball into the net from close range.

The second half was again mostly all Caberfeidh and on 56 minutes a fine ball from full centre Ally MacLennan found Kevin Bartlett on the right side and he turned his marker before placing the ball low past the keeper.
Graham Campbell had a chance to pull a goal back but his shot went wide of the post.

Kevin Bartlett completed his hat-trick on 70 minutes when he drilled a shot into the net from 20 yards.

Caberfeidh’s Jamie Matheson came off the bench but, worryingly for boss Jodi Gorski, he limped off with what looked like a recurrence of a hamstring injury which had troubled him in recent weeks.

There were no bookings issued by referee John Angus Gillies and Calum Shepherd and Lachie Shaw did well for Fort William in midfield with Graham Campbell working tirelessly up front.

Blair Morrison shone for Caberfeidh, clearing everything in defence. Ally MacLennan had a good game and man of the match Kevin Bartlett was at his best up front.

Fort William’s JD McMaster battles for the ball during the Mactavish Cup match against Caberfeidh at An Aird. Photograph: Abrightside Photography.

Kinlochshiel 7
Lochaber 2

Kinlochshiel found safe passage to the semi-finals with a 7-2 victory over Lochaber at Kirkton.

Kinlochshiel had Scott Kennedy back in goals, whilst Lochaber’s Brian MacDonald was free to play. He will miss this Saturday’s match against Lovat at Spean Bridge though as he serves a one-match ban for passing through the disciplinary points threshold.

Kinlochshiel took the lead through John MacRae on 28 minutes.
Keith MacRae added a second a couple of minutes later and made it 3-0 with four first half minutes to go.

Stuart Callison gave Lochaber hope with a goal on the stroke of half-time to make it 3-1 at the break.

There was a quick exchange of goals as Keith MacRae completed his hat-trick on 50 minutes, only for Shaun Nicolson to make it 4-2 a couple of minutes later. Ali Nixon restored Kinlochshiel’s three-goal cushion when he made it 5-2 on 54 minutes.

Ali Nixon got his second on the hour, whilst the impressive John MacRae did likewise with eight minutes remaining.

The winning margin may have flattered Kinlochshiel but they are the form team ahead of Thursday’s semi-final draw.

Glasgow Celtic Society Cup – quarter finals

Oban Camanachd 9
Ballachulish 0

Oban Camanachd were too strong for Ballachulish, from two divisions below, running out 9-0 winners at Mossfield.

Oban Camanachd’s Daniel Sloss was banned for this one but Daniel Cameron returned following his suspension and David Lafferty also returned.

Ballachulish’s Connor MacGregor was free of a two match ban and the visitors travelled with just 13 players.

Oban Camanachd took the lead after just 45 seconds. The hosts worked the ball forward from the throw-up and, following a goalmouth melee, Daniel Cameron tapped in from close range.

Daniel MacVicar on five minutes, Andrew MacCuish on 10 minutes and Craig MacDougall a couple of minutes later made it 4-0, with all three goals bagged from close in.

Andrew MacCuish got his second a minute after the re-start and completed his hat-trick a couple of minutes later with a fine, looping 30-yard shot.
Daniel Cameron got his second on 51 minutes when he sent a rocket shot high into the roof of the net from a tight angle.

Craig MacDougall added an eighth with his second goal on 75 minutes and Daniel MacCuish made it 9-0 on 77 minutes with the last two goals again netted from close range.

Oban Camanachd manager Iain Hay reflected on the match saying: ‘We were on a hiding to nothing really as everyone expected us to win the game. I thought things got a bit congested in the first half so we changed formation to a diamond in the second half and that helped spread the play.

‘We are off to league leaders Kinlochshiel this Saturday in a re-arranged match which will be difficult. We’ll still be without Daniel Sloss but Willie Neilson should be available.’

Ally Clarke, Ballachulish, and Oban Camanachd’s Daniel MacVicar fight for the ball during the Celtic Society Cup match at Mossfield. Photograph: Kevin McGlynn.

Col Glen 0
Inveraray 7

Inveraray ran out 7-0 victors over Col Glen at Glendaruel.
Inveraray were without Nicholas Crawford, whilst Col Glen had to do without Sandy Paterson, Jamie MacVicar, Donnie McDermid and Connor Kennedy.

Allan MacDonald gave Inveraray the lead after 28 minutes and Lewis MacNicol added a second. Fraser Watt and Allan MacDonald again made it 4-0.

Three quick goals put gloss on the win. Fraser Watt got his second before Craig Taylor made it 6-0.

Fraser Watt completed his hat-trick, adding Inveraray’s seventh with the final tally harsh on a battling Col Glen side.

Inveraray now travel to Mossfield to play Oban Camanachd in the semi-final on Saturday May 19.

Bute 1
Glasgow Mid Argyll 6

Four first half goals helped Glasgow Mid Argyll beat Bute in their 3pm throw-up at The Meadows.

Innes MacMillan gave GMA the lead on seven minutes, but John MacCallum made it 1-1 on 20 minutes.

Bute only stayed level for 60 seconds though as top scorer Craig Anderson put GMA back in front.

Seb MacMillan on 33 minutes and a second from Innes MacMillan on 41 minutes made it 4-1 at the turnaround.

GMA emphasised their higher league status as a second from Craig Anderson on 69 minutes and a Calum Mclay goal four minutes later rounded off the 6-1 triumph.

Kyles Athletic W/O
v Tayforth

Glasgow Celtic Society Cup holders Kyles Athletic were given a bye into the semi-finals, where they will travel to Glasgow Mid Argyll, after Marine Harvest South Division 1 forfeited their tie at Tighnabruaich.

This allowed Kyles to play a re-arranged league match against Kingussie at The Dell.

Marine Harvest Premiership

Kingussie 1
Kyles Athletic 3

Kyles Athletic cut Kinlochshiel’s lead at the top of the Marine Harvest Premiership to a point following their 3-1 win over Kingussie in a 3pm throw-up at The Dell.

James Hutchison returned for the Kingussie but injury continued to rule out Lee Bain and Louis Munro, whilst Ryan MacWilliam was banned.

Kyles Athletic keeper John Whyte showed no ill effects following his return from an ankle injury the previous week, so he continued in goal.

Roddy MacDonald opened the scoring on 14 minutes when he took down a Dunkie Kerr corner from the right before beating keeper Craig Dawson with a deft finish from close range.

Kyles got a crucial second goal on the stroke of half-time when Roddy MacDonald pushed the ball home from close range after Colin MacDonald had taken the ball by the keeper.

Ruaridh Anderson got the Kingussie back in the game on 79 minutes when he sent a powerful shot inside the keeper’s right post following a well-struck shy from the Kingussie right.

Kyles clinched the win with five minutes remaining. A long Callum Miller free-hit sent Scott MacDonald racing down the inside left channel and he sent the ball low into the net to make it 3-1.

Kyles now only trail table toppers Kinlochshiel by a point, although the league leaders have a game in hand.

Marine Harvest National Division

Kilmallie 4
Oban Celtic 3

Kilmallie go top of shinty’s second tier after eventually beating Oban Celtic 4-3 in a thrilling match at The Canal Parks.

Kilmallie’s Innes Blackhall was free of a two-match ban and Liam MacDonald started on the bench.

Oban Celtic were missing Iain MacKechnie, Rory Bruce, Kieran Gallacher and Daniel MacMillan but Neil Carmichael returned.

Kilmallie looked to have taken an early grip of the game, getting themselves 2-0 in front.

Innes Blackwell opened the scoring on 22 minutes, forcing the ball home following a goalmouth scramble, and an absolute peach of a Michael Rodger shot from a very tight angle made it 2-0 on 32 minutes.

With Iain MacFarlane again doing well in goals, Oban Celtic looked to have been dealt a blow when Ally McKerracher suffered a hit on the knee so manager Kenny Wotherspoon moved him to full forward with Neil Carmichael going to centre. Both players did well in their new positions.
Oban Celtic pulled a goal back on 36 minutes when Ally McKerracher flicked the ball to Daniel Madej who scored with his shot going low to the keeper’s right.

Ally McKerracher then turned scorer when he made it 2-2 a minute into the second half with a low drive on the run which beat Kilmallie goalie Shane Gillies. Celtic turned the match on its head when Ross MacMillan made it 3-2 following a goalmouth scramble three minutes later.

Oban Celtic then faced a Kilmallie onslaught. The visiting defence were very good but Michael Rodger found the back of the net with a low drive on 52 minutes, his second goal of the game, to make it 3-3.

Kilmallie manager Mark MacPherson sent on Liam MacDonald and he scored what proved to be the winning goal on 65 minutes. MacDonald’s shot on the turn crashed into the roof of the net.

After the match, Oban Celtic manager Kenny Wotherspoon said: ‘There are a lot of positives to take from the game. We played Kilmallie last year in a friendly match and suffered a 7-1 defeat.

‘This close encounter is just another sign that we are heading in the right direction. It was a great game for the neutral and I’m proud of our boys. They could have thrown the towel in at 2-0 but they didn’t. They fought back and made a game of it and I thought we were very unlucky not to take something from a strong and physical Kilmallie side.’

Inverness 3
Strathglass 1

Inverness recorded their second league win of the season, after two late goals saw off bottom side Strathglass 3-1 at The Bught Park.
James MacKenzie put Inverness ahead on 32 minutes with the only goal of the first half.

Scot Douglas got Strathglass back on level terms on 55 minutes and that’s the way it stayed until three minutes from time.

Charlie MacDonald put Inverness back in front on 87 minutes and James Cameron sealed the win on the stroke of full time.

Marine Harvest North Division 1

Skye Camanachd 1
Newtonmore 2

The top two in North 1 met in a noon throw-up at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.
Kenny MacLeod’s Skye side were without Allan MacLeod who was called up to cover first team absentees.

Orsten Gardiner travelled without Calum Stewart, who was also on first team duty, but was able to call on Danny MacRae who played for the first time this season.

Newtonmore pegged Skye back for the opening quarter of the game but all they had to show for their efforts was a Danny MacRae goal after 16 minutes. The former Scotland forward hammered the ball home from wide on the left, into the net off the far post.

An unlikely Skye equaliser came on 33 minutes with Ross Gordon scoring following a David MacInnes free-hit.

Late in the first half, Skye keeper Ryan Morrison had to dash from his line to thwart an on-rushing Danny MacRae, who had earlier hit the crossbar.
Newtonmore regained the lead 10 minutes after the re-start when substitute David Fraser scored. Ryan Morrison had made a save but Danny MacRae, on the Newtonmore left, resisted the temptation to shoot goalwards, instead playing a measured pass to an unmarked Fraser who rolled the ball into the empty net.

Skye’s Angie MacDonald had a late effort ruled out for a push and Newtonmore did just enough to earn the win.

The Newtonmore seconds went into the match with a three point lead at the top of the table and they are now four points better off than second-placed Glengarry who have a game in hand.

Kingussie 0
Fort William 0

The Kingussie reserves and the Fort William reserves shared the points following their 0-0 draw in their noon throw-up at The Dell.

Glengarry 5
Kinlochshiel 0

Glengarry beat the Kinlochshiel colts 5-0 at Craigard.

Glengarry raced into an early 3-0 advantage through Nick Dalgety’s double on 15 and 17 minutes and George Henderson’s strike on 19 minutes.

When Nick Dalgety completed his hat-trick on 32 minutes, there was only going to be one winner.

Kenneth Henderson made it 5-0 with 57 minutes on the clock.
The win means Glengarry regain second place in the division from Skye.

Glenurquhart 1
Aberdeen University 6

Aberdeen University were 6-1 winners against the Glenurquhart second team in their noon throw-up at Blairbeg.

Glenurquhart took the lead on 20 minutes through Ross MacAulay.
Gregor Cushnie levelled a minute later and Alex Duncan made it 2-1 on 23 minutes.

Gregor Cushnie got his second on 37 minutes and the students led 3-1 at the break.

Glenurquhart, who are without injured full back Paul MacKintosh, were finding Aberdeen full forward Gregor Cushnie a handful and the former Lochcarron player took his tally to four goals with strikes on 67 and 70 minutes.

Alex Duncan got his second with five minutes remaining to make it 6-1.

Marine Harvest South Division 1

Kilmory 1
Kyles Athletic 3

The Kyles Athletic second team go a couple of points clear at the top of Marine Harvest South Division 1 after they beat Kilmory 3-1 in a match reversed to MacRae Park.

Kilmory duo Bruce Johnstone and Andy Cunningham both served one-match-bans.

Kyles Athletic’s Chris Blair started a two-match suspension following his red card against Taynuilt a week earlier.

Kyles Athletic’s Sandy MacKenzie on 16 minutes and Luke Thornton four minutes later gave the visitors a 2-0 lead in this 2pm throw-up.
Sandy MacKenzie got his second on 85 minutes.

Steven Gilmour pulled a goal back a couple of minutes later but the Tighnabruaich men took the points.

The match also marked referee Ross Brown’s return from injury.

Taynuilt 1
Lochside Rovers 1

Taynuilt and Lochside Rovers couldn’t be separated, drawing 1-1 at Taynuilt Sports Field.

Taynuilt went into the game without full backs Alec Dunnings and James MacLaren, who were both unavailable.

Lochside lost three players, including Evan MacLellan, to senior side Oban Camanachd, so Ewen Logan and manager Gareth Evans were their only substitutes.

Ewen MacCorquodale has just joined Lochside from Taynuilt but the clubs agreed he wouldn’t play in this match against his former club.
Lochside created a scoring chance following a free-hit on 20 minutes but it came to nothing.

Lewis Buchanan gave the Oban side the lead a minute later. A terrific Scott Robertson shy from the centre line was taken out of the air by Michael MacQueen who found Lewis Buchanan who, having run off his marker, he drove a 30-yard shot into the net.

Lewis Buchanan and Michael MacQueen linked up well and with keeper Brian Logan coming off his line, MacQueen sent his effort the wrong side of the post.

Lochside had chances during the first 45 minutes but they weren’t clear-cut.

Taynuilt came back into the match during the final 10 minutes of the half and Lochside had keeper Brian MacCallum to thank for a good save.
Taynuilt substitute Mark Bergant got his side level four minutes into the second half. Bergant’s 30-yard shot from wide on the left flew into the opposite top corner of the net for a great goal.

Lochside pressed to regain the lead but Taynuilt looked the hungrier side.
Best for Lochside were Graham Morrice, full back Josh Rippon and forwards Lewis Buchanan and Ross Campbell.

Taynuilt were well-served by Steven Parr and Stephen Campbell.
The sides also contested the JC Trophy, played in memory of John Cameron who played for Taynuilt and Oban Camanachd.

With the match finishing 1-1, the teams agreed on a penalty shoot-out to decide the winner. The penalties were almost all of the highest standard and Lochside ran out 4-3 winners.

Their keeper Brian MacCallum, who himself scored from the spot, saved from Liam Higgins and Josh Rippon stepped up to net the winning penalty.
John’s father Dougie Cameron presented the trophy to Lochside captain Craig Easton.

Speaking after the game, Lochside Rovers boss Gareth Evans said: ‘After such a good performance against Tayforth the week before, this was the polar opposite.

‘It was a frustrating first half. We made changes at the break but they didn’t have the desired effect. We are away to Kilmory in the league and at home to Kyles Athletic in the Sutherland Cup over the next two Saturdays so I’ll be looking for a marked improvement in these games.’

Inveraray 1
Aberdour 1

A Ruaridh Reid goal a minute from time earned the Inveraray colts a 1-1 draw following their 12.30pm throw-up at The Winterton.

Inveraray’s Kieran Kirkhope started a two-match suspension.
Aberdour started well and had a first half goal disallowed.

Inveraray took the lead five minutes before the break through Rhys Williams.

Aberdour got a deserved point a minute from time when Ruaridh Reid netted.

A late flare-up resulted in Inveraray’s Scott Robertson being shown a red carded by referee Ted McDonald.

Marine Harvest North Division 2

Beauly 1
Lochcarron 1

It was honours even between the Beauly seconds and Lochcarron at Braeview Park.

Daniel Lamont put Beauly in front a couple of minutes before the interval.
It stayed that way until nine minutes from time when Andrew Ford scored to make it 1-1 and earn Lochcarron a point.

With the Caberfeidh second team not in action, the point took Lochcarron to the top of the table.

Lochaber 7
Lewis Camanachd 1

The Lochaber reserves were 7-1 winners against Lewis Camanachd in their 1.15pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.

Ben Delaney scored four times for Lochaber, whilst Max Campbell, Lachlan Campbell and Rolands Freimanis got the others for John Fraser’s side.
Crisdean Macrae bagged a consolation strike for Lewis.

The win lifts Lochaber to fourth in the division.

Boleskine 2
Kilmallie 2

Boleskine came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with the Kilmallie seconds at Smith Park.

Kilmallie’s Stuart Ross was free of a one-match ban.

Kilmallie led 2-0 at the break with Pater McIntyre netting after 15 and 24 minutes.

Boleskine’s Hamish Stoddart pulled a goal back after 53 minutes and the equaliser came 10 minutes from time when Duncan MacPherson scored.

Kilmallie’s Craig MacIsaac, centre, gets away from Boleskine’s Ewen MacKinnon and Steve Bone.
Photograph: Donald Cameron.

Lovat 12
Inverness 0

The Lovat second team continued their free-scoring run with a 12-0 victory over the Inverness second team at Balgate.

Having scored 23 goals in their last three matches, including an 11-0 Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup victory over the Inverness seconds a fortnight earlier, Lovat were favourites in this one.

Martin Mainland returned from injury to line-up for Lovat and they went in front on 16 minutes through Ryan Ferguson.

Raymond Rennie scored on 20 and 35 minutes, either side of a 25th minute Cameron MacMillan strike.

Two goals on the stroke of half-time from Graeme MacMillan and Ryan Ferguson made it 6-0 at the break.

Lovat continued to dominate and Cameron MacMillan got his second on 52 minutes.

A second from Graeme MacMillan on 58 minutes and a hat-trick goal from Ryan Ferguson on 65 minutes made it 9-0.

Raymond Rennie took his tally to four goals with two quick-fire efforts on 68 and 69 minutes.

Graeme MacMillan completed his hat-trick with eight minutes remaining to complete Lovat’s dozen.

Lovat now climb to second in the division.

Strathspey Camanachd 0
Strathglass 0

Strathspey Camanachd and the Strathglass colts shared the points in a 0-0 draw in their 1.30pm throw-up at Grantown Grammar School.
Strathspey’s Stuart Sloss was available again following suspension.

Marine Harvest South Division 2

Oban Celtic 0
Strachur 2

Strachur stay top of the league after they beat the Oban Celtic seconds 2-0 at Ganavan.

Strachur’s Iain MacLennan scored the only goal of the first half after 20 minutes and Steven Bulloch added a second 10 minutes from time.

This was only Oban Celtic’s second fixture of the season so far and they showed up well against the league leaders.

Bute 0
Glenorchy 5

Glenorchy stay second after they defeated the Bute colts 5-0 in their noon throw-up at The Meadows.

John Sartain, a Conor Sartain hat-trick and Iain Livingstone counted for the visitors.

Aberdour 1
Glasgow Mid Argyll 5

The Glasgow Mid Argyll colts returned from Silversands with both points after beating the Aberdour colts 5-1.

Brandon Marshall scored for the hosts but a brace from Angus MacInnes and strikes from Connor MacLeod, Ross Fraser and Graeme Love gave GMA the win.

WCA round-up

Skye Camanachd and Badenoch were top flight winners following the Women’s Camanachd Association action on Sunday April 22.


Marine Harvest National Division 1

Lochaber 1
Skye Camanachd 7

Champions Skye and Lochaber contested a title race to the end last year and the teams met for the first time this season in a 1pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.

Lochaber’s only blemish this term was a forfeited match against Fort William in which they fielded an ineligible player.

Skye went into the game on the back of three wins in which they’d scored a stunning 47 goals. And despite Natalie MacDonald scoring for the hosts, a Lorna MacRae hat-trick and doubles from Caitlin MacLean and Jenna Beaton gave Skye a 7-1 win.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 0
Badenoch 5

Badenoch maintained their title push with a 5-0 win over Glasgow Mid Argyll in their 12.30pm throw-up at Yoker.

Zoe Reid scored twice, whilst Eilidh Ross, Mairi Stewart and Roma Fraser got the others.

Strathspey 4
Fort William 0

Strathspey beat Fort William 4-0 in their 1pm throw-up at Grantown Grammar School.

Karen Hodges, Beth Rodgers, Jessica Hart and Jane Moodie got the goals.

Aberdour 5
Ardnamurchan 0

Aberdour beat Ardnamurchan 5-0 in their 1pm throw-up at Silversands.
Katie Booth scored four times, with Rosie Mulligan getting the other.

Marine Harvest Challenge Cup

Oban Lorn 2
Inverness 6

Inverness were 6-2 winners against Oban Lorn at a wet Ganavan. Julie Campbell got both Oban goals, but Emma MacLennan grabbed a hat-trick, Katie MacMillan netted twice and Macy Mercer got the other to give Inverness victory.

Lovat 4
Glengarry 3

Lovat edged out Glengarry 4-3 in an exciting tie at Balgate.
Two goals from Paige MacDonald and strikes from Fiona Urquhart and Holli Cameron cancelled out efforts from Leona Falconer, Elaine Cameron and Joanne Gillanders.

Cowal & Bute 0
Glenurquhart 14

Glenurquhart were too strong for Cowal & Bute, winning 14-0 at Strachurmore.

Hazel Hunter was Glenurquhart’s top scorer with six goals whilst Donna MacKenzie grabbed a hat-trick. Ishbel Barr bagged a double, whilst Shauna Aris, Claire Hannon and Laura Stoddart also netted.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 1
Kinlochshiel 1

(GMA won on penalties)
The Glasgow Mid Argyll second team edged out Kinlochshiel on penalties after the sides drew 1-1 at Yoker.

Mia Galanti scored for GMA, whilst Eilidh MacInnes netted for Kinlochshiel to force a penalty shoot-out which GMA won.

Skye Camanachd W/O
v Dunadd
Skye Camanachd’s second team were given a walk-over when Dunadd were unable to play their tie at Skeabost in the only match scheduled for Saturday April 21.