Newtonmore lift MacTavish Cup

The victorious Newtonmore team. MacTavish Cup Final, Kilmallie v Newtonmore, played at The Bught, Inverness.

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Oban Times – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

MacTavish Cup final
Newtonmore 3
Kilmallie 2
Newtonmore retained the MacTavish Cup with a hard-fought 3-2 win over Kilmallie in their 4.05pm throw-up at Bught Park, Inverness.
Newtonmore manager Paul John MacKintosh was without young forward Iain Robinson who was abroad on a school trip. Jamie Robinson came in at full centre with Steven MacDonald continuing in attack. Evan Menzies joined the senior squad for the first time this season after scoring six times in two outings for the seconds and he took a place on the bench.
Kilmallie boss Mark MacPherson was without suspended defender Stephen McAlister so Martin Stewart dropped back to cover. Innes Blackhall returned after a hand injury and started in midfield. Aaron Sandison was free of his five-match ban and joined Ryan Stewart and veteran John Stewart as substitutes. New signing Daniel Stewart was cup-tied.
It was a difficult fortnight for Kilmallie in the lead-up to the final following the passing of top scorer Duncan Rodger and club stalwart Donald Lamont senior. The Camanachd Association had given The Canal Parks side the option of postponing the final, but a decision to proceed was taken at a club meeting.
Both men were remembered on specially designed pre-match Kilmallie training tops and there was a minute’s applause ahead of throw-up as a mark of respect. Michael Rodger added to the poignancy, wearing his cousin Duncan Rodger’s number 12 shirt rather than his usual number nine top in this televised match.
Kilmallie started with a light wind in their favour, playing towards the town end in the first half.
A Steven MacDonald shot within 20 seconds showed early intent but the ball bounced wide. MacDonald went close again on four minutes when he got to a ball that looked to be going out of play, but his touch from a wide angle went across the face of goal.
A couple of minutes later, as a heavy rain shower fell, Drew MacDonald sent a great ball into the goal area but Glen MacKintosh uncharacteristically blazed a strike over the top from point black range.
A long ball from Kilmallie defender Steven Stewart bounced into the Newtonmore ‘D’ where keeper Norman Campbell chested it down before volleying it to safety.
Newtonmore still looked the more threatening though and they broke the deadlock on 16 minutes. Ackie MacRae lofted the ball high into the danger area where it was controlled by Steven MacDonald on the Newtonmore left and, with his back to goal, MacDonald made just enough space to turn and drill a low shot just inside the keeper’s left post to make it 1-0.
Kilmallie were forced to make an early change when Peter McIntyre was caught on the top of the head by the dropping caman of team mate Martin Stewart, leaving a nasty gash, so Aaron Sandison came on.
Newtonmore made a set-piece opportunity count on 26 minutes. Allan MacDonald bundled down Steven MacDonald just outside the ‘D’ as the forward made for goal. Fraser MacKintosh, with his back to goal, slipped the ball to his left where Drew MacDonald lost his marker before crashing the ball into the same spot as MacDonald had for the opener to make it 2-0.
Kilmallie needed a goal and Calum MacDougall’s direct running was causing problems for the Newtonmore defence. With the match approaching the half-hour mark, MacDougall forced his way through on goal but Michael Russell got a crucial touch with his stick to clear for a corner.
Moments later, a superb Mark Graham run across goal saw him latch onto a Michael Rodger free-hit but he dragged his shot wide of goal.
Play started to flow from end to end and Glen MacKintosh was denied a shot on goal by an excellent Steven Stewart block.
A Michael Rodger free-hit found Craig MacIsaac but his effort from the left was well-blocked by Scotland defender Andy MacKintosh.
Both keepers were called into action as Norman Campbell saved with his feet from Calum MacDougall, although the shot lacked power, and Kilmallie custodian Shane Gillies kept out a Drew MacDonald strike.
Calum MacDougall went on another direct run before being impeded by Andy MacKintosh and a fiery midfield exchange saw both players spoken to by referee Archie Ritchie.
Glen MacKintosh launched the ball just over the bar from the Newtonmore left and Shane Gillies used his feet to keep out a low Fraser MacKintosh drive.
Peter McIntyre returned to the field of play after treatment with Aaron Sandison returning to the bench.
Norman Campbell had to look lively to get to a Lewis Birrell ball from the left ahead of Mark Graham who was looking to profit from any slip-up.
It remained 2-0 until the break. Newtonmore looked home and dry three minutes into the second half when Fraser MacKintosh ran down the left to get onto a low, diagonal Steven MacDonald pass. MacKintosh steadied himself before giving keeper Gillies no chance with a blistering drive which made it 3-0.
Kilmallie didn’t buckle though and, showing great courage, pulled a goal back on 54 minutes. Innes Blackhall ran at the Newtonmore defence and his ball forward deflected to Michael Rodger who took a superb touch before sending a low strike past the keeper from just inside the ‘D’. You could sense the emotion in the goal celebrations, from the pitch to the touchline to the Bught Park stand. Kilmallie were back in the game.
Newtonmore returned on the attack and Shane Gillies made a great save from Fraser MacKintosh, turning the strike from the left away for a corner.
Norman Campbell then made a good stop from Mark Graham, both sides recognising the importance of the next goal.
Martin Stewart was the first player to find his way into referee Archie Ritchie’s book for something said to the match official.
Aaron Sandison was reintroduced for Lewis Birrell, who had taken an earlier knock, as the final moved into the final quarter.
Veteran John Stewart took over from Mark Graham in the Kilmallie attack with 20 minutes remaining and it was to prove to be a profitable change.
Fraser MacKintosh came within a whisker of netting a fourth Newtonmore goal when he controlled a Glen MacKintosh ball from the right but his low drive went just past Shane Gillies’ left post.
Keeper Gillies was back in action again when his clearance from inside the ‘D’ went straight to Paul MacArthur and his drive came off the crossbar. Gillies got his body in the way of Fraser MacKintosh’s effort from the rebound with Martin Stewart bundling the ball out of play for a corner.
Newtonmore were now dominating again but given their limited preparation for the final, Kilmallie’s fitness levels were surprising and they pulled another goal back on 76 minutes. Calum MacDougall had taken a knock and was down to the left of the outside of the ‘D’. As he made his way to his feet, Kilmallie’s Peter Carmichael sent the ball back into the goal area where Michael Rodger kept it moving to John Stewart and his ball forward deflected into Calum MacDougall’s path and, under pressure from Rory Kennedy, he found just enough space to drill the ball home to make it 3-2.
For all Newtonmore’s pressure, there was now only one goal in it and, when John Stewart was fouled just outside the ‘D’, he sent the free-hit to Michael Rodger at the back post but the Newtonmore goal survived.
Craig MacIsaac came off in favour of Ryan Stewart before Andy MacKintosh and Calum MacDougall resumed hostilities with the pair picking up yellow cards after another midfield spat.
Glen MacKintosh hit the side netting following a disputed free-hit when Steven Stewart was penalised for a challenge on the Scotland forward.
Iain Richardson was introduced to add energy to the Newtonmore midfield, replacing Jamie Robinson with less than five minutes to go.
With Martin Stewart now pushed forward, the traffic was mainly towards the Newtonmore goal and an Aaron Sandison free-hit from wide on the right was well-defended with just over two minutes left.
Evan Menzies took over from Drew MacDonald with a minute of the regulation 90 minutes to go. A Steven MacDonald shot swerved wide as the final moved in to stoppage time.
Kilmallie tried desperately to create the chance that could take the final into extra-time.
David MacLean was booked for hitting the ball away after he fouled Aaron Sandison. Sandison touched the free hit to Peter Carmichael but his shot was blocked and three shrills of referee Archie Ritchie’s whistle brought proceedings to a close.
Kilmallie deserve enormous credit for their part, in difficult circumstances, in what was an entertaining final. Goalscorers Michael Rodger and Calum MacDougall also netted in the semi-final win over Kinlochshiel. The other scorer that day was Duncan Rodger and the players did his memory, and that of stalwart Donald Lamont, proud with their display.
The man of the match award went to one of the game’s bright young talents, Kilmallie’s Calum MacDougall, who was a constant threat throughout.
It was another trophy success for Newtonmore who put in a professional performance in what must have been a difficult game to prepare for.
Susan Scott from match-day sponsors Anderson, Shaw & Gilbert presented the medals and the MacTavish Cup to Rory Kennedy, his first as Newtonmore captain, as the squad and supporters celebrated a 41st success in this North of Scotland cup competition.

Balliemore Cup – quarter final
Inveraray 3
Oban Celtic 1
Inveraray are through to the Balliemore Cup semi-finals after beating Oban Celtic 3-1 in their 3pm throw-up at The Winterton.
Oban Celtic were 3-2 winners when the sides met at the same venue in the Artemis Macaulay Cup.
Inveraray manager Ruaraidh Graham had Douglas Dando back in defence in place of Ross Montgomery, whilst Graham MacPherson returned in goal for Scott MacLachlan.
Oban Celtic boss Kenny Wotherspoon was without Ally McKerracher who started a three-match ban following his red card against Inverness in their last game a fortnight earlier. Brothers Jack Hill, John Hill and David Hill were all missing, as was Connor Howe who was on holiday.
Inveraray started well, with Lewis MacNicol again impressing in midfield, but they found Stephen Davidson in the Oban Celtic goal to be in fine form.
Inveraray eventually took the lead on the half-hour mark in a move started and finished with a fine Fraser Watt strike.
The goal seemed to spur Oban Celtic on and they slowly started to work their way back into the game during the remainder of the half, aided at times by a lethargic looking Inveraray side.
Inveraray managers John Montgomery and Ally Watt must have had stern words for their boys at the break because they made a fast and determined start to the second half and doubled their lead a minute after the re-start with Lewis Montgomery producing a composed finish. The goal gave Inveraray a cushion and settled home nerves.
Oban Celtic had a chance to pull a goal back when referee Robert Baxter penalised Nicholas Crawford for pulling down his opponent inside the ‘D’. But Graham MacPherson showed he hasn’t lost his touch by saving Daniel Madej’s spot-hit.
As the second half wore on, both teams spurned chances despite knowing the next goal would be pivotal.
Inveraray were next to get a penalty when Oban Celtic keeper Stephen Davidson fell on the ball with 68 minutes on the clock. Fraser Watt smashed the spot-hit home for his second goal of the game.
Inveraray were awarded a second penalty when Stephen Davidson was penalised for a swing at Lewis Montgomery, earning the goalie a yellow card. But Fraser Watt passed up the chance of a hat-trick goal with his penalty strike sailing off target.
Despite a 3-0 scoreline, Oban Celtic, with Andy Hunt in great form, came back strongly and they started to dominate the centre line, looking dangerous every time they broke forward.
In an attempt to upset Celtic’s rhythm, Inveraray made three changes, bringing on youngsters Hamish McLennan and Robert Wood and the experienced David MacPherson. This seemed to work and Inveraray started to look strong again with Robert Wood, in particular, catching the eye at full forward.
Oban Celtic’s Fulton Ronald pulled a goal back with 10 minutes remaining, following a scramble in the box, to make the final score 3-1.
This was a solid Inveraray performance against a well organised Oban Celtic team and they will play either Skye Camanachd or Fort William, who play this coming weekend, in the semi-finals.
Inveraray will want to extend their winning streak this Saturday when they head north to play Inverness in the Marine Harvest National Division.
Oban Celtic have a local derby to look forward to this weekend as they host Oban Camanachd at Ganavan in the Artemis Macaulay Cup quarter-finals. David MacInnes should return for Celtic but Connor Howe is on holiday. Ally McKerracher is still banned, as is Oban Camanachd’s Scott MacMillan.

Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup – quarter final
Bute 0
Lochside Rovers 7
Lochside Rovers are through to the Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup semi-finals after beating the Bute seconds 7-0 at The Meadows.
A Craig MacDougall goal on three minutes set the tone for the tie. It was a simple goal as MacDougall peeled off his marker before sending the ball low into the net.
Lewis Buchanan opened his account on 15 minutes. Craig MacDougall took a free-hit from midfield out of the air and played the ball to Buchanan around the penalty spot and his first time finish flew into the net.
Lewis Buchanan got his second and Lochside’s third on 28 minutes when he moved to the back post to get on the end of a corner and he fired the ball hard into the net for a good finish.
Lewis Buchanan sent a penalty wide of the post shortly after and the visitors led 3-0 at the break.
Lochside’s fourth goal, a minute into the second half, sealed the tie. Iain MacMillan went on a mazy run, showing great close control, and set up Lewis Buchanan who thumped the ball into the roof of the net to make it 4-0.
Craig MacDougall added a fifth three minutes later when he came out to the penalty spot to gather a free-hit and turned before shooting low into the net.
The Bute keeper made a number of great saves, three with his hand and another couple of outstanding stops to keep Lochside at bay until 83 minutes when Iain MacMillan drilled the ball across the keeper into the far top corner of the net to make it 6-0.
Michael MacQueen set up Lewis Buchanan to round off an impressive individual performance from the youngster with his fourth goal of the game with just a minute remaining.
Next up for Lochside Rovers is a trip to Silversands this Saturday to take on Aberdour in the Bullough Cup.

Caberfeidh 2
Glenurquhart 3
The Glenurquhart seconds came from two goals down to beat the Caberfeidh seconds 3-2 in their 1pm throw-up at Castle Leod.
Glenurquhart made the better start but Caberfeidh went in front on 22 minutes through Jamie Matheson who tucked home a re-bound after his initial shot was saved.
It looked good for the home side when Ruairidh McCreadie made it 2-0 following a good passing move three minutes after the re-start.
Ben Hosie started the Glenurquhart fightback with a goal a minute later and Oliver Black was on target on 66 minutes to make it 2-2.
The winning goal came 10 minutes from time when Ben Hosie netted his second of the afternoon.
Glenurquhart will now play Lochside Rovers in the semi-finals.

Marine Harvest Premiership
Glenurquhart 2
Kinlochshiel 0
Kinlochshiel dropped their first league points of the season, losing 2-0 to Glenurquhart at Blairbeg.
Glenurquhart manager Iain MacLeod was without talisman John Barr.
The Scotland captain has been playing at full forward whilst recovering from a hand injury but he missed this encounter as he served a one -match suspension for passing through the disciplinary points threshold. James Hurwood and Callum Smith were also missing and, with Arran MacDonald joining the returning David MacLennan and Iain MacLeod on the bench, Connor Golabeck started at full centre.
Kinlochshiel boss Johnston Gill was without Scotland forward John MacRae who was serving the second game of a three-match ban. Fellow international Conor Cormack was also sidelined as his red card against Oban Camanachd the previous Saturday triggered a two-match suspension. Injury continued to rule out Paul MacRae whilst Alasdair Nixon was unwell.
Duncan ‘DA’ MacRae was back and started in attack, whilst there was a place on the bench for Gordie MacDonald. Kinlochshiel fielded Finlay MacRae at full back, marking James MacPherson, with Keith MacRae at full centre, flanked by Colin MacDiarmid and Jonnie MacAskill.
With the MacTavish Cup Final taking place 15 miles down the road, throw-up was brought forward to noon.
It was an even first half with keepers – Stuart MacKintosh for Glenurquhart and Scott Kennedy for Kinlochshiel – making good saves.
Kinlochshiel brought Gordie MacDonald on for young wing forward WD MacRae on 37 minutes. He was withdrawn shortly after though with a recurrence of his knee injury.
Glenurquhart took the lead on 48 minutes. Ally MacKintosh’s ball forward found James MacPherson. His shot was partially blocked by Mark MacDonald but it fell for Michael Fraser with his back to goal. Fraser turned and sent a low shot into the net to make it 1-0.
Daniel MacKintosh made it 2-0 with a cleverly worked goal on 78 minutes. James MacPherson feigned to take a Glenurquhart free-hit but, instead, ran forward, leaving the set-piece to Eddie Tembo. This seemed to catch out the ‘Shiel defence as Tembo played the ball to MacPherson who got past Donald Nixon as he broke down the wing. David Falconer went wide to close MacPherson down, leaving Daniel MacKintosh unattended and MacPherson found MacKintosh with his pass and his confident finish made it 2-0.
Kinlochshiel edged the first half but shaded after the break with the Glenurquhart centre line, playing away from the shop end, winning more than their fair share of the ball.
The game was tousy at times and there was a flash-point when a Colin MacDiarmid challenge on Connor Golabek led to the Glenurquhart man having to be replaced by Arran MacDonald. With Neale Reid also involved, referee John Angus Gillies calmed the situation without producing a yellow card.
The win means Glenurquhart move up to sixth in the table, leap-frogging Oban Camanachd, as they reach the half-way point in their league campaign.

Lochaber 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll 1
There was a four-pointer at Spean Bridge where Lochaber moved off the bottom of the Marine Harvest Premiership with a 2-1 win over Glasgow Mid Argyll.
Lochaber boss Ally Ferguson had to make a change in goal as Callum MacDonald was working so Lachlan Campbell deputised. Conor Sweeney has a fracture, whilst John Sweeney, Pat Toal and Danny Delaney were still out injured and Donald MacRae was working off-shore. Ben Delaney came into the squad for the first time this season and started on the bench. Jack Dignan has been a long-term Lochaber absentee with an eye injury but he could return soon.
Glasgow Mid Argyll manager Iain Hay had to do without Stuart Reid who was working and Duncan ‘Ach’ MacRae who is still injured. Lochaber took the lead when Shaun Nicolson scored the only goal of the first half. The goal came from a good Martin Johnstone clearance from midfield. Brennan MacDonald was involved in the link-up play which culminated in Shaun Nicolson hitting a brilliant strike from 25 yards out which gave the keeper no chance, beating him inside his right-hand post.
Lachlan Campbell was excellent in the home goal and gave confidence to the Lochaber defence, clearing his lines well and making one particularly good save with his feet in the first half. He also saved a Craig Anderson penalty at 1-0 to keep his side in front.
GMA equalised when Seb MacMillan got onto a ball over Lochaber defender Duncan MacKinnon and dribbled the ball inside the ‘D’ before slipping it past keeper Lachlan Campbell as he came off his line.
Lochaber introduced Ben Delaney with 20 minutes to go and he played a part in his side’s second goal. After link-up play with Brennan MacDonald, Delaney slipped the ball past the full back before drawing the keeper and playing in Stuart Callison who finished well from close in.
Lochaber put on 18-year-old Calum MacDonald to good effect in the second half, with fellow substitutes James MacRae and Neil MacDonald unused.
The win makes it tight at the foot of the table. Lochaber now climb off the basement at Kilmallie’s expense.
Lochaber are a point better off than Kilmallie but a point behind GMA with Kilmallie having played a game more than their rivals.
Lochaber manager Ally Ferguson had plenty to be encouraged about. Reflecting on the game, he said: ‘We have had to make a number of forced changes in recent weeks for a combination of reasons including player availability, injury and work commitments. But we have now taken four points out of four from our last two league matches which is encouraging and we have scored eight goals in our last three outings. GMA are a good side with a lot of enthusiasm and drive but on the day, I felt we were worthy of the two points. We always felt threatened by GMA throughout the game though as we did not take full advantage of the good chances we created to kill the game off with a further couple of goals.’

Marine Harvest South Division 1
Aberdour 3
Ballachulish 1
Aberdour top Marine Harvest South Division 1 after they overcame Ballachulish 3-1 at Silversands. Ballachulish keeper Donald Pearce started a two-match suspension, so forward Lorne Brown deputised in goal.
With a number of absentees, the visitors fielded a youthful side with 11 teenagers in their squad. Manager Donald Wilson came out of retirement to help out and was joined in the side by his son David Wilson who made his senior debut.
Aberdour took the lead within the opening minute when talisman Roddy MacColl finished off some neat link-up play.
Aberdour dominated the early play and extended their lead on 26 minutes when Roddy MacColl collected a Ruaridh Reid corner and turned his marker to score.
Ruaridh Reid was again involved in Aberdour’s third goal as he found John Martin Philips with a free-hit and the former Lochcarron man scored to make it 3-0 with 37 minutes played.
Some good goal-keeping from Lorne Brown prevented Aberdour running away with the match and the visitors had something to celebrate with 15 minutes remaining when Daniel Wilson’s effort from distance dropped into the net to give the Ballachulish U14 player a debut goal.
Aberdour now go two points clear at the top of the table, although second placed Lochside Rovers are in a strong position with three games in hand.
Ballachulish don’t have a fixture this coming week and have their free Saturday the week after.

Taynuilt 3
Tayforth 1
Taynuilt go fourth after they beat third-placed Tayforth 3-1 at Taynuilt Sports Field.
Stuart Scott gave the hosts the lead after 25 minutes and he added a second on the stroke of half-time.
David Campbell made it 3-0 on 52 minutes and although Craig Ferrier pulled a goal back 10 minutes later, Taynuilt saw out the remainder of the game to secure their second league win of the season.

Glenorchy P
Bute P
An unplayable pitch led to the postponement of the meeting between Glenorchy and Bute at Mart Park.

Col Glen P
Kilmory P
The encounter between Col Glen and Kilmory was postponed on Saturday morning as the wet weather left the Glendaruel pitch unplayable.

Marine Harvest North Division 2
Lovat 1
Glengarry 8
League leaders Glengarry stay on course for title success after they beat the Lovat second team 8-1 in their 1pm throw-up at Balgate.
Nick Dalgety put Glengarry ahead after six minutes and Raymond Robertson made it 2-0 on 21 minutes.
Lovat’s response was immediate as Raymond Rennie pulled a goal back a minute later, only for Daniel MacLennan to restore the visitor’s two-goal advantage on 23 minutes.
Scott Bremner made it 4-1 on 35 minutes and it remained that way until the interval.
Nick Dalgety has proved more than a useful signing since joining Glengarry from Lochcarron in the close season and he took his tally to four goals with strikes on 55, 60 and 83 minutes to make it 7-1.
Raymond Robertson got his second a minute from time to make it 8-1, leaving Glengarry four points ahead of the Lochaber seconds although they have played a game more.

Strathglass 3
Lewis Camanachd 1
The Strathglass seconds beat Lewis Camanachd 3-1 in their 1pm throw-up at Cannich.
Alistair MacLean put the home side ahead after 26 minutes, but a Barry John Phimister own goal on 37 minutes drew Lewis level.
Colin Birnie on 52 minutes and Steven Hyslop on 53 minutes gave Strathglass their second league win of the season.

Strathspey Camanachd P
Lochcarron P
The game between Strathspey Camanachd and Lochcarron at Grantown Grammar School will be re-arranged.
Boleskine P
Lochaber P
The 1pm throw-up between Boleskine and the Lochaber seconds was postponed as Smith Park was ruled unplayable on Friday.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Strachur 5
Aberdour 1
Strachur go second in Marine Harvest South Division 2 on goal difference after beating the Aberdour second team 5-1 at Strachurmore.
Stuart Robertson and Angus Campbell bagged doubles, with Kyle McEwan also finding the back of the net.
Chris Bowerman countered for Aberdour.
Strachur have played a game more than leaders Inveraray seconds with the sides still to meet at Strachurmore.

Inveraray P
Glasgow Mid Argyll P
A Friday pitch inspection deemed The Winterton unable to host two matches, so the noon throw-up between the Inveraray and Glasgow Mid Argyll second teams will be re-scheduled.

WCA round-up
The ladies’ focus was on the regional leagues.

Marine Harvest North Division 2
Strathglass 3
Inverness 3
Strathglass and Inverness shared the points following a 3-3 draw in their noon throw-up at Cannich.
Mattie Jones, Kayleigh MacGregor and Cassie Dorrian scored for the home side, with Amber Mackay, Caitlin Mutch and Katie MacMillan earning Inverness their first point of the season.

Glenurquhart P
Lochaber P
The match between Glenurquhart and the Lochaber seconds will be re-arranged.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll 2
Ardnamurchan 3
League leaders Ardnamurchan faced second-placed Glasgow Mid Argyll reserves for the first time this season, notching an impressive 3-2 win in their 1.30pm throw-up at Hillhead Sports Club.
Sophie Tinney got both GMA goals, but Annie MacDonald, Kate Bradley and Rachel Ford gave Ardnamurchan victory, maintaining their 100 per cent start to their league season.

Cowal & Bute P
Oban Lorn P
The clash between Cowal & Bute and Oban Lorn fell foul of an unplayable field.

Dunadd P
Lorne Ladies P
The meeting between Dunadd and Lorne Ladies was postponed because of an unplayable field.

Lochaber are high school champions
Lochaber won the Senior High School Girls League in Fort William on Thursday June 8.
Lochaber and Portree won all their league games, whilst drawing with each other, in this round-robin tournament, so they met in the final where Lochaber won the day.
Glenurquhart High School won the 2017 Development Shield, overcoming Kingussie in the final.
The eight teams involved were: Ardnamurchan, Glenurquhart, Kingussie, Lochaber A, Lochaber B, Plockton, Portree, and Uddingston.



Friday June 16
Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Inverness v Strathspey Andy MacLean – 7pm

Saturday June 17
Artemis Macaulay Cup Quarter Final (South)
Kyles Athletic v Glasgow MA Robert Baxter
Oban Celtic v Oban Caman Willie MacDonald

Balliemore Cup 3rd Round
Skye v Fort William Graham Cameron

Strathdearn Cup 3rd Round
Glengarry v Fort William Brian MacKay
Lochaber v Newtonmore
Des McNulty – noon
Kingussie v Kilmallie John Wood
Strathglass v Skye Scott McNeil

Bullough Cup 2nd Round
Aberdour v Lochside Rovers Ewan MacDonald
Bute v Kyles Athletic Euan Pearson – noon
Inveraray v Kilmory Graham Fisher
Strachur v Oban Lorn Jim Innes

Marine Harvest Premiership
Lovat v Newtonmore Martin MacLean
Lochaber v Kinlochshiel Innes Wood – 3pm

Marine Harvest
National Division
Caberfeidh v Strathglass John Angus Gillies
Inverness v Inveraray Calum Girvan

Marine Harvest
North Division 1
Aberdeen Uni v Kinlochshiel Archie Ritchie
Glenurquhart v Beauly John Matheson – 3pm

Marine Harvest
South Division 1
Bute v Tayforth Ross Brown
Glenorchy v Kilmory Deek Cameron
Taynuilt v Col Glen David Mitchell

Marine Harvest
North Division 2
Boleskine v Lochcarron Steven MacLachlan
Lewis v Caberfeidh Ronnie Campbell

Throw-ups 2.30pm unless stated.