Camanachd Cup semi-final draw throws up interesting pairings

10/07/17 PACIFIC QUAY - GLASGOW The draw for the semi-finals of Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup (left to right: Jock Turner - Camanachd Association Chieftan,  Dianne Kerr - Tulloch homes,  Donald Campbell - MG ALBA Chief Executive, Billy McKay - Tulloch homes and Hugh Dan MacLennan - BBC Alba)

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Oban Times – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

NEWTONMORE, Oban Camanachd, Lovat and Skye Camanachd reached the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-finals following the shinty action last Saturday.NEWTONMORE, Oban Camanachd, Lovat and Skye Camanachd reached the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-finals following the shinty action last Saturday.
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup – quarter finals Newtonmore 4 Kyles Athletic 1 The tie of the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup quarter-finals was the meeting between Newtonmore and Kyles Athletic at The Eilan.Newtonmore’s Steven MacDonald returned from suspension and Michael Russell, who had targeted this game as his return from a broken finger, played at full centre with a protective glove on his hand.  Paul MacArthur, Drew MacDonald and Jamie Robinson were all out injured but Andy MacKintosh was back in Paul John MacKintosh’s side. Kyles Roddy MacDonald started after missing the previous week’s win over Glasgow Mid Argyll with a shoulder injury. There was also a place for Grant Irvine who has been nursing a hamstring problem but Innes MacDonald and Cammy Keith were injured and Scott MacDonald didn’t travel. Boss James Perlich fielded Donald Irvine at wing back and Thomas Whyte at full centre. Evan Menzies made the breakthrough on 30 minutes. Iain Robinson cut in from the right before leaving the ball for Menzies whose 25-yard strike beat Kyles Athletic keeper John Whyte at his left side.Kyles introduced David Zavaroni at full centre shortly after. Despite Newtonmore’s dominance, they only had one goal to show for their first half efforts. The visitors did create chances but Norman Campbell in the home goal was equal to their efforts.   Glen MacKintosh made it 2-0 on 49 minutes. David MacLean played in a corner from the right and when the ball dropped for MacKintosh in front of goal, he needed no second invitation to lash the ball high into the net past a helpless keeper. Steven MacDonald’s long hitting out of defence was a feature of Newtonmore’s play and he turned defence into attack on 58 minutes. MacDonald’s high ball forward was misjudged by Callum Miller and Iain Robinson raced in on goal, executing a composed finish. Kyles lost Roddy MacDonald with a recurrence of his shoulder injury midway through the second half. They pulled a goal back on 71 minutes through Grant Irvine, who took a touch to control the ball before scoring from 20 yards out after the Newtonmore defence failed to clear Robbie MacLeod’s shy from the left. Ominously for Kyles, Grant Irvine limped off with what looked like a hamstring pull with five minutes to go. Glen MacKintosh rounded off the 4-1 win four minutes into stoppage time. MacKintosh beat his marker to run in on goal. Keeper John Whyte looked set to clear the danger but the Scotland forward didn’t give up, winning the ball back and rolling it over the line from close in. Rory Kennedy and Steven MacDonald were good at the back for Newtonmore but Michael Russell was their star performer, dominating the middle of the park and covering every blade of grass. Defender Andrew King was best for Kyles. In the end, Newtonmore turned in their best performance of the season when it mattered most. Other than Roddy MacDonald, Kyles offered little in attack but they have an immediate shot at revenge as the sides meet again this weekend in the Marine Harvest Premiership.Newtonmore may feel they have struck a psychological blow ahead of the encounter between the seven times reigning champions and the current league leaders.
Inveraray 0Oban Camanachd 5 2017 finalists Oban Camanachd reached the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-finals with a 5-0 win over Inveraray at The Winterton.Inveraray made changes to their recent squad, opting for experience over youth, a tactic that has had mixed results for the Burgh side in the past. Aidan McIntyre returned for Ian Hay’s side but Daniel Cameron served a one-game ban for passing through the disciplinary points threshold, Marc MacCallum was unavailable and Andrew MacCuish was on holiday so Willie Neilson started up front. The sides had already met once this season in the Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup semi-finals and although Camanachd came away with a 1-0 victory, Inveraray’s performance that day gave them great optimism and hopes of a cup shock going into this one.From the first whistle, Inveraray’s Lewis MacNicol won the possession but this would be one of the few times the Inveraray forwards would get to see much of the ball. Camanachd, playing with a favourable wind behind them, began to dominate the centre line play and, at times, almost seemed to have an extra man spare whenever the ball broke lose. With Oban pressing forward and Inveraray struggling to absorb the pace of the game, something had to give and with just two minutes played, Malcolm Clark opened the scoring, his low drive finding its way past Inveraray keeper Scott MacLachlan. Usually losing a goal against local rivals in the Scottish would motivate a team but Inveraray struggled to fight their way back into the tie and Oban continued to dominate the first half.They got their rewards as a Lorne Dickie effort from distance on 15 minutes and Willie Neilson’s strike on 35 minutes made the score 3-0 at the interval. Neilson’s effort was the goal of the game, volleying the ball downwards from above his head.Inveraray managers Ruaraidh Graham and John Montgomery knew they had a task on their hands to stem Oban’s dominance and, going into the second half, they made two changes, with boss Graham and Douglas Dando both withdrawn in favour of Ruaraidh Graham junior and Ally McDonald in an attempt to stiffen up the centre line. Initially these changes seemed to work, with the rejuvenated Inveraray side looking more hungry and eager to win 50-50 balls. Oban Camanachd were still a threat though and when they broke forward on the hour mark, Matt Rippon finished to add a fourth goal and Inveraray’s chances of an upset were gone. Inveraray continued to work hard and were a different proposition to the team which played in the first half. Young guns Fraser Watt and Ruaraidh Graham both displayed an eagerness to win and their attitude was great to see from two of the games up and coming players. With 20 minutes to go, Oban Camanachd once again turned up the tempo, and Willie Neilson got his second with what was his side’s fifth and final goal of the day with a low, 25-yard shot on the angle from the right. Oban Camanachd introduced 16-year-old Lewis Buchanan in the second half and he played very well. Oban Camanachd will relish the win and the opportunity to go one further than their beaten finalists tag from last season especially as Inveraray have proved difficult opponents in recent cup competitions. Lorne Dickie and Willie Neilson were influential for the Mossfield men.  Inveraray, known for their cup pedigree, will be disappointed with this loss and they have now bowed out of every senior cup competition. Their attention will turn to the Marine Harvest National Division and the chance to win a place back in shinty’s top flight. Kilmallie 1Lovat 3 Lovat scored three times in the first half before eventually beating Kilmallie 3-1 at Canal Parks.Stephen McAlister was free of suspension for the hosts and started on the bench. John Stewart played at full forward and defender Steven Stewart played with strapping on his knee. Lovat had Lorne MacKay and Craig Mainland back, with the latter named substitute. The visitors had a difficult journey with busy roads meaning they only arrived at the ground 20 minutes ahead of throw-up. Kilmallie started with the wind advantage but Lovat kept the ball low and created chances and Kilmallie keeper Shane Gillies was forced to make some good stops. Lovat broke the deadlock on 23 minutes. Steven Stewart was penalised and Calum MacAulay’s lofted free-hit found its way to Lorne MacKay on the left of the ‘D’ and Lewis Tawse touched the ball into the net to make it 1-0. Scott MacKenzie doubled Lovat’s lead on 31 minutes. MacKenzie won the ball in midfield before sending a strong, low shot from distance into the corner of the net with Greg Matheson and Lorne MacKay running in should any rebound come their way. Lovat scored a clinching third goal on 37 minutes. Lorne MacKay came deep on the wing before playing the ball into space. Calum MacAulay ran on to MacKay’s perfectly weighted ball and steered the ball into the net from the edge of the ‘D’ to make it 3-0 at the interval. Kilmallie now had the elements and Lovat boss Fraser Gallacher introduced Craig Mainland 10 minutes after the restart with Bailey MacKay replacing Scott MacKenzie. Kilmallie started to claw their way back into the tie and they reduced the deficit on 72 minutes. Substitute Lewis Birrell pushed forward, forcing a diving Stuart MacDonald save and Birrell forced the ball home from inside the ‘D’ following the ensuing scramble.  Kilmallie made a late push for a second goal but Lovat held out to reach the semi-finals. Both full backs, Allan MacDonald for Kilmallie and Lovat’s Drew Howie, were excellent with Howie having to be at his best as John Stewart was a handful.
Strathglass 3Skye Camanachd 5 Skye Camanachd are the only team from outwith shinty’s top flight to reach the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup semi-finals after they beat Strathglass 5-3 at Cannich.Lewis Douglas was missing for Strathglass, whilst Michael Stokes was moved to full forward after playing buckshee forward against the islanders a week earlier. Skye forward Jordan Murchison was still sidelined with a foot injury. Defender John Gillies has had the cast removed from his broken wrist and is working his way back to a first team return. The sides had already met three times this season with Skye winning each time; the latest a 6-0 league win in Portree seven days earlier. After the previous week’s win, Skye manager Willie Cowie was determined his team wouldn’t show any complacency for their biggest game of the season so far and they got off to the best possible start as early goals from Danny Morrison and Iain MacLellan had them 2-0 ahead within the first five minutes.  Will Cowie slipped in Danny Morrison for the opener with Morrison hitting a back-hand strike from 15 yards out into the roof of the net. James Pringle then cut in from the left in the lead up to Skye’s second goal but his low shot was saved with his foot by Strathglass keeper Ally MacAdams. However, the ball spun loose and Iain MacLellan rushed in to volley the rebound into the net.   There was more from the visitors as a lovely move down the Skye right on 25 minutes ended with Will Cowie crossing to Danny Morrison and his 12 yard shot flew low into the net for his second goal of the game. Scott Douglas pulled a goal back with a good finish a minute later. Will Cowie made it 4-1 from the penalty spot up a couple of minutes before the break with referee Graham Cameron spotting Skye forward Iain MacLellan being pulled back inside the ‘D’. Cowie sent the penalty low and hard past the helpless keeper. Strathglass made a determined start to the second period and Josh Fraser reduced the deficit a minute after the restart when he crashed the ball high into the net from a tight angle on the left. Whether it was a case of Skye relaxing or Strathglass upping their game, or a bit of both, when Darren Reid made it 4-3 with another good strike around the hour mark, Skye knew they had a fight on their hands. It was left for Will Cowie to ease the islanders’ nerves when he made it 5-3 on 83 minutes. James Pringle played a free-hit from 20 yards out back to Cowie and his low, hard drive found the net.
Bullough Cupsemi-finalLochside Rovers 0Inveraray 1The Inveraray seconds were surprise 1-0 winners against Lochside Rovers in their Bullough Cup semi-final at Ganavan.The Inveraray seconds top Marine Harvest South Division 2 but Lochside Rovers, well-positioned in second place in Marine Harvest South Division 1, had been on an 11-game winning run during which they’d only conceded two goals. Neil Campbell scored the only goal of the game after 31 minutes. Campbell took his goal really well following a move in which all four Inveraray forwards combined to good effect. Campbell finished with a nice half-swing from a tight angle, under pressure from Steven Sloss, with both players having a great battle throughout.Lochside spurned a number of chances to make their mark on this tie. They missed Lewis Buchanan who was on first team duty and Graham MacPherson in the Inveraray goal made some fine saves, including turning a Neil MacFarlane shot, which was heading for the top corner, over the bar. On another day they could have been comfortable winners but the Inveraray colts deserve credit for passing such a difficult test.The Inveraray second team now await the outcome of the second semi-final between the Kyles Athletic reserves and Strachur which takes place at Tighnabruaich this Saturday.  The 2017 Bullough Cup Final takes place on Saturday August 5.
Marine Harvest PremiershipKinlochshiel 4Lochaber 0 Kinlochshiel took advantage of Kyles Athletic being on cup action to draw level on points at the top of the table following a 4-0 victory over Lochaber in their 3pm throw-up at Kirkton.Colin MacDiarmid remained suspended for the home side, whilst work commitments ruled out Fraser MacVicar. Finlay MacRae and John MacRae were back after missing the previous week’s win over Lovat. Oliver MacRae and Gordie MacDonald remained injured.Lochaber’s Martin Johnstone was free of suspension.  Finlay MacRae gave Kinlochshiel the lead after 15 minutes and Keith MacRae made it 2-0 on the half hour mark. The same two players combined again in the second half as Finlay MacRae got his second to make it 3-0 on 56 minutes whilst Keith MacRae did likewise with four minutes remaining.  With Kinlochshiel’s cup interests already ended, they are able to focus solely on the league. They only trail leaders Kyles Athletic on goal difference, although they have played a game more. With Kyles travelling to The Eilan to play Newtonmore this Saturday, Kinlochshiel will be determined to capitalise on any potential slip-up when Glasgow Mid Argyll visit Kirkton.
Glenurquhart 2 Kingussie 3 Glenurquhart twice came from behind before eventually going down 3-2 to Kingussie at Blairbeg.Glenurquhart manager Iain MacLeod had selection problems and named himself as a substitute. Andrew Corrigan, Connor Golabek, Euan Lloyd and James Hurwood were amongst the Glenurquhart absentees. Callum Smith was free of suspension but unable to play because of work commitments. Kingussie manager Dallas Young welcomed forward Savio Genini back into his squad.Lee Bain gave Kingussie the lead on 19 minutes when he took advantage of a ball that got past full back John Barr to score. Glenurquhart wing forward Daniel MacKintosh equalised on 37 minutes but the hosts only stayed level for a couple of minutes. Excellent dribbling from Ryan Borthwick saw him run in towards goal and he played the ball to Lee Bain, giving the Kingussie full forward the simplest chance in front of an empty goal to make it 2-1.  However Daniel MacKintosh got his second on 52 minutes to make it 2-2 and that’s the way it stayed until 10 minutes from time when Savio Genini got the winner to break a four game Kingussie losing streak. They stay third in the division ahead of a meeting with basement side Lochaber at The Dell this weekend.  Marine Harvest National Division Fort William 4Beauly 0Fort William go third in the Marine Harvest National Division after they beat Beauly 4-0 at An Aird.Sean Cameron was in the Fort squad after sustaining an injury in the previous week’s Balliemore Cup semi-final win over Inveraray but he was only able to start on the bench. Alexander MacMillan remained out with a hand injury. Beauly were without keeper Josh Grant and they opted to start the match with the wind in their favour. The home team suffered an early blow when Bryan Simpson had to come off after suffering a leg knock. Sean Cameron, who normally plays in defence, came on in the forward line. The switch paid dividends on 37 minutes when a move involving Calum Shepherd, Jack Fraser and Seamus Gall ended with Cameron turning and smashing the ball high into the net.Sean Cameron got his and Fort William’s second a minute before half time with another well-struck shot. Graham Campbell, who had an earlier effort ruled out for offside, made it 3-0 nine minutes into the second half with a strike into the top corner of the net. Fort William continued to dominate and Lachie Shaw made it 4-0 with practically the last hit of the game.  The win sets Fort William up nicely for this Saturday’s Balliemore Cup Final against Caberfeidh which takes place at Blairbeg.
Inverness 4Oban Celtic 6 Oban Celtic eventually edged out Inverness 6-4 in their 3pm throw-up at The Bught Park. Inverness keeper Ian Munro was missing so Allan MacLeod deputised. Somhairle MacDonald was another home absentee. Oban Celtic were again without David MacInnes as well as Rory Bruce, George MacMillan, Connor Howe and the suspended Andrew MacDonald. Robert Alexander returned. Inverness opened with the wind advantage but Celtic started well and Daniel Madej gave them the lead on three minutes. James Cameron pulled Inverness level on seven minutes. Daniel Madej got his and Oban Celtic’s second, only for Ewan Neilson to draw Inverness level once more. Neil Carmichael scored just before half time to make it 3-2 at the break and when the impressive Daniel Madej scored shortly after the restart to make it 4-2, the visitors looked good for both points. Inverness thought otherwise though and two more goals from James Cameron completed his hat-trick to make it 4-4. A double Celtic substitution saw Daniel MacMillan and Kieran Carnie replace Ross MacMillan and Lee Askew and both were to play vital roles during the closing stages as Carnie scored to make it 5-4 followed shortly after by a Daniel MacMillan goal which completed the 6-4 win, lifting Kenny Wotherspoon’s side to sixth in the table.
Marine Harvest North Division 1Newtonmore 5 Kingussie 3The reserve team derby between the Newtonmore and Kingussie at The Eilan was brought forward to Friday evening with a 7pm throw-up.This was the second successive meeting between the sides with the Kingussie colts winning their Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup semi-final a week earlier. However there were a number of changes to both sides and Newtonmore raced into a three- goal lead thanks to strikes from Chris Sellar in the opening minute, Conor Jones on eight  minutes and Duncan Gorman on 22 minutes. It stayed that way until the interval but Kingussie’s Liam Borthwick pulled a goal back a minute after the restart and Kevin Thain made it 3-2 on 51 minutes.David Cheyne halted the come-back as he made it 4-2 on 54 minutes. Dylan Borthwick reduced the deficit to a single goal once more on 62 minutes.A second from Chris Sellar on 83 minutes gave Newtonmore a 5-3 advantage and enough breathing space to see the match out.
Skye Camanachd 1Aberdeen University 1Aberdeen University made a second successive long trip west, this time to face the Skye Camanachd seconds at Pairc nan Laoch Portree. With Skye Camanachd second team manager Kenny MacLeod on first team duty, youth coach Davie Pringle looked after the side. A week earlier, the students produced a late, late show to beat the Kinlochshiel seconds 4-2 but this time they had to settle for a point, coming from a goal down to draw 1-1 with the islanders. Both sides had chances before Connor Gilpin put Skye ahead from the penalty spot on 35 minutes, sending the ball low to the keeper’s left side. Ewan Fraser, who hit the post in the first half, scored on 56 minutes to make it 1-1.  Aberdeen University stay second in the league whilst Skye remain third. However it’s leaders Newtonmore seconds who benefit most from this draw as they are now three points clear at the top of the table, although they have played a game more than the students.
Kinlochshiel 2Fort William 1 The Kinlochshiel reserves leap-frogged the Fort William reserves into fifth place in the division after their 2-1 win in their noon throw up at Kirkton. The visitors struck first with Greg Kelly giving the Fort the lead on five minutes. Kinlochshiel’s Alasdair Nixon made his come-back after an appendix operation and he gave his side a 17th minute leveller. Duncan Matheson got the winner on 63 minutes.
Marine HarvestSouth Division 1Bute 6Ballachulish 0 Bute beat Ballachulish 6-0 in their 3pm throw-up at The Meadows. Willie Boag gave the home side a 22nd minute lead and Robert Walker made it 2-0 four minutes before the break. Robert Walker got his second four minutes after the restart and Ian McDonald made it 4-0 on 65 minutes. Late goals from Craig MacKay 10 minutes from time and a Robert Walker hat-trick strike a couple of minutes later made it 6-0. Bute are only a point behind the three teams immediately above them in the league and they have games in hand.
Glenorchy 4Kyles Athletic 5 The Kyles Athletic second team came from 3-2 down to beat Glenorchy 5-4 at Mart Park.Incredibly, all nine goals came during the first 42 minutes of the match. Scott MacDonald put Kyles ahead after two minutes and George Thomson made it 2-0 three minutes later. Glenorchy turned the game on its head as Graham Morrice on 18 minutes and Allan MacKechnie’s brace on 20 and 26 minutes had the home side 3-2 ahead.Craig Martin made it 3-3 on 33 minutes but John Sartain put Glenorchy back in front on 38 minutes. A second from Craig Martin made it 4-4 a couple of minutes later and given the goal-glut, it seemed unlikely that Scott MacDonald’s second on 42 minutes would prove to be the winner, but that’s how it turned out.
Tayforth 2 Col Glen 0 Two goals early in the game gave Tayforth a 2-0 win over Col Glen at Levenhall Links.Brendan Dougan made the difference with efforts on four and seven minutes.
Kilmory 3 Taynuilt 1 Kilmory defeated Taynuilt 3-1 in their 2pm throw-up at MacRae Park.This was a hard fought win for the home side who took the lead through Hal Jones after five  minutes. Taynuilt’s David Campbell levelled after 20 minutes and the sides remained level for just four minutes before Hal Jones got his second to put Kilmory back in front. A Craig Houston goal on 77 minutes sealed the win and Kilmory move off the bottom of the table at Glenorchy’s expense.
Marine Harvest North Division 2Caberfeidh 5Glengarry 4 The top of the table clash between Glengarry and the Caberfeidh second team at Castle Leod turned out to be something special with Caberfeidh  eventually winning by the odd goal in nine. The hosts started brightly but it was Glengarry who took the lead on 13 minutes through Nick Dalgety.Martin Cameron made it 2-0 on 24 minutes, and with Brian Mackain and Steven Cameron having a great tussle in midfield, the visitors extended their lead though Raymond Robertson on 35 minutes. Caberfeidh needed a goal and it came a minute later when Jamie Matheson ran through on goal and slotted the ball past the keeper to make it 3-1.  Caberfeidh put Scott MacPhail on Glengarry danger-man Nick Dalgety and it remained 3-1 at the break. The hosts also pushed Paddy Wilson further forward and he was involved in his side’s second goal with the ball ending up in the net off a Glengarry defender to make it 3-2 with 49 minutes played.When referee John MacRitchie pointed to the penalty spot after Paddy Wilson was impeded on 52 minutes, Jamie Matheson hammered the ball home to complete the comeback.With 15 minutes to go, Raymond Robertson got his second to put Glengarry back in the lead. It was left for Jamie Matheson to make the difference as he completed his hat-trick with goals on 80 and 85 minutes to give Caberfeidh victory.Stuart Krzyzanowski set up his strike partner to make it 4-4 and the winner, to the delight of the home support, was a thunderous Matheson shot following a corner. The Caberfeidh colts now trail league leaders Glengarry by just two points but they have a game in hand.  Lovat 4Lochaber 3 The Lovat seconds turned in what was probably their best performance of the season,  beating the Lochaber seconds 4-3 at Balgate.Keith Neville gave Lochaber the lead after seven minutes but Cameron MacMillan drew Lovat level on 10 minutes. Raymond Rennie put the Balgate side back in front on 20 minutes but Andrew MacDonald made it 2-2 from the penalty spot on 28 minutes.A second from Cameron MacMillan on 59 minutes and a Darren Douglas goal on 68 minutes gave Lovat a two-goal cushion which they required as Jack Dignan, on his comeback from injury, made it 4-3 on 72 minutes. Lewis Camanachd 1Kilmallie 4The Kilmallie seconds took the points, winning 4-1 against Lewis Camanachd at Shawbost.Andrew McAlister gave Kilmallie the lead in the opening minute but a first goal at this level from Sean MacLeod made it 1-1 on 30 minutes.Ross MacKenzie put Kilmallie back in front on 31 minutes and a second half Jamie MacEachan double on 53 and 77 minutes made it 3-1.
Strathspey Camanachd 3 Strathglass 2 Strathspey Camanachd beat the Strathglass second team 3-2 in their 1.30pm throw up at Grantown Grammar School.Martin Ross, Johnathan Gray and Connor Aubrey counted for the home side with Colin Birnie and Stuart Harvey netting for the visitors.
Inverness PLochcarron P Lochcarron were unable to field a team for their noon meeting with the Inverness colts at Bught Park and both clubs agreed to reschedule the match for a later date.
Marine Harvest South Division 2 Bute 4Aberdour 4 The Bute seconds came from 4-0 down to draw 4-4 with the Aberdour seconds in their noon throw up at The Meadows.Aberdour bossed the first half and led 3-0 at the break with Andrew Fraser, more recognised as a full back, grabbing a hat-trick. When Jamie Anderson added a fourth early in the second half, the match looked over as a contest. The Bute colts rallied though  and a Chris McGowan hat-trick and a Neil McKirdy goal earned them an unlikely point from a 4-4 draw.Bute stay fifth, with Aberdour sticking sixth.
Glasgow Mid Argyll 4 Oban Lorn 1 The Glasgow Mid Argyll colts defeated Oban Lorn 4-1 at Yoker. GMA scored three times late in the first half to grab the initiative. Lewis Clark opened the scoring on 36 minutes and Andy McGhee made it 2-0 three minutes later. Calum McLay netted a third on the stroke of half time and the same player got his second eight minutes into the second half. There was some consolation for Oban Lorn when the ball ended up in the net off GMA keeper Jonathon Oates with 20 minutes remaining.
WCA challenge match Dublin Ladies vScotland LadiesDublin County Ladies Select and Scotland Ladies will meet in their latest shinty/camogie clash on Saturday July 15 in Dublin, with a 2pm throw-up.This is the second game of a three-match series.


Saturday July 15
Balliemore Cup Final
Caberfeidh v Fort William Andy MacLean

Strathdearn Cup semi final
Skye v Kingussie
Iain Kennedy – noon
Glengarry v Newtonmore
John Wood

Bullough Cup Semi Final
Kyles Athletic v Strachur
Des McNulty

Marine Harvest Premiership
Kingussie v Lochaber
Referee TBC
Kinlochshiel v Glasgow MA Innes Wood – 3pm
Newtonmore v Kyles Athletic Graham Cameron
Oban Camanachd v Kilmallie Lachie Wood

Marine Harvest
National Division
Beauly v Strathglass
Willie MacDonald – noon

Marine Harvest
North Division 1
Aberdeen University v Beauly
Referee TBC

Marine Harvest
South Division 1
Bute v Col Glen
Robert Baxter
Kilmory v Ballachulish
Ewen MacDonald
Lochside Rovers v Taynuilt Ronnie Campbell

Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Boleskine v Lovat Martin MacLean
Kilmallie v Lochaber
Archie Ritchie
Lewis v Strathspey
Referee TBC

Throw-ups 2.30pm, unless stated.


Friday July 7Friday July 7Marine HarvestNorth Division 1Newtonmore 5 v 3 Kingussie Saturday July 8Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup 3rd Round Inveraray 0 v 5 Oban CamanKilmallie 1 v 3 Lovat Newtonmore 4 v 1 Kyles AthStrathglass 3 v 5 Skye
Bullough Cup Semi FinalLochside Rovers 0 v 1 Inveraray
Marine Harvest PremiershipKinlochshiel 4 v 0 LochaberGlenurquhart 2 v 3 Kingussie Marine HarvestNational Division Fort William 4 v 0 Beauly Inverness 4 v 6 Oban Celtic
Marine HarvestNorth Division 1Kinlochshiel 2 v 1 Fort William Skye 1 v 1 Aberdeen University
Marine HarvestSouth Division 1Bute 6 v 0 Ballachulish Glenorchy 4 v 5 Kyles AthleticKilmory 3 v 1 Taynuilt Tayforth 2 v 0 Col Glen
Marine HarvestNorth Division 2Caberfeidh 5 v 2 Glengarry Inverness P v P LochcarronTo be re-arranged Lewis 1 v 4 KilmallieLovat 4 v 3Lochaber Strathspey 3 v 2 Strathglass  Marine HarvestSouth Division 2 Bute 4 v 4 AberdourGlasgow MA 4 v 1 Oban Lorn