Busy weekend of Camanachd Cup ties

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Oban Times – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

Kyles Athletic and Kinlochshiel maintained their 100 per cent record in the Marine Harvest Premiership and Caberfeidh, Inveraray, Kilmory and Skye made Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup progress following the shinty action on Saturday May 6.
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup – first round
Bute 0
Caberfeidh 5
Caberfeidh safely negotiated a tricky trip to The Meadows, beating Bute 5-0.
Bute contributed to a decent game, despite only having 12 players available. Their absentees included influential defender Ian MacDonald.
Fine goal-keeping from Bute’s Kevin Queen kept the tie scoreless, despite periods of constant Caberfeidh pressure during the first 35 minutes of the game. But the visitors went on to score four times in the remainder of the first half.
Martin MacDonald and Blair Morrison scored twice for Caberfeidh with Kevin Bartlett getting the fifth.
Caberfeidh were slick up front with Scottish international Kevin Bartlett their focal point.
The tie went a bit flat in the second half, influenced perhaps by the fact it was a particularly hot day which sapped the players’ energy. Indeed, referee Ross Brown stopped play mid-way through each half to allow players to take water on board.

Kilmory 6
Taynuilt 0
Kilmory were too strong for Taynuilt, winning 6-0 at MacRae Park.
Alex Cunningham scored twice to put Kilmory 2-0 ahead and his younger brother Andrew Cunningham made it 3-0 before the interval.
Hal Jones scored twice early in the second half with Alex Cunningham completing his hat-trick not long after.
Alex Cunningham’s second strike was the pick of the afternoon’s goals. Hal Jones ran to get on the end of a long hit towards the corner flag. Jones crossed the ball hard and low towards the penalty spot where Alex Cunningham lost his marker and showed good control before driving a shot home, sending the ball just inside the post.
Aberdeen University
v Skye Camanachd W/O
Skye Camanachd were given a walk-over when Aberdeen University were unable to raise a team for their tie at Balgownie.
Inveraray W/O v Tayforth
Inveraray also received a pass into the second round after Tayforth were unable to raise a team for their game at The Winterton.
Marine Harvest Premiership
Kinlochshiel 4
Newtonmore 1
Kinlochshiel confirmed their title credentials by beating reigning champions Newtonmore 4-1 at a warm Kirkton.
Throw-up was brought forward to noon to avoid a clash with a local funeral.
Both starting line-ups were unchanged from the previous Saturday and Kinlochshiel played up the slope in the first half.
Newtonmore were forced to make an early change when Ackie MacRae had to come off for ten minutes to have a cut just above his ear attended to. Fraser MacKintosh came on to join the attack, with Craig Ritchie dropping into the buckshee back position. The home goal survived a goal-mouth scramble after Fraser MacKintosh showed good control to find Rory Kennedy but his ball into the danger area was eventually cleared.
Kinlochshiel took the lead after 12 minutes. Nice passing saw the ball played through the middle of the Newtonmore defence. John MacRae ran to the right and held off Steven MacDonald before crossing low to Jordan Fraser who lost his marker and slotted the ball past Norman Campbell with the visitors claiming for offside.
Shortly after, a clean strike from Keith MacRae on the Kinlochshiel left nestled in the outside of the side-netting, although keeper Campbell had his goal covered.
Steven MacDonald took a knock in the lead up to MacRae’s strike and was able to continue after treatment.
The visitors were disrupted again on the half-hour as Jamie Robinson limped off with what looked like a groin problem and Paul MacArthur came on in his place. MacArthur went to wing centre with Drew MacDonald going to full centre.
Paul MacArthur’s first involvement was to launch a terrific shy from the left. The ball fell to Iain Robinson at the back post but Scott Kennedy made a fine save at the expense of a corner.
Newtonmore’s Michael Russell was booked for a challenge which upended Keith MacRae on the Kinlochshiel left.
With the game moving well into first half stoppage time, John MacRae cut into the ‘D’ from the Kinlochshiel right, but collided with keeper Norman Campbell and a free-hit to the visitors was the outcome.
A number of first half stoppages led to more than five minutes additional time at the end of the first half and, with seconds to go, Paul MacArthur challenged Gordie MacDonald on the Newtonmore left. MacArthur sent a high ball into the goal area which looked to be going over the top. The ball dipped at the last minute though and went just under the crossbar to give Newtonmore a fortunate equaliser.
There was just enough time to restart the game before referee Deek Cameron blew for half time.
Both sides made changes at the break. Kinlochshiel had to replace Gordie MacDonald who appeared to hurt his knee in the challenge with MacArthur at the end of the half. Ally Nixon came on in his place and played well. Newtonmore replaced wing forwards Iain Robinson and Craig Ritchie with Fraser MacKintosh and David Fraser.
Kinlochshiel, urged on by the excellent Donald Nixon in midfield, regained the lead on 57 minutes. Steven MacDonald was penalised for a challenge and the resultant set-piece looked to have come from the training field. The ball was played out to the right and when the ball was crossed to the edge of the ‘D’, John MacRae lost his marker to steer the ball home.
There was more delight for the home support three minutes later. A Keith MacRae shot from distance was saved with his legs by Norman Campbell but John MacRae reacted first to touch the rebound home.
A net-bound Keith MacRae shot on 70 minutes was inadvertently deflected to safety by one of his own team mates.
Newtonmore, who had switched Rory Kennedy back to full centre by this time, almost reduced the deficit a couple of minutes later. Fraser MacKintosh shot goalwards from around the penalty spot, only for Scott Kennedy to dive across his goal to keep the ball out with his body.
With 15 minutes remaining, Newtonmore’s Drew MacDonald was withdrawn and Craig Ritchie came on to take over at buckshee back. Michael Russell went to full back with Steven MacDonald pushed up front, first to wing forward and then to full forward.
However, it was Kinlochshiel who added a fourth three minutes from time. An Ackie MacRae clearance went straight to Keith MacRae who sent the ball high into the net to make it 4-1.
Kinlochshiel are two points behind leaders Kyles Athletic with a game in hand.

Kyles Athletic 5
Lovat 0
Kyles Athletic stay two points clear at the top of the division after they beat Lovat 5-0 at Tighnabruaich.
Callum Miller was back in the Kyles starting line-up after a hamstring problem and the full back played the whole match. Grant Irvine also returned to the home squad after a spell out through injury and he started on the bench.
Lovat travelled without Drew Howie and Craig Mainland and the injured Bailey MacKay. Callum Cruden went to full back where he had a good game against Roddy MacDonald.
Lovat played well in the first half but they had nothing to show for their efforts.
Kyles upped the pace after the restart and three quick goals early in the second period put them in control.
Sandy MacKenzie opened the scoring on 48 and Roddy MacDonald made it 2-0 three minutes later.
Sandy MacKenzie got his second on 53 minutes to complete the early second half blitz.
The goals seemed to knock Lovat’s confidence and Kyles never looked like losing from then on.
Two late goals put gloss on the win as Grant Irvine netted on 77 minutes and Sandy MacKenzie grabbed a hat-trick goal six minutes from time.
Kyles turned in a good performance. They are back to full strength and Roddy MacDonald has now scored in all nine of their competitive matches this season.

Kingussie 1
Oban Camanachd 0
Just as he did in the corresponding fixture last season, Roddy Young scored a minute from time to give Kingussie a 1-0 win over Oban Camanachd at The Dell.
Kingussie were still without the injured James Falconer and with Lee Bain also missing, Calum Grant was given a first start and he was excellent in the buckshee back position.
Oban Camanachd were missing Scott MacMillan who was working and Connor Howe was another absentee.
Kingussie had chances in the first half. Ryan Borthwick hit the crossbar, Savio Genini had a penalty saved by Gavin Stobbart and Roddy Young sent a shot wide of target.
It was Oban Camanachd’s turn to have the better chances in the second half as Matt Rippon hit the bar and Andrew MacCuish hit the post.
The Oban side had a great chance to take the lead on 83 minutes when referee Martin MacLean awarded them a penalty but Aidan MacIntyre sent his effort the wrong side of the post.
Oban Camanachd were made to pay with a minute remaining. The visitors seemed sure to clear a ball in the corner area but Ryan Borthwick chased the defender down and when his opponent was unable to get the ball away, Borthwick won possession and played the ball to Roddy Young who sent a low, 25-yard shot into the bottom corner of the net to make it 1-0.
Kingussie boss Dallas Young was more than happy with the win. ‘I’m absolutely delighted,’ he said after the game. ‘Both sides were going at it throughout the game and I must highlight Ryan Borthwick’s role in our goal. He chased a ball that most players would have given up on when the defender looked favourite to clear. He won possession and set up Roddy to score, just like he did in the game last year. Ryan’s contribution left me with a smile on my face. I’m really chuffed and I felt we did just enough to win the game.’

Lochaber 0
Kilmallie 2
Kilmallie earned a morale-boosting first league win of the season, beating Lochaber 2-0 at Spean Bridge.
Lochaber’s Barry MacDonald was free of his two-match suspension and started in midfield. Brian MacDonald returned from injury to take up a place on the bench.
Kilmallie’s Michael Rodger had served his two-match ban but Aaron Sandison and Liam Cameron were still suspended.
Kilmallie made the stronger start, taking a direct approach from the throw-up.
They got their reward on 11 minutes when Michael Rodger made a long clearance from defence.
The ball fell to Craig MacIsaac who found Duncan Rodger who turned his marker before hitting a low shot just inside keeper Callum MacDonald’s left hand post. The ball took a bounce on the hard surface on its way into the net.
Bryan MacKay, who had come off the bench in the opening minute to replace Ryan Stewart who had suffered a knock, scored Kilmallie’s second goal on 36 minutes.
Craig MacIsaac got on the end of a corner and fed Duncan Rodger who passed to MacKay who slammed the ball into the roof of the net to make it 2-0.
Kilmallie thought they had a third goal but Bryan MacKay’s low strike hit the side stanchion and bounced back into play. Referee John Angus Gillies consulted with his goal judge and disallowed the effort.
With the first half drawing to a close, Craig MacIsaac hit a blistering shot which was well saved by Callum MacDonald.
Lochaber came out fighting from the re-start and almost pulled a goal back when Stuart Callison turned his marker and rifled what seemed an unstoppable shot, only for Kilmallie goalie Shane Gillies to pull off an unbelievable save, turning the ball away for a corner.
Kilmallie were awarded a penalty on 70 minutes when Callum MacDonald lifted his foot whist saving a Duncan Rodger shot but Roger fired the resultant penalty wide of the keeper’s right-hand post.
This spurred Lochaber on again and Shane Gillies had to make another great save, this time denying Shaun Nicolson on 75 minutes.
Kilmallie did enough to win the game over the 90 minutes. It was a clean, hard-fought local derby with no cards shown by referee Gillies.
Lochaber’s Barry MacDonald played well and Stuart Callison worked tirelessly up front.
Kilmallie had several good performers with Innes Blackhall man of the match, displaying great grit and determination in the centre line.
Michael Rodger was commanding at buckshee back and full forward Duncan Rodger caused the Lochaber defence problems throughout the game. Shane Gillies made two or three incredible saves to earn his clean sheet.
There was more good news for Kilmallie as defender Steven Stewart and forward Daniel Stewart look set to join the club after previously playing for Fort William.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 2
Glenurquhart 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll and Glenurquhart shared the points following a 2-2 draw in their 3pm throw-up at Yoker.
GMA were without Mark Bain who was on holiday, whilst Glenurquhart were minus John Barr, Neale Reid, Connor Golabeck and Euan Lloyd.
Fraser Heath was one of Glenurquhart’s best players on the day and he opened the scoring on 16 minutes.
Referee Will MacDonald awarded GMA a penalty shortly after but Craig Anderson missed from the spot.
GMA drew level on 28 minutes when Craig Anderson gathered a short corner and dribbled along the by-line into the ‘D’ where he played the ball across goal where Iain Luke finished.
Glenurquhart were then awarded a penalty when keeper Robert Dunnings was adjudged to have kicked the ball. The referee pointed to the spot after consulting his goal judge. The home side were aggrieved, claiming their keeper played the ball with his stick. James MacPherson was undeterred as he slammed home the spot-hit to make it 2-1.
GMA had a lot of possession and territorial advantage in the second half and levelled for a second time on 65 minutes when a Brian Slattery shy ended up in the back off the net, although Glenurquhart’s Eddie Tembo may have got the final touch.
Glenurquhart’s cause wasn’t helped when they had David MacLennan sent off midway through the second half and GMA will be disappointed not to have taken both points.

Marine Harvest National Division

Beauly 2
Fort William 2
Fort William missed out on a chance to go top of the Marine Harvest National Division when they drew 2-2 with Beauly at Braeview Park.
Beauly absentees included Liam Girvan, Connor Ross and Sean Stewart.
Fort William’s Bryan Simpson was free of suspension but didn’t travel.
Fort keeper Paul MacKay did well to thwart Jack MacDonald before Beauly took the lead. Sandy Elrick and Jack MacDonald combined on the Beauly left to set up Ross Forbes at the edge of the ‘D’ who turned and scored to make it 1-0 with 28 minutes played.
Lewis Clark levelled on the stroke of half time when he got on the end of Calum Shepherd’s cross to score.
A low Daniel Lamont shot from 25 yards out on the right put the home side back in front on 56 minutes.
However, Graham Campbell restored parity a minute later when he got on the end of a high ball forward to score.
Both sides hit the frame of the goal in the final third of the match and although Fort William finished strongly, Beauly held on to earn a point.
The visitors almost snatched a winner at the death when Calum Shepherd scored, but one of his team mates was ruled offside.
Fort William have a home Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup first round tie against Oban Celtic this coming Saturday whilst Beauly head for Skye in the league.

Marine Harvest North Division 1

Fort William 3
Kingussie 4
The Kingussie colts move a point clear at the top of the table after they came from two goals down to beat the Fort William colts 4-3 at An Aird.
Victor Smith on 37 minutes and Jay MacLeod on 48 minutes had the Fort 2-0 ahead. However, Liam Borthwick struck twice on 50 and 53 minutes to make it 2-2.
Cal Brown put Fort William back in front on 62 minutes, but Kevin Thain, who had passed up a couple of chances in the first half, scored on 66 and 70 minutes to give Kingussie a 4-3 win.
Glenurquhart 0
Newtonmore 0
The Newtonmore seconds and the Glenurquhart seconds shared the points in a 0-0 draw at Blairbeg.
Both teams were under strength and Newtonmore are now a point behind leaders Kingussie but they have a game in hand. This was the Glenurquhart seconds first point of the season.
Skye Camanachd 2
Kinlochshiel 1
An Iain MacLellan goal three minutes from time gave the Skye Camanachd second team a 2-1 derby win over the Kinlochshiel seconds at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.
Scott MacLean threaded a pass through the Skye defence for Neil Fraser to net the opener on 11 minutes.
A great Ross Gordon run in from the left ended with the youngster confidently knocking the ball home just three minutes after the re-start. There were chances at both ends before Iain MacLellan bundled home the winner on 87 minutes. The win lifts Kenny MacLeod’s side to third in the table.

Marine Harvest South Division 1

Glenorchy 0
Lochside Rovers 6
Lochside Rovers were back on the road, this time beating Glenorchy 6-0 at Mart Park; a victory which takes them to the top of Marine Harvest South Division 1.
Craig MacDougall scored twice on 10 and 15 minutes, whilst Scott MacMillan, who played as his work pattern prevented him from travelling with the first team, made it 3-0 on 28 minutes.
Lewis Buchanan added a fourth on the stroke of half time. Lewis Buchanan got his second on 49 minutes and Scott MacMillan netted for the second time a couple of minutes before the final whistle.

Col Glen 0
Kyles Athletic 5
The Kyles Athletic seconds returned from Glendaruel with both points following a 5-0 win over Col Glen.
The match was originally scheduled to take place at Tighnabruaich but the venue was reversed during the week.
A Rupert Williamson goal on five minutes settled Kyles into the game and a David Boyle double on 35 and 38 minutes gave them the upper-hand.
Paddy Mulholland on the hour and Kyle Mcmartin 10 minutes from time rounded off the win.

Marine Harvest North Division 2

Strathglass 0
Glengarry 7
League leaders Glengarry go two points clear at the top of the table after beating the Strathglass second team 7-0 at Cannich.
Raymond Robertson opened the scoring on nine minutes and Daniel MacLennan made it 2-0 on the half hour. A goal glut followed after the break. Raymond Robertson on 49 minutes and Daniel MacLennan six minutes later doubled the visitors’ lead.
Raymond Robertson took his tally to four goals with strikes on 70 and 75 minutes with Seven Cameron scoring on 72 minutes.
Lochcarron 1
Lochaber 2
The Lochaber second team came from a goal down to beat Lochcarron 2-1 at Battery Park.
Liam Arnott gave the home support something to cheer about with a goal after 30 minutes. However, Keith Neville drew Lochaber level on 39 minutes. And it was Neville who got his second on 61 minutes to give the visitors the points.

Inverness 2
Boleskine 1
The Inverness colts defeated Boleskine 2-1 at The Bught Park.
Andy Reid gave Inverness the lead on 43 minutes and Jack Craig made it 2-0 on 49 minutes.
Boleskine’s Lewis Smith pulled a goal back on 62 minutes but Allan MacLeod’s side stayed in front to secure their second league win of the season.

Lovat 2
Strathspey Camanachd 4
Strathspey Camanachd beat the Lovat second team 4-2 at Balgate.
Strathspey made a blistering start to the game with Struan Ross scoring on seven and 11 minutes and Donald Colville getting a third a minute later.
A Lovat fight-back saw Raymond Rennie pull a goal back on 22 minutes and Connal MacIllechiar made it 3-2 on 51 minutes.
MacIllechiar’s goal was a great finish, striking a dropping ball which had spun in the air between Raymond Rennie and the full back.
Lovat went all out for a leveller with Steven Shand in the visiting goal making a number of good saves, particularly from Raymond Rennie.
However, Jonathan Gray made it 4-2 15 minutes from time with a shot from distance which dipped into the roof of the net.
The home side had a late chance to reduce the deficit when referee Scott McNeil awarded them a penalty but Shand saved Rennie’s well-struck spot-hit.
Strathspey stay third in the division.

Lewis Camanachd P
Caberfeidh P
The match between Lewis Camanachd and the Caberfeidh seconds at Shawbost will be rescheduled for a later date.
Marine Harvest South Division 2

Inveraray 5
Bute 0
The Inveraray seconds are now three points clear at the top of the table after they defeated the Bute seconds 5-0 in their noon throw-up at a baking hot Winterton.
The home side started with U18 quartet Robert Wood, Alan Cameron, Andrew Fraser and Lewis Cameron in defence.
They all played well, limiting Bute, who had absentees as their first team were short.
Bute found it difficult to handle the movement of Inveraray U14 forwards Coll MacKay and Campbell Watt, helped by the experienced David Robertson and Garry MacPherson.
Their play produced three first half goals with Garry MacPherson netting on 16 and 44 minutes, either side of a 27th minute Campbell Watt strike.
Bute made a tactical change for the second half, pulling a forward back to make up a five-man defence.
This eased the pressure on a Bute defence which was well-led by the experienced Stewart Stirling at full back.
Some remarkable goal-keeping from John Whitelaw helped keep the score-line down.
Inveraray did score twice more through David Robertson on 57 and 60 minutes to make it 5-0.

Oban Lorn 1
Strachur 0
Oban Lorn go second in the division after they beat Strachur 1-0 in a tight match at Ganavan, Oban.
Ewan MacCorquodale got the only goal of the game after 20 minutes, continuing a scoring run which has seen him net five times in Oban Lorn’s three fixtures so far.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 5
Aberdour 0
The Glasgow Mid Argyll reserves move up to third in the table after they secured a 5-0 victory over the Aberdour reserves in their noon throw-up at Yoker.
Former Kilmallie player Seb MacMillan scored the only goal of the first half after 15 minutes.
Angus MacInnes made it 2-0 on 54 minutes and Connor MacLeod added a third five minutes later.
Connor MacLeod got his second on 80 minutes with Ross Fraser rounding off the scoring five minutes from time.
All throw-ups were 2.30pm unless the match reports states differently.
WCA round-up
The ladies action focused on the Marine Harvest National Division 1 and the opening round of the Marine Harvest Challenge Cup.

Marine Harvest National Division 1

Aberdour 1
Lochaber 4
Lochaber top Marie Harvest National Division 1 after they overcame Aberdour 4-1 in their 1.30pm throw-up at Silversands.
Kirsty Delaney netted twice for Lochaber with Natalie MacDonald and Sarah Davie also scoring. Niamh Donnelly netted for Aberdour.

Badenoch & Strathspey 2
Fort William 0
Badenoch & Strathspey beat Fort William 2-0 in their 2pm throw-up at The Dell. Jeanette McGregor scored both Badenoch goals.

Glasgow Mid Argyll P
Lovat P
The match between Glasgow Mid Argyll and Lovat at Yoker was postponed as Lovat were unable to raise a team.
Lovat have been deducted a point and the match will be re-scheduled for a later date.

Marine Harvest Challenge Cup – first round

Glenurquhart 3
Inverness 4
Inverness beat Glenurquhart 4-3 in their noon throw-up at Blairbeg on Saturday May 6. Hazel Hunter scored all the Glenurquhart goals.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 2
Strathspey 0
Glasgow Mid Argyll defeated Strathspey 2-0 in their 12.30pm throw-up at Yoker. Kirsten Grant and Iona Cooper got the goals.

Tayforth 13
Lorne Ladies 1
Tayforth and Lorne Ladies met in a 1.30pm throw-up at Musselburgh.
An Arabella Kennard hat-trick and doubles from Rachael Addison, Joey Millar and Kirsty McIntyre and strikes from Isla Mackay, Erraid Sinclair, Kathryn MacLean and Ashley Brownlee counted for Tayforth with Alison Ferguson scoring for the Oban side.

Dunadd 2
Ardnamurchan 2
Ardnamurchan won 5-3 after extra-time.
Ardnamurchan edged out Dunadd 5-3 after extra-time in their 1.30pm throw-up at Ardrishaig.
The match finished 2-2 at the end of regulation time before Ardnamurchan surged ahead for the win.
Lucy MacMillan, Kate Bradley, Rachel Ford and a Joanne Ford double gave Ardnamurchan the win with Carla Todd, Grace Jeffrey and Nicola Smyth scoring for Dunadd.

Glengarry 6
Lochaber 1
Glengarry beat the Lochaber seconds 6-1 in their 1.30pm throw-up at Craigard.
Joanne Gillanders grabbed a Glengarry hat-trick with Margaret Jane Malcolm, Megan Stewart and Leona Falconer also scoring. Caitlin MacDonald bagged the Lochaber goal.

Valerie Fraser Camanachd Cup semi-final draw

The draw for the Marine Harvest Valerie Fraser Camanachd Cup semi-finals was made at Craigard on Sunday May 7.
Lovat will play Skye Camanachd with Lochaber facing Aberdour. Both ties will be played at neutral venues on Sunday June 25.
The draw for the Marine Harvest Challenge Cup quarter-finals was also made:
Cowal & Bute v Tayforth; Glasgow Mid Argyll v Oban Lorne; Inverness v Glengarry; Ardnamurchan v Strathglass. The ties will be played on Sunday May 28.

Youth round-up
Marine Harvest U17 London Shield – Section A: Kinlochshiel overcame Strathglass 3-1 at Plockton High School. WD MacRae and a Duncan Matheson double counted for the home side. Colin Birnie countered for Strathglass. The match between Skye Camanachd Fort William at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree, was postponed.
Marine Harvest U17 London Shield – Section B: Kingussie beat Oban Camanachd 5-1 at The Dell. Roddy Young and Dylan Young both bagged braces, whilst Liam Borthwick got the other. Lewis Buchanan scored for the Oban side.
South of Scotland U17 Trophy – MacQuiston Cup: The first round of the MacQuiston Cup took place at Craigard.
Bute, Col Glen, Inveraray and Oban Camanachd all took part in a round-robin series of matches. Oban Camanachd, with two wins and a draw, finished top of the pile, ahead of Col Glen who drew all their three games.
The next round of fixtures is scheduled for Strachurmore on Wednesday May 17.
North of Scotland U17 Trophy – MacTavish Cup: Newtonmore beat Kilmallie 2-0 at the Eilan, whilst Glenurquhart were given a walk-over against Caberfeidh.
Marine Harvest U17 Development League – W J Cameron: Skye Camanachd B beat Lovat 13-1 at Balgate. Niall MacPhee scored four times, Jamie MacPhie grabbed a hat-trick and Abby MacLean, Mark MacQueen and Liam MacPhie bagged doubles. Cameron MacMillan got the Lovat goal.
The match between Glengarry and Inverness at Craigard was postponed.
Marine Harvest U14 League, Section A: Kingussie beat Lovat 7-0 at The Dell. Lochaber edged out Newtonmore, winning 7-5 at Spean Bridge. Max Campbell scored six Lochaber goals with Tyler Whyte also netting. Four goals from Brodie MacBain and a Finlay Paterson effort counted for Newtonmore. Section B: Fort William defeated Ardnamurchan 5-1 at An Aird. Sean MacLellan got the Ardnamurchan goal but Archie MacKinnon, Craig MacDonald, two from Alfie Duncan and a Hamish Shaw strike gave Fort William the win.
Kilmallie overcame Glengarry 7-4 at Canal Parks. Connor MacKenzie and Aiden Love both scored twice for the home side with Ellie Bisset, Ben MacKinnon and Andrew Dingwall also netting. Glengarry’s goals came from Cameron Fraser, two, and Finlay Fraser and Joshua Seymour. Section C: Kinlochshiel powered past a young Caberfeidh side with a 17-0 win. Archie MacRae scored six times, Sam Stubbs netted four times, Corin Jack grabbed a hat-trick whilst Mark Whear, Arran Jack, Nathan Stewart and Zander MacRae were also on target. Section D: Inverness beat Glenurquhart 3-0 with Finlay Calder scoring all three goals.
Marine Harvest U14 South League: In the opening round of fixtures, Ballachulish beat Oban Lorn 9-1.
Daniel MacLean got three goals, Lewis Moran scored twice whilst David Wilson, Fraser MacLean, Leon Lawrie and Blair Nicholson got the others. William MacEwen scored for the Oban side.
The matches between Dunoon and Oban Camanachd and Bute and Kilmory will be re-arranged for a later date.
Kingussie High School win MacBean Cup: Kingussie High School won the MacBean Cup at An Aird on Wednesday May 3 beating Glenurquhart High School in a close final which went all the way to penalties.
The Fraser MacPhee Primary School shinty tournament takes place at An Aird on Sunday June 18.
Any teams interested in taking part should contact Niall MacPhee on 07957166152 or email at nail4fort@hotmail.com.


Saturday May 13
Tulloch Homes Camanachd Cup first round
Fort William v Oban Celtic
Calum Girvan – 3pm.
Strathglass v Ballachulish Martin MacLean – 3pm.
MacTavish Cup Semi Final
Newtonmore v Glenurquhart Deek Cameron – 3pm.
Gregor Cameron Celtic Society Cup Semi Final
Kyles v Glasgow Mid Argyll
Lachie Wood – 3pm.
Inveraray v Oban Camanachd Graham Cameron
Strathdearn Cup second round
Glengarry v Glenurquhart
Brian MacKay
Boleskine v Skye Scott McNeil – 1.30pm
Fort William v Kinlochshiel Ronnie Campbell – noon
Kilmallie v Caberfeidh Steven MacLachlan – noon.
Lochaber v Lewis Iain Kennedy – 2pm.
Lochcarron v Kingussie John Angus Gillies
Newtonmore v Lovat John Matheson – noon
Strathglass v Inverness Evan MacRae – noon
Marine Harvest Premiership
Lovat v Lochaber Archie Ritchie
Kilmallie v Kingussie Willie MacDonald – 3pm.
Marine Harvest National Division
Inverness v Caberfeidh Andy MacLean
Skye v Beauly Innes Wood
Marine Harvest South Division 1
Kyles Athletic v Bute Ross Brown – noon
Glenorchy v Tayforth David Mitchell
Col Glen v Lochside Rovers Robert Baxter
Taynuilt v Aberdour Des McNulty
Marine Harvest South Division 2
Dunoon v Aberdour Jim Innes
Glasgow Mid Argyll v Strachur Euan Pearson
Oban Lorn v Bute Neil MacDonald
All throw-ups 2.30pm, unless stated.