Oban Camanachd and Kyles reach Celtic Society Cup final

In front of the Glenurquhart goal: A tussle between Glen Mackintosh (Newtonmore) and John Barr (Glenurquhart). Newtonmore v Glenurquhart, MacTavish Cup semi final, played at The Eilan, Newtonmore.

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Oban Times – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

OBAN Camanachd and Kyles Athletic will contest the Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final and Newtonmore will play either Kinlochshiel or Kilmallie in the MacTavish Cup Final following the shinty action on Saturday May 13.

Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup – first round
Fort William 3
Oban Celtic 3
Fort William and Oban Celtic will have to do it all over again this Saturday after they drew 3-3 in their Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup first round tie at An Aird.
Fort William’s Bryan Simpson was free of suspension for this 3pm throw-up but didn’t play. Alexander MacMillan was also missing.
Oban Celtic suffered a number of late withdrawals. Top scorer Neil Carmichael had a foot injury whilst Ally McKerracher, Lee Askew, Rory Bruce, David MacInnes and Scott Burnett were unavailable. Iain MacKechnie and Michael MacKinnon were carrying knocks. However, goalkeeper Stephen Davidson and full back John Hill both returned to the starting line-up.
Oban Celtic started well and were 2-0 ahead inside 12 minutes. Daniel Madej got the opener in the first minute and doubled the Oban side’s lead on 12 minutes.
Fort William’s response was immediate as their impressive full centre Arran MacPhee pulled a goal back just a minute later.
A bit of confusion in the Oban Celtic defence lead to the Fort’s equaliser. Celtic keeper Stephen Davidson thought he heard a call to allow a low ball to run out of play but it crept just inside the post, much to the disappointment of everyone in a green and white jersey.
Fort William moved up a gear but the Celtic defence held tight and they regained the lead on 26 minutes when make-shift full forward Andy MacDonald, who had an excellent game, brought the ball down and held off his marker before slipping a pass to Allan Mackie who riffled the ball home from 25 yards.
Fort William started the second half in search of an equaliser and it came on 51 minutes when substitute JD MacMaster was allowed time and space to bring the ball under control from a corner and netted to make it 3-3.
Fort William were reduced to 11 men shortly after when referee Ross Brown sent off Lewis Clark following an incident with Andy Hunt.
Oban Celtic were unable to make the extra man count and they too fell a man short when full back John Hill picked up his second booking of the game.
Oban Celtic should have a number of players back for the replay which takes place at Mossfield this Saturday with a 2.30pm start. A second round tie at home to Newtonmore is at stake.

Strathglass 4
Ballachulish 0
Strathglass will host Kilmory in the Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup second round after they beat Ballachulish 4-0 in their 3pm throw-up at Cannich.
Two goals late in the first half put the home side in control.
Scott Douglas got the opener on 41 minutes with Darren Reid adding a second 60 seconds later.
Steven Hyslop made it 3-0 on 64 minutes and Josh Fraser rounded off the 4-0 win four minutes from time.

MacTavish Cup – semi final
Newtonmore 3
Glenurquhart 1
Three goals in the final 30 minutes gave Newtonmore a 3-1 win over Glenurquhart in their 3pm throw-up at The Eilan.
Newtonmore manager Paul John MacKintosh made changes to his side after the previous week’s 4-1 league defeat to Kinlochshiel.
Rory Kennedy went to full back with Steven MacDonald switching to buckshee forward. Jamie Robinson was injured so veteran Kenny Ross was called up from the second team to start at full centre. Craig Ritchie slotted in at wing back in place of Andy MacKintosh who hurt his groin in training during the week.
Glenurquhart boss Iain MacLeod welcomed John Barr and Andrew Corrigan back into defence. Connor Golabeck and Euan Lloyd also returned with the latter starting on the bench. Neale Reid, who has been missing in recent weeks with a hamstring problem, was listed as a substitute, whilst David MacLennan was suspended.
The first half lacked entertainment and the closest to a goal was a Steven MacDonald effort which came back off the post whilst, at the other end, a James MacPherson effort was well-saved by Norman Campbell.
Glenurquhart full back John Barr was marking Glen MacKintosh but Newtonmore moved MacKintosh to buckshee forward with 10 first half minutes remaining and he stayed there for the rest of the game.
Glen MacKintosh was finding more space in his new role and broke the deadlock on the hour mark as he hit a ground stroke from a tight angle on the Newtonmore left, the ball taking the slightest deflection off John Barr to beat Garry MacKintosh in the Glenurquhart goal.
Newtonmore started to use full forward Drew MacDonald in wide positions on either wing with John Barr left to decide whether to follow him or stay on the ‘D’.
Glenurquhart made their first change on 57 minutes when Euan Lloyd replaced Eddie Tembo.
Newtonmore introduced Iain Robinson for Fraser MacKintosh for the final third of the game and Drew MacDonald scored from inside the ‘D’ to make it 2-0 on 70 minutes. Glenurquhart claimed for an earlier infringement on Andrew Corrigan, but referee Deek Cameron waved away their pleas. Clever play from Glen MacKintosh made it 3-0 with five minutes remaining. MacKintosh was composed under pressure as he lifted the ball past the keeper to score.
Neale Reid’s introduction gave Glenurquhart more of a cutting edge in attack and he bagged a cracking goal in the final minute, taking a Daniel MacKintosh free-hit in the air to score.
Rory Kennedy was impressive for Newtonmore, whilst Kenny Ross put in a power of work before he was taken off.
Newtonmore now await the winners of this Saturday’s semi-final between Kinlochshiel and Kilmallie, whilst Glenurquhart will be concerned about a late hand injury, suffered in a challenge with Glen MacKintosh, which is likely to keep John Barr sidelined for a number of weeks.
Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup – semi final
Kyles Athletic 3
Glasgow Mid Argyll 0
Holders Kyles Athletic reached the Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final thanks to a 3-0 win over Glasgow Mid Argyll in their 3pm throw-up at Tighnabruaich.
Kyles did the damage in the first half with Scott MacDonald gaving them the lead on 23 minutes.
Thomas Whyte made it 2-0 five minutes later and a second Scott MacDonald strike three minutes before the break gave Kyles a comfortable 3-0 lead.
GMA played as well as they have done against Kyles for a number of years.
However, they couldn’t take their chances.
Euan Forsyth hit the post in the second half from a well-worked corner and he had another good chance late on.
Kyles were clinical and took their chances well, maintaining their 100 per cent record this season.
GMA’s Ryan Harrison did what no other defender has managed this season; he prevented Kyles forward Roddy MacDonald from scoring. Innes MacMillan took over the marking duties when Harrison was moved to half forward late in the second half.

Inveraray 0
Oban Camanachd 1
Oban Camanachd will play Kyles Athletic in the Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final after they beat Inveraray 1-0 at The Winterton.
Inveraray manager Ruaraidh Graham made a change with Nicholas Crawford returning to his half back role meaning Hamish MacLennan started on the wing. This was just reward for the youngster who has been on great form recently and has a fantastic attitude towards training.
Oban Camanachd boss Iain Hay had to do without defender Scott McKillop who went over his ankle in training. Garry Lord made his first senior team appearance of the season after suffering a broken leg in a pre-season friendly with Strathglass.
Both defences looked solid from the throw-up, playing very well and demonstrating a high level of fitness and composure on the ball.
Oban Camanachd made the break-through on 35 minutes. There was a melee inside the ‘D’ following a corner. Inveraray keeper Scott MacLachlan made a save but Daniel Cameron tapped the rebound home from close range to make it 1-0. A mixture of good goalkeeping from Scott MacLachlan and wasteful finishing prevented the Oban side from scoring more first half goals.
Inveraray tried to get a goal back and had a period of pressure before half time but the Camanachd defence, in which Gary McKerracher was outstanding at full back against Inveraray danger man Allan MacDonald, stood strong.
The second half started in much the same fashion with both teams looking dangerous on the counter attack but unable to convert the pressure into a goal.
As the tie moved into the final third, Inveraray replaced Douglas Dando, who was suffering from a strained achilles, with Ally McDonald. Hamish MacLennan also came off with young Ruaraidh Graham taking over on the wing.
Oban Camanachd had a lot of possession in the second half without creating too many chances and Inveraray were always dangerous on the break.
With time running out, Inveraray finished strongly with their centre line closing down their opponents at every opportunity.
Inveraray were unable to conjure up an equaliser though and with three minutes injury time played, referee Graham Cameron blew for time.
Inveraray will be happy with their standard of play considering they are going through a transitional phase and they want to install a winning mentality within the squad.
Oban Camanachd will now play Kyles Athletic in the 2017 Gregor Cameron Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final.
The sides meet at Tighnabruaich in the league this Saturday with a noon throw-up.

Strathdearn Cup – second round
Lochcarron 1
Kingussie 3
The Kingussie second team came from a goal down to defeat Lochcarron 3-1 at Battery Park.
Lochcarron’s Sean MacCuish was ruled out with a broken thumb.
Kingussie fielded Rory Fraser at full back and Kevin Thain at full forward in what was otherwise a very young squad.
The match started off at a good pace with Lochcarron threatening the Kingussie goal after three minutes when Peter MacKenzie shot wide of the post.
Lochcarron were awarded a free-hit on 10 minutes, just in their own half, and Crisdean Finlayson found Lance MacCuish who unleashed a powerful 25-yard shot which flew into the roof of the Kingussie net.
Kingussie pressed for an equaliser and home full back Douglas MacKenzie was playing well against Kevin Thain, stopping the hit-man from creating shooting opportunities.
Lochcarron had a good chance to double their lead when good forward play ended with a sublime Liam Arnott pass to Peter Mackenzie who was left unmarked on the edge of the ‘D’ – but he shot high over the crossbar.
Kingussie equalised on 40 minutes when Dylan Borthwick turned his marker and sent a low shot past keeper Iain Cameron’s left-hand post.
Kingussie took the lead for the first time on the stroke of half time. A good shy from the right sent the ball into the ‘D’ where it fell kindly at the back post for an unmarked Kevin Thain and he made no mistake, slamming the ball into the back of the net.
Lochcarron made a strong start to the second half. Liam Arnott’s running was causing problems in the Kingussie defence and he set up a couple of chances for Peter MacKenzie.
However it was Kingussie who extended their lead on 62 minutes when a corner was flicked on to Kevin Thain who juggled the ball before turning and squeezing the ball between the keeper and the post.
Lochcarron claimed the ball went into the side netting but the goal judge signalled a goal and referee John Angus Gillies pointed to the centre.
Lochcarron were good in defence with Douglas MacKenzie playing a man of the match role.
David MacCuish and David Bauermeister played really well in midfield whilst forwards Liam Arnott and Lance MacCuish worked tirelessly to try and break down the Kingussie defence.
Father and son duo Rory Fraser and Sorley Fraser starred for Kingussie whilst Kevin Thain and Dylan Borthwick were sharp around the goal area.
This was a good cup tie, played in good spirit, with no bookings.

Fort William 3
Kinlochshiel 1
Fort William and Kinlochshiel seconds met for the third time this season at An Aird.
It was one win apiece ahead of this noon throw up so this was always going to be a close contest.
Bobby MacMillan gave Fort William the lead after 18 minutes but Morgan Fraser levelled on 25 minutes.
A blistering Cameron Grant strike on 43 minutes made it 2-1 at the break.
It stayed that way until the final minute when a sweet Cal Brown finish confirmed the Fort’s place in the next round.

Glengarry 4
Glenurquhart 3
Glengarry held off a late comeback to beat the Glenurquhart second team 4-3 at Craigard.
A Nick Dalgety goal in the opening minute got Glengarry off to a great start.
However, when referee Brian MacKay pointed to the penalty spot on 23 minutes, Calum Miller equalised.
Nick Dalgety got his second seven minutes after the restart and Daniel MacLennan made it 3-1 from the penalty spot on 61 minutes.
When MacLennan scored again five minutes later, Glengarry looked home and dry.
However, another Calum Miller strike on 75 minutes reduced the deficit and when Finlay Ralston found the back of the net on 83 minutes, the scene was set for a grandstand finish.
Glengarry stayed in front though and they now host Fort William in the last eight of the competition.

Boleskine 0
Skye Camanachd 9
The Skye Camanachd colts were too strong for Boleskine, winning 9-0 in their 1.30pm throw-up at Smith Park.
Skye youngster Ross Gordon scored on eight and 15 minutes to give the islanders a two-goal advantage,
Another U17 player, Connor Gilpin, netted on 26, 32 and 35 minutes to grab a nine-minute hat-trick.
Skye Camanachd player/manager Kenny MacLeod added his name to the score-sheet on 41 minutes to make it 6-0 at the interval.
Three goals in the final 20 minutes took Skye’s tally to nine goals.
Ross Gordon completed his hat-trick on 70 minutes whilst John Angus MacInnes, 10 minutes later, and youngster Martin Pringle, five minutes from time, rounded off the win.

Kilmallie 2
Caberfeidh 1
The Kilmallie reserves edged out the Caberfeidh reserves 2-1 in their noon throw-up at Canal Parks.
Stuart Sloss got both Kilmallie goals with Ruaridh MacLeman countering for Caberfeidh.
Kilmallie’s reward is a trip to The Dell to play Kingussie in the next round.

Lochaber 9
Lewis Camanachd 0
A clinical second-half performance earned the Lochaber second team a 9-0 win over Lewis Camanachd in their 2pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.
Keith Neville gave Lochaber the lead after seven minutes but that was to be the only goal of the first half.
Neville got his second to make it 2-0 a minute after the restart and a goal-glut followed.
James MacRae on 58 minutes and an Iain Fyfe double on 62 and 64 minutes made it 5-0.
Lachlan Campbell added a sixth on 74 minutes and Keith Neville completed his hat-trick a minute later.
Harvey Allison on 78 minutes and a second from Lachlan Campbell a couple of minutes from time rounded off the 9-0 win.
Strathglass 1
Inverness 0
(After extra time)
The Strathglass second team beat the Inverness seconds 1-0 after extra-time in their noon throw-up at Cannich.
Some good goal-keeping from Inverness custodian Kenneth Loades, including an extra-time penalty save, kept the home side at bay but youngster Penri Jones got the winner with five minutes of extra-time remaining.
Strathglass seconds will now host Skye Camanachd seconds in the Strathdearn Cup quarter finals.

Newtonmore W/O
v Lovat
Holders Newtonmore reserves were given a walk-over to the quarter finals when the Lovat reserves were unable to raise a team for their noon throw-up at The Eilan.
Newtonmore travel to play the Lochaber seconds in the quarter finals.

Marine Harvest Premiership
Kilmallie 0
Kingussie 2
An early Ryan Borthwick double gave Kingussie a 2-0 victory over Kilmallie in their 3pm throw-up at Canal Parks.
Kilmallie’s Liam Cameron was free of suspension but Aaron Sandison and Martin Stewart were banned. Former Fort William player Steven Stewart played well in defence on his Kilmallie debut. His brother Daniel Stewart was on holiday so didn’t play.
Kingussie had Lee Bain back and he started on the bench. Kingussie were still without long-term injury absentees James Falconer and Martin Dallas.
Ryan Borthwick scored after two minutes to give Kingussie the lead. Ryan Macwilliam played a ball forward towards Ruaridh Anderson and Savio Genini and when the ball broke to Ryan Borthwick, he drilled a waist-high shot from 16 yards out past keeper Shane Gillies to make it 1-0.
Ryan Borthwick got his and Kingussie’s second on 12 minutes. Kingussie worked the ball down the left where Chris Holleysong did well and found Borthwick outside the ‘D’. He let the ball run across his body before tucking it into the bottom corner of the net.
This was a good, solid Kingussie performance which takes them level on points with leaders Kyles and two points ahead of third-placed Kinlochshiel. Kingussie have played more games than their rivals though.
Kilmallie remain in the relegation zone as they turn their attentions to this Saturday’s MacTavish Cup semi-final against Kinlochshiel at Kirkton.

Lovat 1
Lochaber 0
Lovat climb to fifth spot in the division after a Martin Bell goal gave them a 1-0 win over Lochaber at Balgate.
Lovat were without the suspended Drew Howie, Callum Cruden and Lorne MacKay. Martin Bell started at full forward and his inclusion paid dividends after just 10 minutes. A Scott MacKenzie shy fell for Greg Matheson who played the ball back to MacKenzie who fed a low ball to Martin Bell’s feet. Bell turned and hit a low, powerful shot past Callum MacDonald in the Lochaber goal.
The game never really hit any great heights but Lovat will be delighted to take the points which lift them into the top half of the table.

Marine Harvest National Division
Skye Camanachd 4
Beauly 0
Skye Camanachd stay out in front in the Marine Harvest National Division after they beat Beauly 4-0 at Pairc nan Laoch.
Skye got off to a great start when Iain MacLellan, in the team for the injured James Pringle, swept the ball home with just 40 seconds played.
Two clean strikes from Jordan Murchison on 18 and 25 minutes made it 3-0 at the break.
Danny Morrison ghosted in at the back post to add a fourth from a Jordan Murchison free-hit on 69 minutes to round off the 4-0 win.
Skye are a point ahead of second-placed Caberfeidh with both sides having played five matches.

Inverness 0
Caberfeidh 7
Caberfeidh continued their good run, beating Inverness 7-0 at The Bught Park.
Craig Morrison put Caberfeidh in front on 15 minutes and Kevin Bartlett made it 2-0 on 33 minutes with Liam Symonds adding a third four minutes before the interval.
The same three players scored again in the second half. Kevin Bartlett got his second goal of the match on 55 minutes and Liam Symonds did likewise four minutes later.
Caberfeidh used the open spaces on the Bught Park to their advantage and their speedy forwards caused the Inverness defence problems all afternoon.
A second Craig Morrison goal on 63 minutes made it 6-0 and there was still time for Kevin Bartlett to complete his hat-trick on 81 minutes.
Caberfeidh are now a point ahead of third-placed Fort William, although they have played a game more.
The sides meet again this coming Saturday in the Balliemore Cup quarter finals with Caberfeidh having home advantage this time.

Marine Harvest South Division 1
Col Glen 0
Lochside Rovers 5
Lochside Rovers remain in top spot in Marine Harvest South Division 1 after they scored five times without reply at Col Glen.
Lewis Buchanan grabbed a hat-trick with Craig MacMillan and Daniel Sloss getting the others.
Kyles Athletic 1
Bute 4
Bute continue to claw back their eight point penalty for dropping a division as they beat the Kyles Athletic second team 4-1 in their noon throw-up at Tighnabruaich.
The islanders showed they meant business with two goals in the opening four minutes.
John MacCallum put them ahead on two minutes with Robert Walker doubling their lead a couple of minutes later.
Kyle McMartin gave Kyles hope with a goal after 10 minutes, but a second from John MacCallum on 51 minutes and a 62nd minute James Craig effort gave Bute both points.
Bute remain bottom of the table but their points differential has been cut to minus three.

Taynuilt 0
Aberdour 3
Aberdour stay second after they beat Taynuilt 3-0 at Taynuilt Sports Field.
The visitors travelled without Cammy McCue who has a broken toe.
Taynuilt had most of the first half pressure but were unable to turn their dominance into goals.
Aberdour came into the game in the second half and took the lead with 15 minutes remaining when Roddy MacColl beat his marker to score.
McColl added his and Aberdour’s second a couple of minutes later after he was set up by David MacKenzie.
Taynuilt were never out of the game, but it was Aberdour who scored for the third time in a prolific eight-minute spell when David MacKenzie forced home a rebound off the keeper to make it 3-0 with 83 minutes played.

Glenorchy 1
Tayforth 4
Third-placed Tayforth beat Glenorchy 4-1 at Mart Park.
Finlay Stark scored on 10 and 18 minutes to give the visitors an early advantage but a 25th minute Kieran MacKay goal made it 2-1 at the break.
James Roy restored Tayforth’s two goal advantage on 75 minutes and Finlay Stark completed his hat-trick five minutes from time.
Glenorchy’s Kieran Gallagher was sent off by referee Robert Baxter.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Oban Lorn 2
Bute 0
Second-placed Oban Lorn scored a goal in each half to beat the Bute second team 2-0 at Ganavan.
David Martin put the home side ahead on 31 minutes and Ewan MacCorquodale made it 2-0 on 68 minutes.
Glasgow Mid Argyll 1
Strachur 4
Strachur go third in the division after beating the Glasgow Mid Argyll second team 4-1 at Yoker. Stuart Robertson, Iain Wilson, Ian MacLennan and Duncan Smart netted for the visitors with Nick Lavin scoring for GMA.

Dunoon 0
Aberdour 2
The Aberdour seconds recorded their first league win of the season, beating Dunoon 2-0 at Dunoon Stadium.
Andrew Fraser scored both goals on 65 and 86 minutes.

Strathdearn Cup quarter finals
The Strathdearn Cup quarter-final ties are now known following last weekend’s second round matches:
Saturday June 17
Lochaber v Newtonmore
Strathglass v Skye Camanachd
Glengarry v Fort William
Kingussie v Kilmallie
Saturday July 15
Strathdearn Cup – semi final
Kingussie/Kilmallie v
Strathglass/Skye Camanachd
Lochaber/Newtonmore v
Glengarry/Fort William
The Strathdearn Cup Final takes place on Saturday August 12 with the venue yet to be confirmed.

WCA round-up
The ladies action turned to the regional division with most matches played on Sunday May 14.

Marine Harvest North Division 2
Glenurquhart 4
Glengarry 0
Glenurquhart recorded an impressive 4-0 win over Glengarry at Blairbeg on Saturday May 13.
Two goals from Hazel Hunter and one each from Ishbel Barr and Claire Hannon confirmed the win.

Strathglass 0
Strathspey Camanachd 4
Strathspey turned in their best performance of the season to defeat Strathglass 4-0 in their 3pm throw-up at Cannich.
The excellent Jade Longworth notched a hat-trick, whilst Katy Minard also scored.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll 2
Oban Lorn 0
The Glasgow Mid Argyll second team beat Oban Lorn 2-0 at Yoker.
Katie Mullen and Evie Coultas got the goals.
Ardnamurchan W/O
v Lorne Ladies
Ardnamurchan were given a walk-over in their match against Lorne Ladies.

Youth round-up
Marine Harvest
U17 London Shield
Section A
Glenurquhart defeated Strathglass 3-0 at Cannich. Cameron Bremner, Jed Stoddart and Ruaridh Ralston were on target.
The match between Fort William and Kinlochshiel at An Aird was postponed.

Section B
A Callum MacDougall penalty late in the game gave Kilmallie a 2-1 win over Lochaber at Canal Parks. Dan Nixon for the home side and Dylan Brockie for the visitors were also on target.
The meeting between Oban Camanachd and Newtonmore will be re-arranged.

Marine Harvest U17 Development League
The Skye Camanachd B U17 development squad beat Glengarry U17 9-1 in the Development League at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree. Abby MacLean scored four times, Niall MacPhee grabbed a hat-trick, whilst Jamie MacPhie and Taylor Matheson got the others. Duncan MacPherson netted for Glengarry.
The match between Inverness and Caberfeidh was postponed.

Marine Harvest U14 League
Section A
The meeting between Lovat and Newtonmore was postponed, whilst the game between Kingussie and Lochaber will be rearranged for a later date.

Section B
An Aiden Love goal gave Kilmallie a 1-0 victory over Ardnamurchan.
The game between Glengarry and Fort William will be rearranged.

Section C
Skye Camanachd U14 overcame Caberfeidh U14 16-1 at Castle Leod. Taylor Matheson scored five times including a three minute hat-trick. Archie MacDonald netted four times with Holly MacLean and James Coull bagging doubles. Liam MacQueen, Calum Nicolson and Lewis MacLeod got the others.

Section D
Glenurquhart edged out Beauly 5-3 at Blairbeg. Cameron Bremner notched a double for Glenurquhart with Angus MacCallum, Fergus Reid and Fergus Robertson also scoring.

Marine Harvest U14 South League
Dunoon beat Oban Lorn 9-0 with Finnan Kennedy scoring five times and Murray McClymont, Cam Bulloch and Kyle Kerr also on target. Oban Camanachd were too strong for Kilmory, winning 12-0. Ross Campbell claimed four goals, Murray McKay and Innes Jackson scored hat-tricks with Calum MacMillan and Lennon MacKechnie also scoring.
The match between Bute and Ballachulish was postponed.

National Under 14 Development Trophy
League A
The matches between Ballachulish and Ardnamurchan, Oban Lorn and Ballachulish and Ardnamurchan and Oban Lorn were all postponed.

League B
Glengarry beat Strathglass 10-0 at Craigard. Gabrielle MacCallum grabbed a hat-trick, Ronan Blakey bagged a double and Cameron Fraser scored five times.
The games between Strathspey and Strathglass and Strathspey and Glengarry were postponed.

2017 Artemis Macaulay Sixes
The 2017 Artemis Macaulay national sixes take place at Mossfield on Sunday June 11.
Entry forms for this primary school aged competition can be downloaded from the Camanachd Association website and should be sent to Davie Hamilton, The Shieling, Longsdale Road, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5JU.
Teams are encouraged to enter as soon as possible, preferably no later than Monday June 5, to allow time to prepare the running schedule for the day.

Abercorn School retain National Disability First Shinty Festival
Aviemore was the venue last month, for the 17th annual Disability First Shinty Festival which saw Abercorn School from Glasgow emerge as winners.
Seven teams and five schools from Inverness, Oban, Perth Glasgow and North Ayrshire enjoyed coaching from qualified shinty coaches and games throughout the two-day event which culminated in a tournament.
The tournament was played on a round robin format with all seven teams playing each other once, with the top two teams making it through to the final.
Abercorn topped the group on maximum points, with record holders Drummond clinching second place, two points behind Abercorn.
The final, surprisingly, was a one-sided encounter with defending champions Abercorn proving too strong for their Inverness opponents Drummond, running out convincing winners by six goals to nil.


Saturday 20 May
Marine Harvest Premiership
Kyles Athletic v Oban Caman
Lachie Wood – Noon
Lovat v Glasgow Mid Argyll Innes Wood
Newtonmore v Kingussie Deek Cameron
Glenurquhart v Lochaber Calum Girvan
Marine Harvest
National Division
Inverness v Skye
Martin MacLean
Marine Harvest
North Division One
Kinlochshiel v Glenurquhart Iain Kennedy – Noon
Skye v Fort William John Matheson
Aberdeen Uni v Kingussie Archie Ritchie
Beauly v Newtonmore Brian MacKay
Marine Harvest
South Division One
Kilmory v Col Glen Willie MacDonald
Aberdour v Glenorchy Euan Pearson
Lochside Rovers v Ballachulish Graham Cameron
Marine Harvest
North Division Two
Strathspey v Boleskine Steven MacLachlan 1.30pm
Glengarry v Lochcarron
Referee tbc
Kilmallie v Strathglass Jim Innes
Lewis v Lovat
Ronnie Campbell
Lochaber v Inverness Des McNulty
Marine Harvest
South Division Two
Bute v Inveraray
Ewan MacDonald
Camanachd Cup
first round replay
Oban Celtic v Fort William Ross Brown
MacTavish Cup
semi final
Kinlochshiel v Kilmallie John Angus Gillies – 3pm
Balliemore Cup
Taynuilt v Beauly
David Mitchell
Caberfeidh v Inverness Evan MacRae
Inveraray v Bute
Robert Baxter
Bullough Cup
Kilmory v SCOTS Camanachd
SCOTS unable to field a team. Walkover to Kilmory
Strachur v Glasgow Mid Argyll Graham Fisher
Oban Lorn v Dunoon
Neil MacDonald
Kyles Athletic v English SA
Alex MacVicar
Throw ups 2.30pm unless stated


Saturday May 13
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup first round
Fort William 3 v 3 Oban Celtic
Strathglass 4 v 0 Ballachulish
MacTavish Cup Semi Final
Newtonmore 3 v 1 Glenurquhart

Gregor Cameron Celtic
Society Cup Semi Final
Kyles 3 v 0 Glasgow MA
Inveraray 0 v 1 Oban Caman

Strathdearn Cup
second round
Glengarry 4 v 3 Glenurquhart
Boleskine 0 v 9 Skye
Fort William 3 v 1 Kinlochshiel
Kilmallie 2 v 1 Caberfeidh
Lochaber 9 v 0 Lewis Lochcarron 1 v 3 Kingussie
Newtonmore P v P Lovat
Lovat unable to field a team, walkover to Newtonmoe
Strathglass 1 v 0 Inverness
Marine Harvest Premiership
Lovat 1 v 0 Lochaber
Kilmallie 0 v 2 Kingussie

Marine Harvest
National Division
Inverness 0 v 7 Caberfeidh
Skye 4 v 0 Beauly

Marine Harvest
South Division 1
Kyles Athletic 1 v 4 Bute
Glenorchy 1 v 4 Tayforth
Col Glen 0 v 5 Lochside Rovers
Taynuilt 0 v 3 Aberdour

Marine Harvest
South Division 2
Dunoon 0 v 2 Aberdour
Glasgow MA 1 v 4 Strachur
Oban Lorn 2 v 0 Bute

Read more about:

Related Articles