Debut boy Marc KOs Camanachd with last-gasp goal

Drew Howie (Lovat) and Daniel Cameron (Oban). Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi final, Lovat v Oban Camanachd, played at An Aird, Fort William.

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

LOVAT are through to the Tulloch Homes Camanachd cup Final, the Kingussie second team won the Strathdearn Cup and Kyles Athletic top the Marine Harvest Premiership on goal difference following the shinty action on Saturday August 12.LOVAT are through to the Tulloch Homes Camanachd cup Final, the Kingussie second team won the Strathdearn Cup and Kyles Athletic top the Marine Harvest Premiership on goal difference following the shinty action on Saturday August 12.
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup  semi finalOban Camanachd 1Lovat 2Lovat are through to the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup Final after an injury-time Marc MacLachlan strike gave them a 2-1 victory over Oban Camanachd in their 4pm throw-up at An Aird.Oban Camanachd manager Iain Hay welcomed Garry Lord back into his side following suspension but the tie came too soon for injured pair Daniel MacVicar and Matt Rippon, although the former is back in training. Daniel Cameron started at full forward with youngsters Daniel MacCuish, Lewis Buchanan and Evan MacLellan joining reserve keeper Cameron Sutherland on the bench. Injury ruled out Lovat’s Scott MacKenzie, whilst Lorne MacKay started a two-match suspension for passing through the disciplinary points threshold. Marc MacLachlan, recently signed from Beauly, was given a debut at full forward, whilst Duncan Davidson, who rejoined the club after a spell with Bute, was one of the substitutes. Lovat played with the blustery wind in the first half, however, Oban Camanachd enjoyed the early pressure with a Malcolm Clark shot going narrowly wide. Lovat passed up a great chance on 10 minutes when Lewis Tawse swept a Calum MacAulay pass into the path of Marc MacLachlan, but he lifted the ball over the bar.Daniel Grieve was the first player to be booked for challenging Daniel Cameron after the Lovat defender had dropped his caman.Scott McKillop fell awkwardly after chasing a wide ball with Greg Matheson and seemed to twist his knee but continued after treatment.Malcolm Clark drilled a strike over and Greg Matheson shot wide at the other end as the contest reached the midway point in the first half. Lorne Dickie needed patching up after Callum Cruden’s caman caught him on the forehead. Malcolm Clark tugged the ball wide after a neat move on the Oban left and Gavin Stobbart turned away a Greg Matheson shot following a Lewis Tawse free-hit. Gary McKerracher was booked for playing on after dropping his caman with five first half minutes remaining.In a half of few attempts on target, Greg Matheson turned and drove a shot wide of Gavin Stobbart’s right post. Scott McKillop went down in a challenge during first half stoppage time and was replaced by Daniel MacCuish, with Willie Neilson dropping back into defence. Oban Camanachd finished the half on the attack and edged the first 45 minutes. Malcolm Clark forced a good Stuart MacDonald save with a low shot a couple of minutes after the restart.  Stuart MacDonald then made an even better save, throwing himself to his right to parry a fierce Daniel Cameron effort. And Aidan MacIntyre stabbed the ball past the post from inside the ‘D’ following the resultant corner. A determined Andrew MacCuish run ended with the ball forced out for a corner and Oban Camanachd were on the ascendancy. Lovat made their first change as Calum MacAulay came off with Duncan Davidson taking over. Lewis Tawse dropped back into midfield. Oban Camanachd’s Garry Lord picked up what was to prove to be a costly booking on the hour mark. Referee Deek Cameron blew for a foul when Lord pushed Greg Matheson in the back. However, with Matheson on the ground, Lord struck the ball after the whistle had gone, hitting the Lovat forward. Oban Camanachd went back on the attack and Stuart MacDonald got his hand to an Andrew MacCuish shot. Referee Cameron took the sensible option, speaking to Drew Howie and Daniel Cameron following an off-the-ball tussle.  A rare Lovat attack saw Gavin Stobbart save with his feet from Duncan Davidson but the shot lacked power. A lovely Oban Camanachd passing move saw Daniel MacCuish run onto an Andrew MacCuish flick but Stuart MacDonald was quickly off his line to smother the danger at the edge of the ‘D’.Marc MacLachlan set up Danny Kelly but his shot from a central position whistled past Stobbart’s right post.  Oban Camanachd seemed the more likely to score and they did just that following a disputed free-hit on 73 minutes. Andrew MacCuish played the ball back to Daniel Cameron and MacCuish held off Drew Howie at the edge of the ‘D’ as he took a return pass before beating keeper MacDonald, low at his right post. Scott MacMillan was booked for bringing down Duncan Davidson and although Marc MacLachlan fired the loose ball into the net, the referee’s whistle had already gone. The incident set off a series of events which would see the roof fall in on Oban Camanachd. The ball from the free-hit went wide to Greg Matheson on the Lovat left and Garry Lord blocked Matheson’s initial effort but lost his stick in the process. When Lord continued to play on without his stick, attempting to get in the way of Matheson’s shot at goal, referee Deek Cameron had no option but to flash a second yellow card and Oban Camanachd would have to play the final 15 minutes a man down. Daniel Cameron dropped back into defence and Oban Camanachd played with three forwards.When the resultant free-hit was eventually taken, Greg Matheson ran across goal to get on the end of Marc MacLachlan’s short pass and, on his back-hand, Matheson crashed the ball into the roof of the net to make it 1-1 with 77 minutes played.    Gavin Stobbart escaped a booking for getting involved in the play at the edge of the ‘D’ after dropping his stick and Danny Kelly went close from a similar Marc MacLachlan free-hit to the one that set up the Lovat goal.    Lovat now had their tails up but Oban Camanachd took the chance to regroup when there was a break in play to allow Martin Mainland to be treated for a head knock with Bailey MacKay coming on in his place.  An Oban Camanachd break-away saw Andrew MacCuish get free of Drew Howie but McCuish was hauled back as he made for goal, an act which earned Howie a yellow card. With three minutes of extra-time played, and extra-time looming, Lovat launched one final attack on the Oban Camanachd goal. Ryan Ferguson’s long ball into the goal area from the left of the Lovat midfield caused problems for the Oban defence who struggled to clear their lines and Lovat forward Danny Kelly showed great awareness, picking out Marc MacLachlan who had found a yard of space at the left of the ‘D’ and MacLachlan gave the keeper no chance as he tucked the ball low into the net, beating Stobbart at his right side. 2015 Camanachd Cup winners Lovat knew they were in the final again and referee Cameron blew for time seconds after the restart.Lovat’s Craig Mainland was selected as man of the match by BBC Alba pundit Garry Reid. On another day, it could have been Oban Camanachd who were looking forward to a second consecutive Camanachd Cup appearance and with 15 minutes remaining, it looked as if that would happen. However the Lovat forward line can never be discounted. Greg Matheson played a captain’s role and Marc MacLachlan has given Fraser Gallacher’s side an added dimension and, with Lorne MacKay and Scott MacKenzie still to return, there will be competition for places ahead of next month’s final.
Strathdearn        Cup finalNewtonmore 2Kingussie 4The Kingussie colts won the Strathdearn Cup, beating their Newtonmore counter-parts 4-2 in their 3pm throw-up at The Eilan.The venue was decided by the toss of a coin to guarantee a large local support. Newtonmore’s Cameron McNiven, who scored three times against Glengarry in the semi-finals, missed out through suspension. Kingussie fielded a young side with veterans Kevin Thain and Rory Fraser unused substitutes.Kingussie had the wind advantage in what was a largely uneventful first half. Roddy Young gave them the lead on 21 minutes and Ruaridh Anderson made it 2-0 on 28 minutes.The second half was action-packed as play raged from end to end. Newtonmore reduced the deficit a minute after the restart when John MacKenzie scored. However, James Falconer restored Kingussie’s two-goal advantage on 72 minutes. Craig MacLeod made it 3-2 on 79 minutes but a second from Roddy Young on 83 minutes completed the 4-2 win.Kingussie captain Sorley Fraser lifted the trophy. Scott McNeil was the match referee.
Marine Harvest PremiershipKyles Athletic 7Glenurquhart 0 Kyles Athletic go top of the Marine Harvest Premiership on goal difference after beating Glenurquhart 7-0 in their 3pm throw-up at Tighnabruaich. Glenurquhart journeyed south without the suspended John Barr and Andrew Corrigan. Barr started a three-match ban so he won’t be available again until Glenurquhart’s final match of the season against Kinlochshiel at Kirkton, whilst Corrigan served a one-game ban for passing through the disciplinary points threshold. Glenurquhart’s other absentees included Fraser Heath who hasn’t played since being accepted to join the Marines.  Grant Irvine gave Kyles the lead on 17 minutes and Glenurquhart’s task became harder when referee Graham Cameron red-carded defender Lachie Smith with 20 minutes played. Kyles took advantage and Roddy MacDonald on 23 minutes and a second from Grant Irvine on 33 minutes made it 3-0 at the break. Roddy MacDonald got his second three minutes after the re-start and completed his hat-trick on 68 minutes. Dunkie Kerr made it 6-0 on 71 minutes and Grant Irvine completed his hat-trick, making it 7-0 with nine minutes remaining. With only three league matches remaining, Glenurquhart are now only a point off the relegation zone and will be keen to add to their points tally starting with this weekend’s home match against Oban Camanachd.  They finish their season with a home meeting with Glasgow Mid Argyll before travelling to Kirkton to play Kinlochshiel.
Newtonmore 4Glasgow Mid Argyll 2  Newtonmore came from two goals down to beat Glasgow Mid Argyll 4-2 in their noon throw-up at The Eilan.Drew MacDonald and Chris Sellar remained on the Newtonmore injury list.GMA’s Mark Bain was free of suspension, but John Don MacKenzie was on holiday.Jamie MacFadyen gave GMA the lead on 23 minutes with the only goal of the first half. When Mark Bain made it 2-0 on 52 minutes, a shock result looked a possibility.However, for that to happen, the Glasgow side could have done with holding their two-goal advantage for a bit longer than the 60 seconds it took Newtonmore’s Jamie Robinson to pull a goal back. When Glen MacKintosh made it 2-2 on 63 minutes it looked as if normal service had been resumed.However it took Newtonmore until 10 minutes from time before they finally went in front, with Evan Menzies getting the goal. Iain Robinson made it 4-2 a minute from time. Newtonmore remain four points off the top of the table with five league games remaining but their attentions will now turn to this weekend’s Artemis Macaulay Cup Final against Kyles Athletic at Mossfield. The GMA performance will give their players confidence ahead of the final games of the season as they battle to beat the drop, beginning with a trip to Kirkton to face Kinlochshiel this Saturday.
Kilmallie 3Lochaber 2 Kilmallie collected two valuable points when they beat Lochaber 3-2 in their 1pm throw-up at Canal Parks.This was a relegation four-pointer and it was an even game throughout. Kilmallie went in front on the half-hour mark when Daniel Stewart sent a great strike into the bottom corner of the net. There was more to come from Kilmallie and Michael Rodger made it 2-0 with a good finish into the top corner of the goal. Lochaber came back into it though and a quick-fire Neil MacDonald double on 58 and 59 minutes made it 2-2. Lochaber knew that a win would probably guarantee their top flight status for another season and they pushed for a winner. However the deciding goal came at the other end when referee Archie Ritchie penalised a ‘kick’ inside the ‘D’ and awarded the hosts a penalty. Michael Rodger kept his cool and thumped the penalty into the roof of the net to make it 3-2.This was a huge win for Kilmallie and they are now only a point behind eighth-placed Glenurquhart with a game in hand. Lochaber have two league games remaining – at home to Lovat and Newtonmore – and are just two points off the drop zone. Marine Harvest National Division Inverness 0 Skye Camanachd 2Skye Camanachd extended their lead at the top of the Marine Harvest National Division following their 2-0 win over Inverness at The Bught Park.Inverness absentees included the injured Kenneth Loades and the suspended David Campbell but there were places for former Skye players Ian Munro, Somhairle MacDonald and Dougie Rankin. The latter took to the field 30 years to the day since he played his first senior shinty match and it was fitting that Skye, one of his former clubs, would provide the opposition.  Iain Nicolson returned for Skye and started on the bench. Will Cowie gave Skye the lead on 15 minutes when he got on the end of Iain MacLellan’s cross-come-shot and took a touch around keeper Ian Munro before steering the ball into the net. The Skye centre line struggled to get into their usual rhythm in the first half but manager Willie Cowie moved John Gillies into a midfield role with five first half minutes remaining and the switch made a difference. Iain MacLellan made it 2-0 on 57 minutes with a low finish into bottom corner of the net. Skye’s James Pringle had a goal rued out by referee Calum Girvan as Will Cowie was offside after he’d put a block in on Inverness keeper Ian Munro. Next up for Skye is title rivals Fort William’s visit to Pairc nan Laoch, Portree, this Saturday.Inveraray 2Caberfeidh 0 Inveraray boosted their promotion chances with a 2-0 win over Caberfeidh at The Winterton.Inveraray’s Allan MacDonald was free of his two-match ban, but John Kennedy was at a wedding and Garry MacPherson and Ally MacDonald were also missing. Caberfeidh’s Martin MacDonald started a four-match suspension following his red card against Oban Celtic at the end of July. Caberfeidh’s journey south was delayed by an hour as they were held up in road works at Fort William.Lewis MacNicol opened the scoring on 33 minutes and Inveraray took their 1-0 advantage into the break.To the delight of the home support, Lewis MacNicol got his second to make it 2-0 on 73 minutes. The victory leaves Inveraray five points off a promotion place but they have two games in hand over second placed Caberfeidh. Caberfeidh now trail league leaders Skye by three points. Caberfeidh and Inveraray are scheduled to meet in the league at Castle Leod this Saturday.
Strathglass 0 Fort William 1Fort William bounced back, putting the previous weekend’s defeat to Inveraray behind them, to beat Strathglass 1-0 in their 3pm throw-up at Cannich. Strathglass were without Hamish Myers and Archie Wotherspoon. Fort William’s Mark Grant and Graham Campbell were free of suspension and both started. However, Scotland U17 player Lewis Clark began a four-match ban following his sending off against Inveraray the previous Saturday and Bryan Simpson and Seamus Gall were still injured. This match was a close affair and both teams passed up chances in front of goal. Both keepers – Ally MacAdams for Strathglass and Fort William’s Paul MacKay – were in top form, making outstanding saves in both halves.Fort William had a chance to take the lead on 10 minutes when the ball fell for Jack Fraser around 15 yards from goal, but he shot wide of the keeper’s left-hand post.Paul MacKay then saved a Darren Reid piledriver with 38 minutes played.The only goal of the game came on 50 minutes. A great Jack Fraser shot was brilliantly saved by Ally MacAdams. However the Strath defence were unable to clear their lines and the ball fell to Graham Campbell and, from 12 yards out, he placed the ball just inside the post to make it 1-0. Strathglass came close to a leveller but Paul Mackay pulled off a superb save from a Scott Douglas effort from 20 yards out.The game was played in good spirits but referee John Angus Gillies had to diffuse a flash-point by delivering a few stern words to Fort William’s Mark Grant and Scott Douglas from Strathglass.Strathglass substitute Colin Birnie had a chance to score in the final minute but he hit the ball wide of the post from the edge of the ‘D’.Ally MacAdams played really well in goals for Strathglass, as did Ross Balharry in midfield.Paul MacKay in the Fort William goal was outstanding and the visitors were also well-served by James Tangney at buckshee back.Fort William are five points off a promotion place with two games in hand over second -placed Caberfeidh.
Marine HarvestNorth Division 1Skye Camanachd 3Beauly 2 The Skye Camanachd second team played their final home league match of the season, beating the Beauly second team 3-2. A neat Skye move after nine minutes broke the deadlock. Martin Pringle played the ball down the middle to Shockie MacLennan and his first-time pass set up Kenny MacLeod on the Skye right who thumped the ball high into the net to make it 1-0. Skye doubled their lead on 25 minutes. Martin Pringle’s shot was saved by Beauly player/manager Kyle MacDonald but Skye player/manager Kenny MacLeod stroked the rebound into the net to make it 2-0. Skye had keeper Ryan Morrison to thank for a brilliant save, blocking a Daniel Lamont effort above his head, so Skye stayed 2-0 ahead at the break. Beauly came quickly out of the blocks at the start of the second half and wing centre Daniel Lamont burst through the centre of the Skye defence to pull a goal back within a minute of the restart. A superb Callum Flynn strike, following a one-two with Pete Dickson, made it 2-2 on 73 minutes. Skye keeper Ryan Morrison saved well with his hand from Kieran MacTavish as the outcome remained in the balance.   The winning goal came three minutes from time when Kenny MacLeod took the ball around the keeper following a goal hit which was intercepted by Skye’s Daniel Morrison. Skye play their final match of the season this weekend at Kingussie whilst Beauly still have five fixtures to go.
Glenurquhart 2 Fort William 2 The Glenurquhart reserves and the Fort William reserves shared the points in a 2-2 draw at Blairbeg.Fort William’s David Wright was free to play but will miss their next match through suspension. The first half ended goal-less and David Smart, who has been helping the Glenurquhart seconds after missing much of the season through injury, put Glenurquhart ahead after 58 minutes. Scott Henderson levelled on 62 minutes but Glenurquhart regained the lead on 65 minutes through Jed Stoddart. Fort William drew level for a second time with three minutes remaining when Bobby MacMillan scored from the penalty spot.Fort William’s Cameron Grant was sent off by referee Brian MacKay.
Marine Harvest South Division 1Lochside Rovers 6 Kilmory 0Lochside Rovers and Kilmory agreed to schedule their league meeting for Wednesday August  9 with the hosts running out 6-0 winners.With Mossfield out of action ahead of the Argyllshire Gathering, the match was played at Ganavan.Lochside fielded a strong side and manager Gareth Evans included Garry Lord at buckshee back. The defender hadn’t played through suspension since the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter-final win over Inveraray on Saturday July 8. He also missed an earlier part of the season through injury so he was given much-needed game time ahead of the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-final against Lovat. Craig MacDougall got Lochside off to a great start when he scored at the second attempt on five minutes. Lochside keeper Cameron Sutherland was called into action, making a good save from a looping Alex Cunningham shot which would have dropped into the top corner of the net. A good ball from Craig MacMillan picked out a darting Craig MacDougall run on 12 minutes and MacDougall notched his second goal of the game with a low finish.Lochside raced out of sight after scoring four times during the five-minute period bridging the half-time interval. Evan MacLellan put in another man of the match performance for Lochside and grabbed a deserved goal on 43 minutes when his 40-yard lob on goal dipped just under the crossbar.Daniel Sloss made it 4-0 on 44 minutes. Mark MacQueen’s turn and shot forced a save from Kilmory keeper Ally MacLennan but Sloss scored from the rebound. Lewis Buchanan added a fifth a minute after the re-start. A half swing from Chrissie MacMillan brought another MacLennan save but Buchanan flicked the rebound home. Craig MacDougall completed his hat-trick on 48 minutes when his neat half-swing from just outside the ‘D’ sent the ball low into the corner of the net. Lochside were playing well but the six-goal margin was harsh on a determined Kilmory side. Lochside made a number of changes, including withdrawing Garry Lord after an hour, and tried out players in different positions. They pushed Michael MacQueen forward and he forced a couple of good saves from Ally MacLennan.The match was well refereed by Des McNulty.Ahead of the Saturday fixtures, the win left Lochside a point clear at the top of the table with two games in hand.
Taynuilt 0Lochside Rovers 2 Lochside Rovers recorded their second win of the week, beating Taynuilt 2-0 in their noon throw up at Taynuilt Sports Field.With Lewis Buchannan and Evan MacLellan on first team duty, and Keith Burnett injured, Lochside gave some fringe players a chance to impress and made the short journey for this derby with a squad of 15 players.Lochside were not at their best in the first half. They had more than their share of pressure but never looked like scoring.  The closest they came to a goal during the first 45 minutes was a ball to the back post which found Taynuilt’s Ewan MacCorquodale. But the former Lochside player’s strike was expertly saved by Lochside keeper Cameron Sutherland with his caman above his head. Lochside manager Gareth Evans swapped full centre Michael MacQueen and full forward Daniel Sloss on the hour and the switch paid dividends when the Oban side took the lead on 64 minutes. Daniel Sloss played the ball to Michael McQueen who  found the back of the net with a good finish, sending the ball low into the net to make it 1-0. Michael McQueen got his second on 76 minutes to clinch a deserved win. Lochside substitute Callum Kirsop threaded a neat pass to MacQueen and, from 25 yards out, blasted a great shot into the top corner of the net to make it 2-0. After the match, Lochside keeper Cameron Sutherland dashed to Fort William to take a place on the bench, providing goalkeeping cover for Oban Camanachd’s Gavin Stobbart for the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-final tie against Lovat.
Glenorchy 1 Aberdour 6 Aberdour stay in the title race following their 6-1 win over Glenorchy at Mart Park.The conditions underfoot were tricky with thick grass on a heavy pitch. Glenorchy made the better start to the game,  however Aberdour eventually settled into the match and talisman Roddy MacColl fired them in front on 25 minutes. A David MacKenzie shot deflected into the home net off Glenorchy’s Duncan Smith on 28 minutes and David MacKenzie had an effort ruled out for offside shortly after. Glenorchy had their share of pressure but Aberdour keeper Tom Bowerman mopped up everything that was thrown at him. Andy MacLean took advantage of hesitancy in the Aberdour defence to make it 2-1 on 62 minutes. Glenorchy went all out for a leveller but it was the visitors who extended their lead through Roddy MacColl on 68 minutes. Roddy MacColl completed his hat-trick a couple of minutes later and there was only going to be one winner. Angus Thorburn made 5-1 on 77 minutes before youngster Aodan Burns played in Roddy MacColl to score his fourth goal of the afternoon with five  minutes remaining.  With their second team game called off, Aberdour added some youngsters to their squad and Iain Fullerton took the opportunity to show his potential.Aberdour stay a point behind league leaders Lochside Rovers but they have played two games more. Bute 6 Col Glen 1 Bute recovered from an early set-back to beat Col Glen 6-1 at The Meadows.Neily Mcnaughton gave Col Glen the lead in three minutes but that was as good as it got for the visitors.Ian McDonald equalised on 10 minutes and it then turned in to the Robert Walker Show as the Bute forward scored five times on 15, 25, 52, 62 and 78 minutes to complete the 6-1 win. The win lifts Bute into third spot in the league.
Kyles Athletic PBallachulish P The noon throw-up between the Kyles Athletic second team and Ballachulish at Tighnabruaich was postponed on Friday evening as the pitch couldn’t take two games.
Marine Harvest North Division 2Lochaber 3Caberfeidh 1 The Lochaber reserves stay second in the league after they saw off the Caberfeidh reserves 3-1 at Spean Bridge.Stuart Krzyzanowski scored for Caberfeidh but Keith Neville, James MacRae and Lachlan Campbell gave Lochaber the win.Lochaber’s Andrew MacDonald was sent off by referee Innes Wood. The result favoured leaders Glengarry who are favourites to lift the title.
Lovat 4 Lochcarron 1 The Lovat colts continued their good run, beating Lochcarron 4-1 in their noon throw-up at Balgate.Lovat’s James Fraser served the second match of a two-game ban. Raymond Rennie gave Lovat the lead after five minutes with the only goal of the first half.James White scored on 57 and 60 minutes to put the home side 3-0 ahead.Lance MacCuish reduced the deficit on 79 minutes but Lovat went back on the offensive and Ruaraidh Buchan made it 4-1 a minute later. Lovat stay fifth and Lochcarron drop to seventh.
Kilmallie 11Lewis Camanachd 1The Kilmallie reserves turned in a strong first half performance to beat Lewis Camanachd 11-1 in their 3pm throw-up at Canal Parks.Scottish international Liam MacDonald lined up for Kilmallie after taking a break from the game to recover from injury. Kilmallie scored seven goals in the opening 20 minutes and led 8-0 before Conor MacDonald scored his first goal for Lewis. But the hosts added another to make it 9-1 at the break. Kilmallie substitute Bryan MacKay made it 10-1 with a shot from distance and Aaron Sandison dribbled in to complete his hat-trick and make the final score 11-1.The other first half goal scorers were Ross MacKenzie, 2, Liam MacDonald, Dean Williamson, 2, Stuart Smillie and an own goal. Kilmallie draw level on points with fifth-placed Lovat with two games in hand.
Strathglass 2Boleskine 1 The Strathglass seconds came from a goal down to beat Boleskine 2-1 in their noon throw up at Cannich. The match took a while to get going with few chances during the first 45 minutes. The second half started at a quicker pace and Boleskine came close to taking the lead on 47 minutes when Graham Black found Ross Anderson but the youngster’s shot came back off the post. Two minutes later, Ross Anderson dribbled past a defender and fired a shot past Strathglass keeper Ally MacAdams to give Boleskine the lead.Strathglass came close to equalising on 52 minutes when Robert Geddes shot just wide of the post.The home side found an equaliser in bizarre circumstances on 55 minutes. A Boleskine goal-hit only went as far out as the penalty spot and Robert Geddes accepted the gift and fired a shot into the roof of the net.The game then flowed from end-to-end with both teams having chances to go in front.The winning goal came when Eoghainn Stewart lobbed a ball from the right wing to Ciaran Melons on the edge of the ‘D’ who shot past keeper Peter Tinney to win the game with 10 minutes remaining. Both teams contributed to a good game with Strath’s Eoghan Stewart playing a demanding role at full centre.
Inverness v Glengarry W/O The Inverness seconds were unable to raise a team for their noon throw-up against Glengarry at The Bught Park so Glengarry have been awarded the points.Marine Harvest South Division 2 Strachur 0Inveraray 4 Match of the day in Marine Harvest South Division 1 was the trip by league leaders Inveraray seconds to Strachurmore to play Strachur.This was the second meeting between the sides on successive Saturdays with Inveraray winning 3-0 in the previous week’s Bullough Cup Final.Throw-up was 1.30pm and, with just two fixtures remaining, Inveraray are within touching distance of the title following their 4-0 triumph.  Strachur were missing Ian Wilson whilst Inveraray made the short journey without Andrew McMurdo, Euan McMurdo and Russell McKinlay. Work commitments meant David Robertson started on the bench. Scott MacIntyre, Andrew Fraser and Andy Stewart all started. Strachur made the better start to the game and player/manager Graham MacPherson again proved his worth in the Inveraray goal. However Inveraray changed things when David Robertson arrived and one of his first acts was to set up Campbell Watt for the opening goal on 19 minutes. Campbell Watt got his second on 35 minutes to make it 2-0 at the break. David Robertson made it 3-0 on 64 minutes and Campbell Watt completed a well-taken hat-trick a minute later. One point from their final two games – at home to the GMA seconds and away to Dunoon – will confirm Inveraray as champions.In the unlikely event Inveraray lose both their final matches, coupled with Strachur winning both of theirs, Inveraray and Strachur will play-off for the title.
Glasgow Mid Argyll 3Dunoon Camanachd 0The Glasgow Mid Argyll second team go third in the division following their 3-0 win over Dunoon Camanachd at Yoker.Angus MacInnes gave GMA the lead after 15 minutes and Josh Souter made it 2-0 with three first half minutes remaining.Angus MacInnes got his second a couple of minutes from time to seal the 3-0 win.
Aberdour POban Lorn P The match between the Aberdour reserves and Oban Lorn at Silversands will be rescheduled.
Oban Celtic shinty bingo nightThe Oban Celtic squad are hosting a bingo night in the Masonic Hall, Albany Street, Oban, on Saturday August 19.It’s £10 to play and there will be cash prizes and a raffle.The fun starts at 7.30pm.


Saturday August 19Saturday August 19Artemis Macaulay Cup FinalKyles Athletic v Newtonmore Robert Baxter – 2pmMossfield Stadium, Oban
Marine Harvest PremiershipGlenurquhart v Oban CamanMartin MacLean – 3pmKilmallie v Lovat Andy MacLean – 3pmKinlochshiel v Glasgow MA John Angus Gillies – 3pm
Marine HarvestNational Division Caberfeidh v Inveraray Innes Wood Strathglass v Beauly Graham CameronSkye v Fort William Archie Ritchie
Marine HarvestNorth Division 1Kingussie v Skye Brian MacKay  Kinlochshiel v Beauly John Matheson – noon  Glenurquhart v Aberdeen Uni Steven MacLachlan – noon
Marine Harvest South Division 1Bute v Glenorchy Deek Cameron – 3pmBallachulish v Kilmory Lachie WoodLochside Rovers v Taynuilt Willie MacDonald – noon
Marine HarvestNorth Division 2Glengarry v Lovat Scott McNeilKilmallie v Caberfeidh Graham Fisher – noonLewis v Strathglass Henry MacInnes Lochaber v Boleskine John WoodLochcarron v Strathspey Iain Kennedy
Marine Harvest South Division 2Bute v DunoonNeil MacDonald – noon
All throw-ups 2.30pm unless stated.


Wednesday August 9Wednesday August 9Marine HarvestSouth Division 1Lochside Rovers 6 v 0 Kilmory Saturday August 12Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi finalOban Camanachd 1 v 2 Lovat
Strathdearn Cup FinalKingussie 4 v 2 Newtonmore Marine Harvest PremiershipNewtonmore 4 v 2 Glasgow MAKilmallie 3 v 2 Lochaber Kyles Ath 7 v 2 Glenurquhart
Marine Harvest National Division Inveraray 2 v 0 Caberfeidh Inverness 0 v 2 Skye Strathglass 0 v 1 Fort William Marine HarvestNorth Division 1Glenurquhart 2 v 2 FortWilliamSkye 3 v 2 Beauly
Marine HarvestSouth Division 1Bute 6 v 1 Col Glen Glenorchy 1 v 6 Aberdour Kyles Ath P v P BallachulishUnplayable fieldTaynuilt 0 v 2 Lochside Rovers
Marine Harvest North Division 2Inverness P v P GlengarryInverness unable to field a team, points to Glengarry Kilmallie 11 v 1 Lewis Lochaber 3 v 1 Caberfeidh Lovat 4 v 1 Lochcarron Strathglass 2 v 1 Boleskine
Marine HarvestSouth Division 2 Aberdour P v P Oban LornTo be rearranged Glasgow MA 3 v 9 Dunoon Strachur 0 v 4 Inveraray