MacTavish and Celtic Society Cup semi-final line-ups decided

The Three Amigos: Glenurquhart goalscorers Neale Reid (left), James Macpherson (hat-trick) and Conor Golabek. Glenurquhart v Lovat in the 1/4 final of the MacTavish Cup, played at Blairbeg, Drumnadrochit.

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Oban Times – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?


Subscribe Now

MacTavish Cup quarter-finals
Glenurquhart 5
Lovat 0
The pick of the MacTavish Cup quarter final ties looked to be the clash between Glenurquhart and Lovat at Blairbeg. This was the second time in three weeks the sides had met and this time Glenurquhart were convincing 5-0 winners.
Garry MacKintosh was back in goal for Glenurquhart whilst defenders Fraser Heath and John Barr also returned. Andrew Corrigan was missing, as were injured forwards Daniel MacKintosh and Callum Smith, so there was a start in attack for Michael Fraser.
Lovat’s Callum Cruden was on holiday whilst Mark Kelly was still out injured.
Glenurquhart took an early lead when Neale Reid won the ball on the right and played it up the wing to James MacPherson who sent a first time ball across the ‘D’. The ball was missed by the visiting defence and Connor Golabeck tucked the ball low into the net to make it 1-0 with five minutes played.
Neale Reid made it 2-0 on 10 minutes. James MacPherson picked out Reid with a free hit 25 yards from goal and Reid sent a first time shot high into the net.
James MacPherson added a third on 35 minutes when he came out to the buckshee forward position to win possession and sent a strike high into the net to make it 3-0 at the break.
With Glenurquhart shooting towards the shop end of the ground in the second half, James MacPherson got his second and his side’s fourth on 73 minutes. This time MacPherson moved out to the right and beat his marker before running in on goal. Lovat keeper Stuart MacDonald raced off his line but MacPherson got to the ball first, and steered the ball into the net for a superb individual effort.
James MacPherson completed his second hat-trick of the season in the final minute after he ghosted out to the left before sending a snap-shot low across keeper MacDonald into the net to make it 5-0.
Glenurquhart, with John Barr superb in defence, were dominant and Stuart MacDonald in the Lovat goal made three excellent saves whilst his opposite number, Garry MacKintosh, was rarely troubled.

Newtonmore 3
Caberfeidh 2
Holders Newtonmore had to battle all the way to eventually beat National Division side Caberfeidh 3-2 at the Eilan.
Newtonmore’s Andy MacKintosh was free of suspension and Norman Campbell and Drew MacDonald were also back after missing the league win over Glasgow Mid Argyll. A hamstring injury ruled out Paul MacArthur though and Ackie MacRae was unavailable.
Caberfeidh full centre Craig Morrison was free of his two game suspension.
Glen MacKintosh put ’More ahead on 27 minutes but when ‘Cabers’ worked the ball up their left side a couple of minutes before the break, Colin MacLennan finished off a good passing move when he scored from the edge of the ‘D’ to ensure the sides would go into the interval level.
When Kevin Bartlett controlled and then converted a rebound off the keeper a couple of minutes after the restart, Newtonmore knew they had a fight on their hands.
However Glen MacKintosh went on to complete his hat-trick with goals on 56 and 78 minutes. First, he gathered a free hit from midfield before making space to turn and score on his left side, beating keeper Ewen Pilcher low at his left post. MacKintosh then cut in from the right and dribbled the ball past the keeper before rolling it into the net to make it 3-2.
Newtonmore might not yet be firing on all cylinders but Danny Macrae is back in training and poised to make a return after two years away from the game whilst Evan Menzies is also nearing a return.
Newtonmore now face Glenurquhart in the MacTavish Cup semi-finals.

Beauly 1 Kinlochshiel 7
Kinlochshiel are also through to the semi-finals after they eased past Beauly 7-1 at Braeview Park.
It took a replay to settle the Camanachd Cup tie between the sides last season, with ’Shiel eventually progressing after a draw at Kirkton, but the Marine Harvest Premiership side were never in danger in this one.
John MacRae put ’Shiel ahead on 24 minutes and two goals late in the first half left the visitors in control.
Jordan Fraser made it 2-0 on 40 minutes with Keith MacRae getting a third on 44 minutes.
The goals continued in the second half and Jordan Fraser got his second on 49 minutes to make it 4-0.
Oliver MacRae added a fifth on 65 minutes with Gordie MacDonald adding his name to the scoresheet a couple of minutes later.
Beauly, who have Greg Tillman sidelined with an arm injury, gained some consolation when Jack MacDonald made it 6-1 on 73 minutes but ’Shiel had the final say when John MacRae got his second five minutes from time.

Kilmallie 1
Inverness 0
Premiership side Kilmallie overcame Inverness 1-0 in a tight encounter at Canal Parks.
Craig MacIsaac served the final match of his ban, but Jordan MacPhee and Innes Blackhall were free of suspension, although the latter was unavailable.
Inverness manager Drew McNeil was back after missing the previous week’s cup defeat to Caberfeidh. Ian Munro returned in goal, but Davie Glass was injured.
The only goal of the game came as early as seven minutes when Ryan Stewart scored.
Duncan Rodger, who played in defence, was shown a second yellow card by referee Innes Wood following a challenge on Charlie MacDonald with the Kilmallie man’s swing catching the Scotland U21 player.

Gregor Cameron Consultancy Glasgow Celtic Society Cup quarter finals
Kyles Athletic 18
Kilmory 0
Holders Kyles Athletic made it through to the Gregor Cameron Consultancy Glasgow Celtic Society Cup semi-finals after beating Kilmory 18-0 at Tighnabruaich.
Kilmory had a number of absentees resulting in some players playing out of position and they were in for a torrid afternoon.
Grant Irvine opened the scoring on two minutes with Gordon Whyte on six minutes and a second from Irvine a minute later making it 3-0.
Grant Irvine completed his hat-trick on 12 minutes and scored again on 15 minutes. An Innes MacDonald shot from distance on 19 minutes took a slight deflection off a defender but looked net-bound in any case as the ball flew into the top corner of the net to make it 6-0.
Kyles were relentless and a second from Gordon Whyte on 31 minutes and a Roddy MacDonald goal 60 seconds later made it 8-0. There was still time for Grant Irvine to get his fourth on 38 minutes and Martin MacFadyen to score on 44 minutes as the home side reached double figures at the break.
Sandy MacKenzie on 51 minutes, a hat-trick goal from Gordon Whyte a minute later followed by a Brandon Wilson strike on 61 minutes made it 13-0.
Roddy MacDonald got his second on 65 minutes and Thomas Whyte netted a couple of minutes later to make it 15-0.
Roddy MacDonald completed his hat-trick on 75 minutes and a second from Sandy MacKenzie on 79 minutes and a fourth from Gordon Whyte on 82 minutes completed the 18-0 winning margin.

Bute 0
Inveraray 2
Inveraray showed no hangover from the previous weekend’s league defeat to Strathglass as they beat Bute 2-0 at The Meadows.
Inveraray, with a strong wind behind them, dominated from the start with captain Lewis MacNicol commanding at full centre.
The pressure paid off after 18 minutes when Lewis Montgomery put the visitors ahead.
Lewis Montgomery got his and Inveraray’s second on 25 minutes when he finished off a good passing move.
Inveraray pressed for a third but the Bute defence held out until the break.
Bute now had the wind in their favour and made a good start to the second half, showing more intensity to their play.
Inveraray stayed strong though with Ally Munro excellent in defence.
Inveraray slowly worked their way back into the game and although they didn’t add to their tally, they will be happy with the 2-0 win.
Inveraray now have a free weekend to celebrate Grant Griffin’s wedding but they are back on cup duty at the end of the month when they host Oban Celtic in the Artemis Macaulay Cup.

Glasgow Mid Argyll 8
Glenorchy 0
Glasgow Mid Argyll defeated Glenorchy 8-0 in their quarter-final tie at Yoker.
Craig Anderson and Stuart Reid both returned for GMA. The home side took the lead through Callum McLay after nine minutes.
Duncan ‘Ach’ MacRae made it 2-0 on 17 minutes and Mark Bain added a third 10 minutes later.
Garry Luke made it 4-0 a couple of minutes into the second half and Craig Anderson increased GMA’s advantage on 52 minutes.
Former Glenurquhart player Stuart Reid made it 6-0 on 65 minutes before Scotland U21 player Craig Anderson completed his hat-trick with goals on 70 and 79 minutes.

Tayforth v
Oban Camanachd W/O
Oban Camanachd are through to the semi-finals after Tayforth were unable to raise a team for their 3pm throw-up at Levenhall Links.
Oban Camanachd boss Iain Hay was on a family break but had pre-arranged to travel to Musselburgh to meet up with his squad for the game.
However, in a Tayforth club statement, secretary Andy Scott said: ‘Unfortunately our men’s team have been forced to forfeit this weekend’s Celtic Cup game against Oban Camanachd. As a result of players being away for the Easter break, work commitments and injuries, we are unable to field a team and, as a club, have taken the decision to forfeit. This is something we did not want to do but in these circumstances, we had no alternative option.’
Oban Camanachd will now play Inveraray in the semi-finals.

Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup – first round
Fort William 1
Kinlochshiel 0
The Fort William seconds sealed their place in the second round of the Aberdein Considine Sutherland Cup, beating the Kinlochshiel seconds 1-0 in their noon throw-up at An Aird.
Donnie Walker, who previously played in goal for Fort William’s seconds, scored the only goal of the game on 77 minutes.
The Fort William seconds will now have home advantage against Oban Lorn in the second round of the competition at the end of this month.
SCOTS Camanachd 2
Bute 3
Forces side SCOTS Camanachd went down 3-2 to the Bute second team in their 1pm throw-up at Levenhall Links.
Colin Irving and Gregor Cameron scored for the SCOTS but James Dunn, Ruari Soane and William Boag sent the islanders through.
The Bute second team now host Caithness in the next round.

Marine Harvest National Division
Fort William 3
Oban Celtic 1
Fort William maintained their 100 per cent record in shinty’s second tier as they defeated Oban Celtic 3-1 in their 3pm throw-up at An Aird.
Fort William were without Bryan Simpson and Ryan Boyle whilst Oban Celtic were without keeper Stephen Davidson, full back John Hill, full centre David MacInnes winger Rory Bruce and half forward Iain MacKechnie.
Daniel Stewart crashed the ball into the top corner of the net to put Fort William ahead after 13 minutes.
Daniel Stewart got his and Fort William’s second on 20 minutes, again giving the keeper no chance, with a shot high into the corner of the net.
Stewart was posing problems for the Oban defence but Ross MacMillan was switched to mark the Fort danger-man which stemmed the tide.
Oban Celtic also created first half chances with Neil Carmichael and Daniel Madej both going close.
It was Fort William who extended their lead on 55 minutes when Calum Shepherd made it 3-0.
Oban Celtic tried hard to get back in the game with Neil Carmichael and Daniel Madej posing problems for the home defence.
Neil Carmichael did reduce the deficit on 79 minutes but Oban Celtic will be concerned by a leg injury sustained by Carmichael which will likely require stitches.
Oban Celtic’s Ross MacMillan was red carded by referee Ross Brown for two yellow cards, the first for dissent and the second, with 10 minutes to go, for an unnecessary foul.
Oban Celtic have now played three consecutive away matches and their next three scheduled matches are also away from home; against Kilmory in the Balliemore Cup this Saturday, away to Inveraray in the Artemis Macaulay Cup the week after and away again to Fort William in the Tulloch Homes Camanached Cup in mid-May.

Strathglass 1
Skye Camanachd 4
Skye Camanachd stay at the top of the table following their 4-1 win over Strathglass in their 3pm throw-up at Cannich.
With Calum Gibb serving the second match of a two-game suspension, Skye’s injury list showed no signs of easing with Jordan Murchison the latest casualty, joining Neil MacVicar, Steven Morrison and Ruaraidh MacLeod on the sidelines.
An early James Pringle double on five and eight minutes gave Skye an early 2-0 lead.
Stewart Grant made it 3-0 on the hour mark and Danny Morrison added a fourth with 15 minutes remaining.
Josh Fraser scored for Strathglass four minutes from time. The sides meet at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree, this Saturday in the Balliemore Cup.

Marine Harvest North Division 1
Kingussie 7
Beauly 0
The Kingussie colts beat the Beauly colts 7-0 at The Dell.
Kingussie fielded a young side, leaving out Rory Fraser, Kevin Thain, Garry Munro and John Gibson. However, with no first team game, they were able to include youngsters Ruaridh Anderson, Roddy Young and Alexander Michie.
In the end, a Ruaridh Anderson goal, a Roddy Young hat-trick and strikes from Callum Grant, Dylan Borthwick and Bradley Harvey completed a 7-0 win which takes Kingussie to the top of the table on goal difference.
Had it not been for some fine goalkeeping from Beauly player/manager Kyles MacDonald, the winning margin could have been greater.

Skye Camanachd 1
Newtonmore 2
The Newtonmore second team only trail their Kingussie counter-parts on goal difference following their 2-1 win over the Skye Camanachd second team at Pairc nan Laoch, Portree.
Skye manager Kenny MacLeod was called up to the first team squad and with assistant managers David Grant on holiday and Allan MacLeod playing, Davie Pringle looked after the side.
Newtonmore boss Cammy MacDonald travelled without David Cheyne and John MacKenzie but there was a place on the bench for Scott Chisholm who has returned from a spell abroad.
Callum Stewart gave ’More a 17th minute lead when Skye failed to clear the danger from a Darrin Fowler shy.
Ross Gordon equalised on 41 minutes with a well-worked goal following a corner. However, Orsten Gardiner turned a Callum Stewart ball home on the stroke of half time to give the visitors the win.
The game was tousy at times but was well refereed by veteran whistler Ronnie Campbell.
The league’s top two meet in a Badenoch reserve team derby at The Dell on Friday April 21. Throw-up 6.30pm.

Marine Harvest South Division 1
Aberdour 5
Taynuilt 1
Aberdour returned to top spot following their 5-1 victory over Taynuilt at Silversands.
Taynuilt started brightly with the wind at their backs and went in front on 22 minutes following a crisp strike from Duncan Campbell.
Aberdour responded well though and Roddy MacColl drew them level five minutes later when he collected a Finlay Williamson pass before turning to score.
The home side had the elements in their favour after the break and Roddy MacColl finished off a good passing move to make it 2-1 on 51 minutes.
There was an element of fortune to Aberdour’s third goal on the hour mark. Taynuilt keeper Chris Parr saved well from Craig Grant’s low shot but, as he tried to clear his lines, Parr inadvertently scooped the ball into his own net.
With Angus Thorburn missing, much of the responsibility in the Aberdour attack fell to Roddy MacColl and he didn’t disappoint, completing his hat-trick on 87 minutes when he slotted home a rebound off the keeper to make it 4-1.
Former Inverness youth Jamie Anderson had been due to travel to Inveraray with the Aberdour seconds but a number of call-offs meant he was the home side’s substitute. Anderson came off the bench with just under 10 minutes remaining and he rounded off the scoring a couple of minutes from time when he got on the end of a Roddy MacColl cut back to send a firm low strike into the net.
Aberdour are a point ahead of second-placed Tayforth but they have played two games more.

Lochside Rovers 5
Col Glen 1
Lochside Rovers go third in the league after they beat Col Glen 5-1 at Mossfield.
Lochside were quick out of the blocks and Lewis Buchanan gave them the lead with a well-worked goal on two minutes.
Craig MacDougall made it 2-0 60 seconds later when he ran wide to gather possession before sending a rocket shot into the net.
Lochside went on to score three more times before the interval. Craig MacDougall slammed home a re-bound for his second on 32 minutes before 14-year-old Daniel Sloss chipped in with a brace on 42 and 45 minutes.
Lochside introduced Garry Lord at half time as he works his way back to fitness following a broken ankle.
Although he played the whole of the second period, his first team return could be a couple of weeks away.
Tom Irbhinn pulled a goal back for Col Glen a minute after the restart. The visitors proved stuffy opponents in the second half and Lochside were unable to add to their tally.
Michael MacQueen at full centre and two-goal Daniel Sloss were best for the Oban side.
Lochside are now two points behind second-placed Tayforth with a game in hand.
Lochside Rovers coach Gareth Evans was a happy man after the match. ‘It was a good win,’ he said. ‘We resisted the temptation to add any senior players to the side with their game off as we felt it wasn’t fair on the boys who have been training and playing every week for Lochside. We have a good youth set up at the club and we have a fit team with all the boys attending training each week. We moved the ball around quickly and our young forward line of Daniel Sloss, Lewis Buchanan, Craig MacDougall and ‘old head’ Ian MacMillan are doing very well. Although we might have scored more in the second half, you have to give credit to Col Glen.
‘They are a good side and they never let their heads drop. We now have back-to-back games against the Kyles Athletic second team. We face them this coming Saturday in the league and then in the Sutherland Cup and it’s always hard down at Tighnabruaich.’

Ballachulish 1
Kyles Athletic 3
The Kyles Athletic reserves picked up their first points of the season, beating Ballachulish 3-1 at Jubilee Park.
Rupert Williamson fired Kyles ahead on nine minutes and a 38th minute Craig Martin goal gave the visitors a 2-0 lead at the interval.
George Thomson made it 3-0 on 61 minutes before Duncan MacDonald pulled a goal back on 71 minutes.

Marine Harvest North Division 2
Glengarry 5
Boleskine 0
Glengarry maintained their 100 per cent record with a 5-0 win over Boleskine at Craigard.
There was a minute’s silence ahead of throw-up following the passing of Boleskine’s Pat MacDonald.
Archie Johnstone scored on 33 and 36 minutes to give Glengarry a 2-0 advantage at the interval. Nick Dalgety on 65 minutes and Alan Knox a couple of minutes later made it 4-0 and Raymond Robertson added a fifth on 70 minutes.
Glengarry stay two points clear at the top of the table.

Strathglass 2
Caberfeidh 6
The Caberfeidh reserve team remain second in the league after beating the Strathglass second team 6-2 in their noon throw-up at Cannich.
This was the second successive Saturday the sides had met at the same venue with Caberfeidh running out 2-1 winners in their Aberdein Considine Cup tie a week earlier.
‘Cabers’ started well and youngster Russell MacKenzie scored his first goal at this level with a low shot from outside the ‘D’ after three minutes.
Strathglass drew level on 11 minutes when veteran Robert Geddes beat his marker and ran in on goal, slipping the ball past Iain McCall to make it 1-1.
‘Cabers’, with Paul Ross and Callum MacKinnon putting in good shifts in midfield, went back in front on the half hour mark through Gavin McLauchlan. McLauchlan then got his second on 37 minutes before completing his hat-trick a couple of minutes before the break to make it 4-1.
Ruairidh McCreadie added a fifth on 63 minutes before Penri Jones pulled a goal back four minutes later.
Ruairidh McCreadie got his second on 72 minutes to make it 6-2.
Caberfeidh, who were still missing the injured Jamie Matheson, could have added to their tally with Stuart Krzyzanowski going close on more than one occasion.
Strathglass had their moments too but Iain McCall in the Caberfeidh goals dealt with their efforts.

Strathspey Camanachd 4
Inverness 3
Strathspey Camanachd came from two goals down to beat the Inverness colts 4-3 in their 1.30pm throw-up at Grantown Grammar School.
Stuart MacRae got the visitors off to a great start with a goal after two minutes.
Jack Craig made it 2-0 on 37 minutes, but, perhaps crucially, Matthew Davies pulled a goal back for Strathspey on the stroke of half time.
Connor Aubrey drew the sides level on 57 minutes and Martin Ross put Strathspey ahead for the first time in the match on 62 minutes.
A second Connor Aubrey strike three minutes later made it 4-2 and although Andy Reid pulled a goal back on 83 minutes, Strathspey held on to take the points.
Strathspey stay third in the league, only behind the Caberfeidh reserves on goal difference.

Lovat 1
Kilmallie 2
A late Dean Williamson goal gave the Kilmallie seconds both points against the Lovat seconds at Balgate.
Dean Williamson put Kilmallie ahead on five minutes but Cameron MacMillan drew Lovat level on 22 minutes.
It stayed that way until four minutes from time when Dean Williamson popped up with his second goal of the game, which proved to be the winner.

Lochcarron P
Lewis Camanachd P
The 1.30pm throw-up between Lochcarron and Lewis Camanachd was a Saturday morning casualty. With a number of the Lewis squad already crossing the Minch, the heavy Saturday morning rain left the Battery Park pitch unplayable.

Lochaber were the team without a fixture in this 11-team league.
Marine Harvest South Division 2
Inveraray 6
Aberdour 0
The Inveraray second team showed no ill-effects from the previous weekend’s extra-time Sutherland Cup defeat to the Lochaber reserves as they beat the Aberdour second team 6-0 at The Winterton.
Andrew Stewart opened the scoring on 20 minutes after sustained period of Inveraray pressure.
Shortly after, Coll MacKay netted the first of what was to be a memorable hat-trick for the 12-year-old.
’Aray continued to dominate and Coll MacKay got his second early in the second half.
Veteran David Robertson got in on the act midway through the second period to make it 4-0.
Inveraray wing man Kenny Kirkhope then scored the goal of the game, firing the ball into the top corner of the net from 25 yards out.
With just minutes left to play, young Coll MacKay finished from the edge of the ‘D’ to complete his hat trick and round off the 6-0 win.
The winning margin could have been greater had it not been from some fine saves from the Aberdour goalie, with young Campbell Watt, who had a great game, unfortunate not to score.
This was a good performance from Inveraray and the win, their third in three league fixtures with no goals conceded, continues Inveraray’s good start to life in South 2 which must please boss Graham MacPherson.
The Aberdour seconds showed signs they are improving.
Inveraray stay top of the division on goal difference.

Strachur 2
Glasgow Mid Argyll 1
Strachur are only behind the Inveraray seconds on goal difference after they overcame the Glasgow Mid Argyll second team 2-1 at Strachurmore.
Former Kilmallie player Seb MacMillan was on target to give GMA a 1-0 lead at the break.
However, Ross MacDonald and William Mcgladdery scored in the second half to give Strachur their third win in three league matches.
The top two – Inveraray seconds and Strachur – meet in a top of the table clash at The Winterton this coming Saturday.

Oban Lorn W/O
v Dunoon Camanachd
Oban Lorn were awarded the points when Dunoon Camanachd were unable to field a team for their match at Ganavan.
Oban Lorn go third in the league on goal difference.
WCA round-up
There were a number of Women’s Camanachd Association regional division fixtures on Sunday April 16.

Marine Harvest North Division 2
Lochaber 4
Glengarry 0
The Lochaber second team recorded a 4-0 win over Glengarry in their 1.30pm throw-up at Spean Bridge.
Claire Delaney scored twice, whilst Sarah Davie and Stephanie Walsh got the others.

Glenurquhart 5
Inverness 2
Glenurquhart defeated Inverness 5-2 in their 11am throw up at Blairbeg on Saturday April 15.
Ishbel Barr put the ‘Glen’ in front before Katie MacMillan levelled. However, a Hazel Hunter double, another from Ishbel Barr and a Tash MacNicol goal had the home side 5-1 up before Amber MacKay pulled a goal back.

Marine Harvest South Division 2
Oban Lorn 0
Ardnamurchan 4
League leaders Ardnamurchan continued their winning ways, beating Oban Lorn 4-0 in their 1pm throw-up which was switched from Ganavan to Mossfield on Sunday morning.
An Eilidh Ross double and goals from Carolanne Cameron and Lucy MacMillan clinched the win.
Ardnamurchan are away again this coming Sunday against Dunadd.

Dunadd W/O v
Glasgow Mid Argyll
Dunadd were awarded the points when the Glasgow Mid Argyll second team were unable to raise a team for their league meeting.

Lorn Ladies P
Cowal & Bute P
The match between Lorn Ladies and Cowal and Bute will be rescheduled for a later date.

MacTavish Cup Final match day sponsor
There was delight at Camanachd Association HQ ahead of last weekend’s MacTavish Cup quarter-finals, with confirmation that Anderson Shaw & Gilbert (Solicitors and Estate Agents) will be the match day sponsors for the 2017 MacTavish Cup Final.
Camanachd Association President Jim Barr said: ‘Anderson Shaw & Gilbert are already valued contributors to our sport through their membership of the Shinty Business Club and it is encouraging they have felt inclined to provide us with additional support specifically for this historic highland competition.’
Announcing the sponsorship deal, Findlay Boyd, a director of Anderson Shaw & Gilbert, said: ‘Anderson Shaw & Gilbert are proud to be named as match day sponsors of the MacTavish Cup Final, a deal which further cements our long standing association with the sport of shinty.
‘We recognise shinty is a sport with roots firmly embedded in the communities and culture of the Highlands and for us, being part of those communities and supporting their heritage is just as important as doing business there.
‘We look forward to welcoming the players and their supporters to what should be an exciting cup final.’
The Anderson Shaw & Gilbert MacTavish Cup Final takes place at the Bught Park, Inverness on Saturday June 10. Throw-up is at 4pm and the game will be broadcast live on BBC Alba.
The final will be preceded by the Anderson Shaw & Gilbert MacTavish Juvenile Cup (U17) Final which throws-up at noon.
There will also be two primary school age sixes tournaments. One is specifically for Inverness schools and the other for club teams from Inverness and surrounding districts, supported by the Inverness Common Good Fund.

Revised MacTavish Cup draw
The MacTavish Cup semi-final pairings are now known following last weekend’s quarter-final ties.
Saturday May 13
MacTavish Cup – Semi Final
Newtonmore v Glenurquhart
Kilmallie v Kinlochshiel
The 2017 Anderson Shaw & Gilbert MacTavish Cup Final will take place at the Bught Park, Inverness on Saturday June 10.

Revised Gregor Cameron Consultancy Glasgow Celtic Society Cup draw
The Gregor Cameron Consultancy semi-finals brings the south’s ‘big four’ teams together.
Saturday May 13
Gregor Cameron Consultancy Glasgow Celtic Society Cup – Semi Final
Kyles Athletic v Glasgow MA
Inveraray v Oban Camanachd
The 2017 Gregor Cameron Consultancy Glasgow Celtic Society Cup Final takes place at the Taynuilt Sports Field on Saturday June 24.